• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomin' Bus Coming to Virginia

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

TFred

I don't think that anybody intends to "mingle" with them TFred.

Besides it is sooo much fun watching them stamping their feet and holding their breath - seen a few turn blue :lol:
:) Watch the camera angles... with a long lens they can put you right in the crowd with the rest of them! Of course, if everyone is wearing those blaze orange GSL stickers on all 4 sides...

:)

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
:) Watch the camera angles... with a long lens they can put you right in the crowd with the rest of them! Of course, if everyone is wearing those blaze orange GSL stickers on all 4 sides...

:)

TFred

:cool:....:cool:....:cool:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Bloomers ain't going to be there. It will be a bunch of retired ladies crying about the big-bad-bullies and their guns.

BTW the title and first post in this thread should be modified now that we know where it is.

R027

Some of the loudest shouts came when a reader spoke the name of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects who was killed by police during a gunfight.

:lol: and
Facepalm.gif
at the same time

va_tazdad

But, But, But

:lol: and
Facepalm.gif
at the same time

I thought the police oisoning" was secondary as cause of death to his brother running over him in the stolen SUV?

He died a true coward's death at the hands of his brother and fellow muslim. No 72 virgins for him.

Not surprised Bloomer's mentally deficient Liberats would consider him a victim of gun violence.

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

What did the guy do to justify getting kneed and tasered? He didn't appear to be fighting with the officers, although the video certainly doesn't show everything.

TFred

The most likely answer? Stood up for his Rights and didn't capitulate to unlawful orders. Then one cop lays a hand on him and he 'resists' so they pounce him. We've all seen enough videos of things escalating just as I stated that it's not far fetched at all.

Edit: All the more reason we need to have multiple videos going, and everyone should have an audio recorder running at this event.

Last edited:

ron73440

The most likely answer? Stood up for his Rights and didn't capitulate to unlawful orders. Then one cop lays a hand on him and he 'resists' so they pounce him. We've all seen enough videos of things escalating just as I stated that it's not far fetched at all.

Edit: All the more reason we need to have multiple videos going, and everyone should have an audio recorder running at this event.

As long as they were telling him to "stop resisting" it's all good, right?

Last edited:

VApatriot

I think that the most important things to take away from the NH situation are 1) Have plenty of audio/video recording at all times (hopefully someone has a good video of them morning the death a terrorist) and 2) Don't do anything that would make our side look like antagonist in any way.

I think that the guy made some very serious mistakes in trying to shout down antis who had a microphone. I seems that the much better strategy is to be seen and not necessarily heard (unless the media asks for an interview). I think that we should show up in force with signs and plenty of GSL stickers, so that our beliefs are clear, but being disruptive will get us absolutely nowhere. The media is currently focusing on the pro-gunner who got arrested, instead of the fact Bloomberg's nut-jobs are saddened by the departure from this would of murders and terrorists.

Media scrutiny will likely be pretty intense in Blacksburg, and we need to act in a manner that makes in clear that we are the rational ones in the debate. No shouting and, of course, no physical altercations. Leave all of that to the crazy people on the other side. I'm not too worried about my fellow, pro-gun Virginians, though. My many past experiences at similar "counter protests" leaves me optimistic that we will be nothing short a professional and overly courteous cohort.

Hopefully we have a large turnout for our side on Friday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Location confirmed in Va-Alert today by PVC:

The location is in a small park that is right next to the Blacksburg Police Department (corner of Clay St and Draper Road). It is a small park, so things should be very cozy! ;-)

Carry is legal there.

I suggest that those who can do so, try to get there by around 8:45 AM. There will be a press conference at 9 AM and the reading of names of murder victims will start at 9:30 AM and will continue possibly for many hours. (The Bloomberg press release claims it will run until 9 PM. but I doubt that will be the case.) If you can't get there early, that's fine, drop by when you can. I will put out a VA-ALERT when we are through, so you might check for that alert if you are coming later in the afternoon.

I think we will have plenty of signs at the event.

Bloomberg's group got in hot water up north when they included the name of one of the recent Boston terrorist bombers on the list of "gun victims" (he was shot by the police). I think that says all you have to know about Bloomberg and his followers right there.

Here is a blurb about the event:

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130620-907448.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

VApatriot

How is our counter-protest shaping up?

I think that it went really well. I would say that there was about 30-40 people on each side. Not at all bad considering that we had less than a week's notice, and they've probably been planning for a couple of months. We had some great signs that were much larger than the anti-signs, and we got a couple of them to stay in the background of their group the whole time. They were still reading names when I left, but, up to that point, there had been no shouting, confrontation, or tasering. The Blacksburg police were very professional the whole time.

va_tazdad

Many Thanks

I think that it went really well. I would say that there was about 30-40 people on each side. Not at all bad considering that we had less than a week's notice, and they've probably been planning for a couple of months. We had some great signs that were much larger than the anti-signs, and we got a couple of them to stay in the background of their group the whole time. They were still reading names when I left, but, up to that point, there had been no shouting, confrontation, or tasering. The Blacksburg police were very professional the whole time.

To those of you that were able to attend and represent truth, justice and the American way.

Sadly, these people were duped into believing Fascist lies from Bloomberg and the other non supporters of the Constitution that organized their little bus trip.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hoping that someone may have pictures and links to media reports on this.

I seriously wanted to be there, but needed to do some background work on a pending issue in Henrico - maybe if I cloned myself.......

Thanks to all that attended and let the world know where Virginian's stand
icon14.png