• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Q

Advice for Washington resident to get an oregon permit

imported post Any advice?
  2. Q

From Washington State, will visit Milwaukee, WI for a week

imported post What are the legal issues I should be aware of here? I have seen that there is no reciprocity, but that OC is legal. What about CC?
  3. Q

Is anyone else having a hard time finding .45 ACP FMJ ammo?

imported post All the walmarts from just north of Marysville(Everett) down to Olympia seem to be totally out of .45 ammo. Also most of the local gun shops along the I-5 route, and most online retailers are backordered.... Anyone know where to find ammo?
  4. Q

Voice recording laws in Washington

imported post Is Washington a one party consent state or an all party consent state? I was pretty sure that it was a one party state, but after reading these: http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/washington/washington-recording-law http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.73.030 I...
  5. Q

Laws concerning carrying at home.

imported post What are the laws concerning family members carrying while on private property? Is there a difference between pistol and long guns? Are there minimum age laws? I had a discussion with someone about home defense and I realized I didn't know the laws about 'older children' in...
  6. Q

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

imported post Here is an article that I just found. http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/
  7. Q

Was drawn on and disarmed in Federal Way(was ok)

imported post I have to admit of all the stories about being disarmed this event was probably one of the 'best handled' by the officer. My wife and I were open carrying while we went to check out a house we were interested in buying. We arrived to the area early(the real estate agent said...
  8. Q

Conflicting gun laws. Private property vs school zone proximity.

imported post I know about the ban on bringing weapons into the proximity(1000 feet?) of a grade school. But what if your house is right next to a school? What if all of your private property is within 500 feet of a school?
  9. Q

An interesting situation in a movie.

imported post I recently watched the movie "The Strangers" with my wife. And during the whole movie we kept saying to each other 'if only they carried, or atleast had a home defense weapon..." Another movie that gave us the same feeling was the movie "The Brave One".
  10. Q

Harrassed and turned away from 4th of July at Gasworks Park in Seattle.

imported post My wife and I were just turned away from watching the Lake Union fireworks at Gasworks park. We are both very upset to the fact that we were turned away, but also the manner and 'reasoning for which' we were turned away. I am willing to answer questions and give more details...
  11. Q

Request for LEO encounter pamphlet

imported post I am requesting that we as a community develop a LEO encounter pamphlet. Something that includes references to laws(and cases?) that back up specific actions regarding how to react when confronted by a LEO. Something that covers the citizens rights and responsibilies, and the...
  12. Q

Carry into a 'convention center'

imported post My wife and I were reading through the WA state firearm laws to refresh our memory and we both noticed something interesting. RCW 9.41.300 (2)b: "Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality...
  13. Q

Washington State Resident visiting family in Fairfax(Northern VA)

imported post I lived in VA for two years, but I wasn't packing back then. What do I need to know while I'm in Northern VA? I've read the laws, but please assume I've never been to VA and that I haven't read any of the laws yet. I really don't want to accidentally get a weapons violation...
  14. Q

Washington Gun Rights Trifold (jpg's)

imported post Here's page 1.
  15. Q

Physics question

imported post Alright I'm trying to find out the muzzle energy of a round coming out of my Kimber Ultra Carry 2. I use Hornady 200 or 230 grain JHP rounds. The Kimber Ultra Carry 2 has a 3 inch barrel. Can anyone help me calculate this? I'm trying to compare the 'stopping' power of my Kimber...
  16. Q

All places in washington where OC is illegal.

imported post The purpose of this thread is to come up with a list of places that are either clearly black(illegal), or grey(legality questioned or unknown) to open carry and/or conceal carry. Black(illegal): 1. Any location with liquor license and age verification. Such as a bar, or liquor...