• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's see how gun control is working for us

Haz.

Hi Rusty Young man.

I agree with you totally. Too many innocent people are either dead, seriously injured, or crippled because they were unarmed in the first place or took it softly, softly. Its kill or be killed in my home and on the street, if required. I will and would prefer to stand before 12 jurors, than have six relatives carry me or any member of my family to their graves!

DW98

Another tragic case of family violence in Melbourne. The girls were apparently aged 3 and 4.

Tears flow as death of sisters leaves a Watsonia street torn apart

IT was an Easter Sunday tragedy that brought even calloused police officers to tears.

The normally quiet neighbourhood of Longmuir Rd, Watsonia became the setting for wailing police sirens, grief and utter bewilderment yesterday afternoon after two young lives ended in chilling circumstances.

The identity of the man arrested by police and his connection to the young victims was not known when the Herald Sun went to print.

But after a string of family violence tragedies involving our youngest and most vulnerable Victorians the thoughts of those in the street turned to that most dreadful possibility.

“It sounds like it’s another family violence case,” one neighbour, who did not want to be named, said.

“There’s been too much of that going on lately. It’s just horrendous.”

That the sisters may have died in front of family members at an Easter Sunday gathering added an element of anger to the mourning.

Residents of the leafy street where the two girls were killed struggled to come to grips with the fact such a disaster could have occurred in their haven.

“It’s a beautiful neighbourhood. This is completely out of character,” stunned resident Linda Bassiere said through tears.

Even the hardened emergency services professionals working at the scene could not keep emotion at bay.

“It’s naturally also impacted friends, neighbours and the members of the fire brigade, emergency services and Victoria Police who attended the scene,” Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Andrew Crisp said.

“I’ve heard here today a number of our police members have been in tears.

“It’s a holiday weekend and time for family to get together.

“Our thoughts should be with family and friends.”

Last edited:

Haz.

Another sad, terrible case.

"“It’s naturally also impacted friends, neighbours and the members of the fire brigade, emergency services and Victoria Police who attended the scene,” Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Andrew Crisp said.

“I’ve heard here today a number of our police members have been in tears."

When we were disarmed we were promised police would protect and defend us when needed, not cry over the end result of them not doing so? I know I sound hard or harsh, but living in a society like ours where you cannot even feel safe in your own back yard makes me feel like I'm in a war zone, on the front line!

Last edited:

Haz.

Ten Deaths in Australia over three day Easter Weeknd.

"Ten die over Easter on Aussie roads.

This story was published: 1 hour ago April 21, 2014 6:48AM

A man has died after a car ran over him while he was lying on a Melbourne road. Source: AAP

AUSTRALIA'S Easter road toll has climbed to 10 following two deaths in Queensland and one in Victoria on Sunday."

I thank God the little Garden Gnome is no longer our Prime Minister. He would be calling for a car ban / buy back by now.

Cars, just like guns don't kill people, people do!

HPmatt

Is there change in the polical will that enough is enough and there are too many innocents murdered? Time LACs to be armed and put an end to their slaughter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DW98

Is there change in the polical will that enough is enough and there are too many innocents murdered? Time LACs to be armed and put an end to their slaughter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There's a vocal minority, but we don't have a whole lot of say in anything.

me812

Queensland is the worst, it usually takes months to get a license there.

That's very surprising since, as I understand it, Queensland had some of the most permissive laws in Australia prior to the Port Arthur massacre, and resistance in Queensland was a major impediment to the big gun grab that got enacted then.

DW98

That's very surprising since, as I understand it, Queensland had some of the most permissive laws in Australia prior to the Port Arthur massacre, and resistance in Queensland was a major impediment to the big gun grab that got enacted then.

A lot has changed since then, particularly the attitudes towards firearms.

Queensland isn't in a good situation at the moment. Crime, especially involving firearms, has been rising for quite some time; something that the police even admit, which is surprising since it's turned into an over-regulated "police state", where motorcyclists are harassed just because they ride bikes and may belong to a club (not outlaw). The actual criminal bikers, Hells Angels, Mongols etc. are heavily involved in drug and firearms trafficking, as well as extensive extortion rackets targeting innocent people.

The police there recently made a bid to take their firearms home, something that isn't allowed for most frontline officers in Australia (they are kept at the station), because of increasing danger. They also want to have access to AR-15 type rifles in their patrol cars, as well as at home. I think if they should be allowed to have firearms for self-defence at home, so should the average citizen. That won't happen though.

Take a look at how many officers show up. This was all because he was riding a motorcycle and wearing a jacket.

[video=youtube;8TMOiMopMCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMOiMopMCU[/video]

More examples.

Basically, any police officer in Australia can stop and search a vehicle for any reason they want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umPzSjF_3wE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Y6EDA9oxY

Last edited:

Haz.

Did having a firearm save his life?

It will be interesting to see what this was about, and how this pans out in court.

Small skinny 86 year old man confronted by very large 66 year old man. I'm wondering, did the firearm even the odds?, even save the small skinny old man's life?

"Lakemba shooting: police arrest 85-year-old man

By Saffron Howden
April 25, 2014, 7:11 a.m.By Saffron Howden

The residents of a quiet suburban street in south-western Sydney were shocked to see their diminutive, 85-year-old neighbour arrested by police after a man was shot on Thursday night.

Crime scene officers were scouring the pavement and driveway leading to a small block of flats in Quigg Street, Lakemba in the late evening after a 66-year-old man was rushed to hospital after being shot in the neck in an apparent dispute with his neighbour.

Police and paramedics were called at around 6:45pm to the apartments after reports of a shot being fired.

Police said the man who had been shot was recovering in Royal Prince Alfred Hospital on Friday morning with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.

The 85-year-old man was also taken to the same hospital with a suspected fractured skull. He was in a serious condition on Friday morning, and remained under police guard.

