• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. R

OC support poll on KRNV news site (Spoiler Alert: OC Wins)

nice to see this kind of support for Open Carry in the Northern Nevada community the poll wasn't even bombed by 2A groups https://www.facebook.com/krnvnews4/photos/a.217016253042.136084.57221253042/10153931175053043/?type=3&theater
  2. R

Carrying in a small car = pain and suffering

Is it just me or do bucket seats in small cars not get along with any side-holstered full size pistols? I'm left handed, 6'3, mostly torso, and I drive a Prius C. It's practically impossible to get in and out of that car without banging up my gun and then having it jam into my ribs or guts. OWB...
  3. R

My interview with UNR Police

I had applied for UNR police several months ago, and recently I received a call back for an interview. I showed up for the interview in my nicest suit,and when the interviewer, Sgt. Baker came out, I informed her that i would be unable to interview because I thought I would be a bad fit due to...
  4. R

ASUN Opposes Weapons on Campus

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2015/03/03/asun-opposes-weapons-on-campus/ This is non-binding on campus, but they will get the judiciary committee's ear on the 5th to speak their piece.
  5. R

Suing California?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has thought about suing the state of California in the wake of Peruta v. San Diego and others affirming RKBA in CA. Nevadans are often non-residents with business and pleasure in CA and could seemingly make a case that we are denied RKBA during our trips. Is...
  6. R

Wells Fargo banker makes up a law (AUDIO)

I had no issues going to the teller, asking for a notary, and meeting with a banker to have my item notarized, but on my way out, I was confronted by a young lad of 19-20 by the name of Abel who "informed" me that there is a federal law saying that you can't carry in banks. After correcting him...
  7. R

GFZs

Good for a laugh! http://youtu.be/Jr9sEDFxV0Y
  8. R

Trooper Chuck Allen, Washoe County Sheriff Candidate on Guns in the WCSO

I wrote this letter to Chuck Allen "Trooper Chuck Allen, If you are elected Sheriff of Washoe County, would you take down the illegal signage at the front of the Sheriff's Office that prevent citizens from lawfully carrying firearms into the civil areas of the sheriff's office? As a conservative...
  9. R

"Firearms Prohibited" sign at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office

I talked to Lt. Greene at the WCSO and he said (politely) that it's the Sheriff's policy, since the sheriff's office is attached to the jail. There are, however, no metal detectors at the door, and the jail is not accessible from the Sheriff's office side by civilians. I tried calling the DA's...
  10. R

Open Carry Question

imported post can I have my gun OC in a hip holster while driving? If so, what's the etiquette on making it known that its OC if I get pulled over by a cop? I keep it on my left hip close to the car door