• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. BillB

Typical politician's tactic

So, even though I live in NOVA, I sent an email to my delegate urging a no vote on the governor's change to containers in vehicles. No surprise, my NOVA delegate votes yes. But then I get this email reply from my delegate's assistant: And of course, no mention that my delegate voted the...
  2. BillB

What is the charge for lying to a police officer in Virginia?

This question is an offshoot from another thread. Is there a specific law or a specific charge used against someone who has lied to a police officer in response to question? Just curious.
  3. BillB

View From The Porch weighs in on OCing - again

No Segway, but I have these...
  4. BillB

Open Carry Shirts

Good idea or too silly? http://www.purchaseopencarrytshirt.com/OPEN_CARRY/OPEN_CARRY%21.html
  5. BillB

Comparing FL and VA Self Defense Laws

Here is an article that speaks to the legal use of deadly force. Some points in the article will probably generate some discussion as they seem to be at odds with the the prevailing opinions on this forum. For example here is a clip from the article: If you are in a public place in which you...
  6. BillB

Open carry at walmart

Possum Amatures. I'm originally from GA where they really do know possums, or opossums if you insist on being erudite.
  7. BillB

CCing is Nasty

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46630157/ns/local_news-washington_dc/#.T1VB6fEgfUs "A prisoner went to a dark place in order to smuggle a handgun behind bars, according to Prince William County Police. Brandon Delonte Braxton, 18, is accused of sneaking a small handgun into jail - in his rectum...