• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Question regarding NC CPP

So I have been open carrying in Charlotte for a while now, and have been thinking it would be good to get the concealed license for when I travel in SC or other states with reciprocity. But I also just saw that... "The applicant has not been adjudicated guilty of or received a prayer for...
  2. T

Marine shot in Florida over Craigslist meet.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-marine-veteran-shot-craigslist-robbery-used-fingers-172856828.html When I meet with a craigslist sale, I carry. Brought his kids with and then chased the guys, leaving them a block away. Thought that they were meeting at a well populated center, instead apartments...
  3. T

Knives-what's your carry?

My EDC is a Kershaw Blur s30v. Some people get all annoyed because it has a spring assist, but its a solid built knife, feels great in my hand :banana: LOL, and its made in the USA!
  4. T

Drawing issues!

So i have a few holsters, Serpa for glock 19 and 1911, Bianchi carry lok for the 1911, and a blackhawk iwb with clip for my glock 19 and today a tuck-able ETW leather iwb for my new sig 229. I can draw from all of my holsters without issue except for the new ETW tuck-able. It has an offset clip...
  5. T

Carrying / Transporting Road Trip

So, I have always transported my guns in the trunk of my car in a case locked. I know there are certain states I can have a loaded gun in the car as long as it is in plain view "open carry". My question is, I am throwing a bachelor party weekend for my best friend up in MN, we one day are going...
  6. T

Help! looking at another carry gun!

Hello, I have been searching for months for my next gun, everytime I think I have made my decision something else comes along to ruin it :banghead: I have been looking at a glock 19 for a while, and pretty much had my mind made up, but I would be going with the gen4 because it fits my hand much...
  7. T

North Carolina Purchase Permit Questions

So, I am filling out my application for the pistol purchase permit for the first time, and I have a couple of questions about 2 questions on the application. _____A. Have you ever been arrested? If “yes” list offense(s)...
  8. T

Somedays all the PC nonsense just fires me up

Dont think this is a repost but who really knows with all this crap going on nowadays! :cuss: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/atheist-group-sues-over-proposed-cross-9-11-180949616.html I remember when living in san diego a few years ago, that a similar group was trying to get the SC to...
  9. T

Whats the average age of Open Carriers?

So I have googled it and searched on here as well to see what the average ages are of people currently legally OCing. I dont want to step on toes as I know some are leery about giving out personal info on the internet, so you can post your age or say 21-30, 30-40, 40-50 and so on. I will start...
  10. T

Dumb people in our neighborhood

Please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if needed. Tonight around 11:30 I get back from taking my dog out for his business and am getting ready to hit the bed. I walked over to my blinds to close shop, when as I am pulling them I see some kid "13-17" walking towards my front...
  11. T

Gun Owners and drinking "through the eyes of UC Davis"

I wont even start my rant, but what a complete piece of trash article and poll to come out of the Peoples Republic of California. :mad::cuss::banghead::cuss: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/06/15/uc-davis-study-gun-ownership-linked-to-heavy-drinking/
  12. T

Recent transplant to North Carolina, Charlotte

So i have been lurking for a while, came over from 1911 forums, and have tried to get as much info about OC in Charlotte/Mecklenberg county and I understand there is the whole going out to the terror of the public and yadda yadda. I will be getting my CCW when I have gotten my NC drivers license...