• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. H

Open Carrier in Walmart Sanford, NC

I have seen several guys open carrying in Sanford Walmart. One being last Sunday(1/5/14 just before 1900 hrs). I was in there again today(sadly) and I seen a guy open carrying a 1911(I think). I was feeling like horse $ha! so I didn't make any convo. Was either one of these any of y'all? Jason
  2. H

Need info

Hello to all. I am traveling through Georgia from visiting family, and I was wondering what the laws are on car carry. I have found some info but didn't understand fully. A little about me, I am 20 years old (So, I don't have any permits.) The car I will be driving is my mothers and she will...
  3. H

This is why I carry at home.

My Family FINALLY understands why I carry around the house. This happened less than 200 feet from where I was raised, Jimmy was my Uncle. From what has been told he was shot with his own gun. http://www.thepilot.com/news/2011/apr/18/man-woman-face-murder-charges-saturday-shooting/
  4. H

Can the sheriff of the county add to the requirements for permit?

Can the sheriff of the county add to the requirements for a CHP? I know the GS for Criteria to qualify for a CHP is GS § 14‑415.12 My ? is can the sheriff have his own requirements over and above the statue? Thanks, Jason.
  5. H

Open carry with a In the waist band holster with out a concealed carry permit?

anybody here open carry with a IWB holster without a concealed carry permit?
  6. H

Visiting Maryland for the first time

I have some questions about the laws in Maryland, Me my mom and grandma will be making a trip to Maryland soon I understand you can't carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle. I was wondering if I bring along my handgun is there anything prohibiting Me from having a handgun in my suit case in the...
  7. H

Wondering about a sign I saw at IHOP in Greensboro NC

I saw a sign at the IHOP in Greensboro,NC (Off Wendover) Thats says "NO Weapons Allowed Except Law Enforcement And State Permit Holder's" Just wondering if that means that you could OC if you had your CHP Being it doesn't say how state permit holders can carry. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  8. H

Couple Killed While Trying To Sell Car

imported post http://www.wsoctv.com/news/23775461/detail.html http://www.wsoctv.com/news/23775461/detail.html
  9. H

Carrying into a Hotel

imported post Howdy I am wondering if there is anything illegal about being in SC and bringing my handgun in to the hotel room If its NOT posted and I unload it and put it in a gun case before carrying it in and then When I get to the room Loading it? I do NOT have a CCP THanks in advance.
  10. H

Question regarding Federal/state Laws

imported post Hello, I have a quick Question, Which should be easy I think I already know the answer but need to find out If its right. Does Federal law override State law? I'm thinking Yes, Thanks in advance for any replies.
  11. H

Stopped by a Charlotte Bicycle Officer

imported post I was stopped by a Charlotte Bicycle Officer this past week, I had my gun in the car so, I put it on the dash while I was pulling off to the side of the road. As the cop walked up He said good afternoon And asked if I had a permit for my handgun (I'm thinking He mean't a CCP)...
  12. H

Any good lawyers Pro 2A in Charlotte?

imported post I am needing a good, pro 2a lawyer in the Charlotte NC area. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Jason.