• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Louisa Co Sheriff Race: Mike Silberman would take guns if a law said to do so.

There was a meet the candidates event last night in Louisa County and a couple interesting questions were asked. One question which was asked was, If the President or Governor told him take all the guns from the citizens would they? While Ashland Fortune, the current Sheriff, responded with a...
  2. T

Louisa County Renewal information

The Louisa County permit renewal process is almost correct. Because traveling around the Country almost requires the acquisition of a permit I just had to pay my 5 year 2A Re-authorization Tax. I choose to renew in person as opposed to mailing it partly because I am close to the Clerks office...
  3. T

Group turns tables on Chicago gun turn-in...

... uses money for gun camp I saw this on American Thinker originally which linked to the Chicago Sun-Times article. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/07/sweet_pro-gun_group_turns_the_tables_on_gun_control_advocates.html...
  4. T

Bowling Pin Shoot for Charity in Louisa County June 30, 2012

There is another Bowling Pin Shoot happening in Louisa County on June 30, 2012. Proceeds to benefit The Scottish Rite Childhood Language Center at Richmond. Shooters meeting is at 10:00am and the fun begins at 11:00am. The PDF file attached has all the info....
  5. T

Guns found at Louisa High School

I understand that they found long guns but it demonstrates well that the offensive GFSZ laws and zero tolerance policy's must be completely done away with. Hunting guns found at Louisa High School Greg Dorazio The Central Virginian 11/30/2011 5:08:38 PM During the hunting seasons of an...
  6. T

Record-Low --- 26% in U.S. Favor Handgun Ban

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150341/Record-Low-Favor-Handgun-Ban.aspx PRINCETON, NJ -- A record-low 26% of Americans favor a legal ban on the possession of handguns in the United States other than by police and other authorized people. When Gallup first asked Americans this question in 1959, 60%...
  7. T

Help with a bit of information on carry without permit (non GA res. / no reciprocity)

It appears that there is a possibility that I may have to go to GA for a trip before the year is out. I'll be driving down a rental car and staying in a hotel. I am good up to the GA border but not in GA. Is there any legal method I can use to bring it along for the trip? If so what about in...
  8. T

Another dancing in the blood article....

I am sure that all have heard of the incident in Louisa County last Sunday. The local paper, The Central Virginian, had a little opinion piece concerning the incident and the GSL stickers during the Ag Fair. I tried to find a link to the piece on their site but that requires a paid subscription...
  9. T

VCDL at the Ag Fair.

Stopped by the Louisa Ag Fair today and saw a lot of GSL stickers every where!!! It was nice to see VCDL outside of the Gun Show scene and from what I hear they were well received. Besides, I can't think of anything that goes better than livestock, tractors, trucks, and guns....well maybe add in...
  10. T

Question about CHP charges...

imported post A couple friends of mine just applied for their permits in Warren county and the county charged them $0.50 for postage and envelope. I know it is only 50 cents but principals are principals. I was under the impression some of the fees were to cover the administrative costs of the...
  11. T

CHP application process question

imported post A friend of mine applied for his CHP and was required to submit 3 copies of everything to include DL, application, qualification cert. etc. Is this allowed by state law? I intentionally left out the county for now.
  12. T

It seems that VA has their own style of "gun owners/supporters are terrorists" document

imported post I don't know if this has been posted as of yet but VA considers us terrorists too. http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/workerscomp/presentations/safetyday2004/CrisisControllAssessPotentialThreatViolence.pdf Page 49 Title -- Anti-Government Group Issues
  13. T

Spoke to a Lawyer....

imported post We are out 'shopping' for a lawyer just incase we need to call one. He has taken several SD with firearm related cases and seems well versed in others. He did say that since VA doesn't have a castle doctrine law on the books that you better be damn sure that you have no where else...
  14. T

Question concerning the newer renewal CHP laws

imported post From what I can find I do not need to turn in anything other than the application and check/money order; no copies of anything. Am I correct in this assumption? I am currently 170 days out until my current permit expires.
  15. T

Delaware now honors VA CHP

imported post Delaware now honors VA CHP http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/crime/concealedweapons.shtml They are not reporting it as a reciprocity agreement but just as states they will honor.
  16. T

National Forest Question?

imported post I understand that the National Forests in VA follow state law. Does that mean I can open carry in a national forest like the majority of the state or do I have to follow the VA laws regarding state parks and keep it concealed?
  17. T

Taking a trip to Portsmouth...

imported post I have a non-res permit for NHand will be going to Portsmouth for a week. I can only find courthouses as restricted areas am I correct in believing that everywhere else is fair game.
  18. T

Va Beach Aquarium...any past issues

imported post Have there been any issues at the VA Beach Aquarium? I'll be going with the family in the near future.
  19. T

Del. Marshall running for Warner’s Senate seat

imported post Del. Marshall tossed in his hat for a bid on the liberal Warner US Senate seat. What is the story on this guy?...if any. He is challenging Gilmore for the GOP nod as is unknown Bob Barry. Oh I forgot to keep this gun related....we need to make this seat pro-gun as opposed to...
  20. T

H.R. 1955 -- The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act

imported post H.R.1955: The Snake is Rattling by L. Neil Smith lneil@netzero.comFor Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership http://www.jpfo.org [line] Question: why is...