• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomin' Bus Coming to Virginia

mpguy

Hope they come to Hampton Roads. :D. I'd take a day off to raise some cane.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

scouser

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/06/robert-farago/breaking-maig-no-more-names-va-tour-date-revealed/?fb_source=pubv1

Earlier today, a reader received a phone call from the Mayors Against Illegal Guns. A MAIG man invited him to their ”No More Names” bus tour hoe-down throw down. As we reported last Friday, Mayor Bloomberg’s band of anti-ballistic brothers decided to keep the exact time and location of their rallies secret—lest The People of the Gun show up to ruin their media circus. I called the number. I spoke to a young man who implored me to tell as many people as possible about this Friday’s rally in Blacksburg, Virginia at 200 Clay Street SE from 9:30am onwards

TFred

So what is there now? A vacant, undeveloped piece of land?
Indeed, the closer I look at the maps, the more it appears to be just that. I wonder if the Boomies realize it's not a school any more? The Google map still has the label. :)

From the second link I posted, I found statements that the land (where the school was, unsure about the address of the rally) is still owned by the county. It would APPEAR that OC or CC would be legal, at least in the general area.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Indeed, the closer I look at the maps, the more it appears to be just that. I wonder if the Boomies realize it's not a school any more? The Google map still has the label. :)

From the second link I posted, I found statements that the land (where the school was, unsure about the address of the rally) is still owned by the county. It would APPEAR that OC or CC would be legal, at least in the general area.

TFred

Address of the rally is stated as Blacksburg, Virginia at 200 Clay Street SE from 9:30am
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...b_source=pubv1

No school within 1000'? Just looking for the fish hook. Of course even if within that distance from a school, those with CHPs are covered.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Bing maps Birds-eye view shows the old school still standing. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Bloomies think they're holding a rally in a "gun free" zone, only to find out they're not, and dozens of OC'ers show up!
There is a good example of "home field advantage." :D

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A couple close to 1000, but I don't believe inside. Zoom in from here (click the "+", so you don't move map center), see the closest: http://binged.it/16BVYQW

TFred

Believe you are right.

Might be a little tricky for someone not familiar with the area to avoid the GFSZs though. Sure would hate for any of Bloomie's private security to break any laws while in Virginia.

Riana

Sure would hate for any of Bloomie's private security to break any laws while in Virginia.
It'd be a damn shame, it would. :cool:
Unfortunately, I have some other commitments up this direction, so I can't get down to Blacksburg. But if I see the bus drive by, I'll be sure to wave (and yes, I promise to wave all my fingers, not just one :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

VApatriot

That's exactly what is there right now.

The town council has been going back and forth for a while on what to do with the property, as far as redevelopment goes. However, the site is still own by Montgomery County.

This is a bit of the latest information from the the Town of Blacksburg website:
The property is owned by Montgomery County. The property is currently zoned R-4 (Low Density Residential, four dwelling units per acre) and implementation of the master plan will require the consideration of a rezoning petition, through a public hearing process, by the Blacksburg Planning Commission and Town Council.
http://www.blacksburg.gov/index.aspx?page=1458

By no means am I a lawyer or a property law expert, but I wouldn't think that the property counts as a school zone any longer, as there physically is no school.