• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Mammoth Cave?

imported post It's my understanding we can now carry in National Parks, with the exception of 'federal buildings' such as visitor centers and the like. Bottom line, is the cave itself considered a 'federal building'?
  2. C

WalMart Louisville...guy arrested?

imported post Anyone know more about the guy arrested in Walmart a couple days ago? All I know is he walked into the women's bathroom and some customers saw him with a handgun.
  3. C

Saw Avatar and...

imported post ...no, this isn't about the amazing movie, but rather something to do with carry. You guys may recall a post I wrote about a local theater with 'no concealed weapons allowed' and posting a nonsense KRS on the front doors. At the time I called the manager asking about the decals...
  4. C

Here's a good one

imported post Went to ship some ammo at the UPS hub in Louisville yesterday. A large sign on the side of the building had "No concealed weapons allowed on premises per KRS 237.020". Now I just looked that up, and here's what it pertains to: "Right of Kentucky residents, out-of-state...
  5. C

Louisville gun show Oct 30-Nov 1

imported post Just letting everyone in the Louisville area know, it'll be at the fairgrounds again. Make note that the roller coaster 'Chang' is being dismantled.:celebrate
  6. C

Brass getting rare?

imported post I've called around to four gun ranges/shops in the Louisville area for 9mm brass. Most just said "no", but one guy explained they sell to reloading companies and don't leave any for people such as myself trying to do some reloading. Where are you guys getting your brass? BTW...
  7. C

FS: Sig 220 SERPA holster

imported post Sorry if this doesn't go here, but haven't had much luck on other forums so thought I'd post here. Blackhawk SERPA holster for a non-railed Sig 220. Has the belt and paddle attachments. Used a few times, switched to something else so maybe someone could use this for OC. $20. I'm...
  8. C

Friend and I applied for our permits today

imported post Finally. 6 month wait, take the class then wait for our certificates. Fortunately we got them in 5 days. Now the wait. $40 each to the SP, $25 for the sherriff. The lady came over to the waiting room with a digital camera and took our pictures.:lol: She's open carried a couple...
  9. C

Vehicle open carry, the final word

imported post I thought it would be best to just start another thread on this subject so future OC'ers could just click and read. I contacted the KY State Police office, CCDW permit issuing authority. The gentleman's name is Willie, and was very helpful. I will give the phone number upon...
  10. C

Question on car open carry

imported post Before I email the Attorney General's office, I'd like to ask everyone on here their opinion. My friend and I just finished the CC class at Bluegrass range in Louisville. The instructor was good, having been a deputy and currently competing in various IDPA style matches, among...
  11. C

CC at the 'church' service?

imported post I know we already have a couple threads about the event coming up, but I noticed this on his website... Do I take that to mean CC with valid permit is 'allowed' at the meeting?
  12. C

Necessary to get a resident state permit?

imported post My 6 month residency status is almost up here in KY, so I can schedule a CC class. Curious though, is it really necessary to get a KY state permit when I already have a non-resident FL permit that is valid here? Any particular advantage to having the KY one?
  13. C

No carry at adult education facilities?

imported post Can someone confirm or deny the validity of this sign? Per Handgunlaw.us, "The provisions of this section shall not apply to institutions of postsecondary or higher education."
  14. C

Carry while dropping off kids at school?

imported post I read the statutes on Handgunlaw.org and it doesn't list a provision for dropping off your kids like VA allows. Does this mean zero posession of handguns while on school grounds like the parking lot, IE leave it at home?
  15. C

National City Bank near downtown

imported post Long story short, the bank actually has a metal detector chamber in the entryway. I almost didn't catch the sign out front stating as such. They have it set up so you go in on a green light, one person at a time. I guess they've had their fair share of robberies. One of the metal...
  16. C

Open carry, a saga

imported post I've decided to start a 'logbook' or diary of sorts detailing my OC experiences here in the Louisville area. Anything out of the ordinary will be further explained, but otherwise I'll just give a brief description where and when I carried and what the outcome was. It won't be a...
  17. C

WTB: Kahr K9

imported post Looking to get a used K9 stainless. LGS has them for $600 but that's out of my league.
  18. C

Kids next door 'made' me

imported post I live in a neighborhood that has a core group of 'hood rats' that hang out, shoot hoops and generally walk around with nothing else better to do. The other day I was washing the cars on a balmy afternoon. I was (semi) CC my j-frame but the shirt kept pulling up. One of the teens...
  19. C

Showcase Cinemas in Louisville...no firearms?

imported post I almost didn't see the little line-circle-gun thing walking through the door. Upon closer inspection it basically said "no concealed firearms per KRS 237.110 (subsection 13). Violators will be prosecuted". Now is that a trespassing charge if you refuse to leave, or can they just...
  20. C

OC in National Parks?

imported post Forgive me if it's been discussed already. As the new law takes effect on the 9th, are we then allowed to OC in the parks if the states normally allow it otherwise? Don't worry, I don't plan to. Just would like the info.