• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. derhammer

9mm vs. .40 S&W in FMJ

So, for SHTF (whatever form that may or may not take), I like the idea of stockpiling FMJs - they are cheap, feed reliably, and in a SHTF scenario, you're probably not going to be too worried about over-penetration - indeed, you'll probably want more. So, in FMJ, what do you all think of 9mm...
  2. derhammer

Who will win in November?

Personally, I don't have much faith left in the two-party dictatorship that is the American political system, but the elections should make for some decent entertainment this year as I think it's going to be pretty close. So that brings me to the topic of this thread: Who do you think is going...
  3. derhammer

Long gun question

In my state, I can carry a long gun in a vehicle unloaded at my age, but not a pistol. Therefore, I claim exemption to the no long gun discussion rule for this thread (since I obviously can't walk everywhere). If the mods disagree, feel free to delete it. Before I even start, I really don't...
  4. derhammer

Gun shop crap

Just got back from the Pickerel Inn gun shop... basically, my ma and I were first called liars, then my ma was railed on for being inexperienced with firearms (as if everyone wasn't once), then when I was comparing .223 vs. 7.62x39 ammo weight (I didn't even want to mention the guns themselves...
  5. derhammer

Obama gives himself control of all communications

Apologies, since this isn't an Open Carry news item, but it is pretty important: http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-president-order-communications-770/ So basically, this criminal dictator has given himself control of all national communications. Time to stock up on short-wave transmitters. -derhammer
  6. derhammer

Produce ID for the police?

This being OCDO, I can imagine what the general sentiment is going to be, but let's see if we get some dissenting opinions (if you do vote yes, please post and say why! Maybe we'll get a good debate going). If the police stop you for carrying and want to see ID, should you go ahead and give it...
  7. derhammer

Moving to NJ with certain weapons?

Let's say you buy a gun in one state, that's perfectly legal there, then you move to New Jersey, and that gun would be otherwise illegal there (like you couldn't buy it). If you own this gun, are you banned from moving to New Jersey? If you keep it put away, unloaded, in your house, and never...
  8. derhammer

Vehicle laws

Alright, I was sure I had seen before where it was legal to openly carry an unloaded long gun in a vehicle without an LTCF - an LTCF only being necessary to carry a pistol (other than to the range or repair shop) or a loaded long gun. Point being, that someone without an LTCF could take his...
  9. derhammer

Disturbing the peace?

So you're OCing your gun, and the police tell you you have to put it away because it's causing a disturbance of the peace. Can they do it? As I'm under 21 I couldn't conceal any firearm, so can they tell you you have to stop carrying just because people are little wusses, or what? Basically...
  10. derhammer

Portland Open Carry Stop

Check this one out; I love the way this guy handles the stop. Not rude or whiny, yet commanding - he takes charge of the situation from the beginning and doesn't give the harassing officer one inch. Then the supervisor arrives and releases the law-abiding citizen to go on about his lawful...
  11. derhammer

Open Carry Age

Okay, this thread is going here just to be fair to the possibility, even though I'm pretty much 100% sure I know the PA age laws. Basically, a lady working at a gun shop I was at yesterday told me it was absolutely not allowed to OC a pistol at 18 in PA unless you were with law enforcement or...
  12. derhammer

Receiving ammunition?

As I've stated before, I am 18 at the moment. My mother knows I want a handgun, and intends to get me one as a gift, which is, of course, legal under ATF rules. The problem arises from the ammo: I read somewhere that it is illegal to sell or transfer handgun ammo to anyone under 21. Does...
  13. derhammer

G.I. Stealth Holster

For CC (not that I'm old enough of course but when I am, and as info for others) - what do you think: http://www.ghostinc.com/category/gi_stealth/ It clips on your Picatinny rail and it basically is just a clip on the side of your gun, which you slide over your pants' waistband. Safe; unsafe...
  14. derhammer

Sheriff transfers

Alright, so, under PA law, an 18-year-old can purchase a handgun from a private seller if he/she can find a sheriff who'll do the transfer. Now, the two problems I've seen seem to be this: 1. The sheriff is an idiot and doesn't know the law of the state he's in, and thinks only 21-year-olds...
  15. derhammer

Petition to Obama admin

Sign this petition of mine to the Obama admin, to order the state of New Jersey to repeal its illegal and unconstitutional gun laws: http://wh.gov/v5z -derhammer
  16. derhammer

Petition to White House to rescind New Jersey gun laws

Sign my petition to the Obama admin to order the immediate repeal of the illegal and unconstitutional gun laws in New Jersey: http://wh.gov/v5z -derhammer
  17. derhammer

Showing ID for age, and videotaping

Two questions in one thread (to save space): Question one: The police must have RAS to detain you and demand ID. If they want to verify that you are old enough to carry a firearm, is that RAS in the state of PA? Question two: What is the PA law on videotaping public officials? Is it...
  18. derhammer

Carrying someone else's gun

(copied from open carry questions forum) Hi again! My ma wanted me to ask this, cause she wants to make sure my proposal is legal, lol... Long story short is, I'd like to be able to defend us with a firearm when we are out, but I am only 18, and thus, cannot take a gun in a car (except from...
  19. derhammer

Carrying someone else's gun

Hi again! My ma wanted me to ask this, cause she wants to make sure my proposal is legal, lol... Long story short is, I'd like to be able to defend us with a firearm when we are out, but I am only 18, and thus, cannot take a gun in a car (except from store to house and house to shop etc. of...
  20. derhammer

Pennsylvania age laws

Hello, On this site, I've seen that, in PA, you need only be 18 in order to open carry. I know that you need a license to CC or buy a handgun in PA, but is it true that you do not need one to OC? I am 18 myself, so does that mean that if someone, say, my parents, bought a handgun, and gave it...