"At this early stage of the investigation it is believed the older man shot the younger man during a meeting in the common area of the building," police said in a statement.

"It is further believed the older man was injured when falling down stairs during the incident."
One local resident, who lives opposite, said she saw a very large man holding a bandage to his neck being taken away on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance.

But she was amazed when officers arrested the street's well-known octogenarian.

"He's a skinny, little man," the woman, who did not want to be named, said.

"He's a really short man."

She said she often said hello to him.

"He's a really nice man. He's quiet. All the neighbours know him."

Haz.

Defenseless woman raped by 5 men!

Our evil State and federal Governments rape these poor women by making it un-lawfull to arm themselves against the vermin that stalk our streets, preying upon the weak and vulnerable.

"Woman assaulted by five men in Lismore

This story was published: 1 hour ago April 25, 2014 2:19PM

A 30-YEAR-OLD woman has been sexually assaulted at an oval by a group of five men on the NSW north coast.

The woman had left a hotel on Woodlark Street in Lismore in the early hours of Friday and was heading home when she passed Gloria Mortimer Oval near Dawson Street to be confronted by the men.

Police say the woman was detained against her will and was sexually assaulted by the group near the the amenities block at the oval.

She managed to return home to inform relatives about the incident before being taken to Lismore Base Hospital, where she continues to receive medical treatment.

A crime scene has been established and examined by forensic officers.

Detectives are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

They are looking for five males who have only been described as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/woman-assaulted-by-five-men-in-lismore/story-e6frfku9-1226896012495"

DW98

It will be interesting to see what this was about, and how this pans out in court.

Small skinny 86 year old man confronted by very large 66 year old man. I'm wondering, did the firearm even the odds?, even save the small skinny old man's life?

Not sure what this one was about. If it was self-defence, I hope it works out for him.

I heard something about a shooting during a home invasion about a week ago. Gun control doing wonders again....

DW98

Our evil State and federal Governments rape these poor women by making it un-lawfull to arm themselves against the vermin that stalk our streets, preying upon the weak and vulnerable.

Didn't hear about this. That's disgusting. Filthy scumbags....

From yesterday.

Girl, 6, gang raped on Mornington Island, North Queensland

POLICE are investigating the gang rape of a six-year-old girl on troubled Mornington Island.

Four boys aged 14 to 16 were arrested and quietly flown from the island to Mt Isa for questioning by detectives after the assault last week.

Far North Regional Crime Co-ordinator Bruno Asnicar said police were still investigating the matter but no charges had yet been laid.Detectives acted quickly “for fear of retribution”, a spokesman for Police Minister Jack Dempsey said last night.

The Courier-Mail understands police removed the four suspects from the island — with the consent of their families — out of concerns the incident could have inflamed tribal tensions and provoke a riot.

The four boys are in the care of the Department of Child Safety in Mt Isa.The girl was taken to Townsville hospital and last night was in a stable condition, a senior government source confirmed.

“There are sensitivities about it because it is in an Aboriginal community,’’ he said.The Courier-Mail was told most on the island were unaware of the attack.

Mornington Island Mayor Bradley Wilson said the community was upset.

He declined to comment further.Premier Campbell Newman has been briefed on the attack.Mornington Island is the largest of the North Wellesley Islands group.

The population of 1200 is made of the Lardil people, the traditional owners and Yungkal and Kaiadilt tribespeople.

Police have complained of dysfunctional family groups with drinking problems and high rates of physical abuse.

The island has a history of violent attack and riots.

Police regularly battle sly-grogging and home brew operations.

The problems of abuse in the communities were highlighted in the recent Carmody Inquiry into Child Protection.

Haz.

I don't know why I bother sometimes. I'm being called, crazy, delusional, paranoid, on a hunting and firearms forum down under, because I posted that I'm sick and tired of reading about innocent women, children, the elderly being raped, robbed, bashed, and the fact that our government has made it illegal to purchase a firearm purely for self defence.

One clown on the forum stated that the woman was probably drunk leaving the pub at midnight, so what does she expect? Nothing in the news report says she was drunk? And if she was, does that make it ok for five scum bags to savagely rape her? With that kind of mentality, we may never get anywhere.

Another stated, look at all the drunken hoons roaming the streets at midnight, bashing people, who needs them to have firearms?

I said, its because the population has been disarmed, that they can, and they know they can do this, and get away with it! I am then told I am nuts!

DW98

Don't let it discourage you, Haz. I've met plenty of people here who believe we should have the right to defend ourselves.

Can you PM me the link to the forum? Thanks.

Haz.

Don't let it discourage you, Haz. I've met plenty of people here who believe we should have the right to defend ourselves.

Can you PM me the link to the forum? Thanks.

Done mate.

This is an example of what we are up against, I wont post the nasties!

"
Re: We should be legally able to arm ourselves in self defence!

« Reply #112 on: Today at 09:28:26 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify

Quote from: (L******) on Yesterday at 06:13:07 PM

You seem like a very nice, passionate gentleman, Haz. I mean that sincerely. But making these threads is doing nothing but making you seem crazy. Make this your avatar and we'll call it even. (He posted a picture of a broken record and said I should make it my avatar).

My response;

Hay (L*******), You also seem like a very nice, passionate and maybe (anti-firearms), unless its your chosen sport, type gentleman and I mean that sincerely. I like my avatar just as it is thanks. There are many people in this world who hate hunters, who hate duck shooters, who hate pig doggers, bow hunters, target shooters and fishermen. There are also people who believe that law abiding firearms owners, who regularly carry/transport, their firearms too and from their destination, I have done so since high school, and many have done so for many years, now can not be trusted to purchase a firearms purely for self defence, because they might what? actually defend themselves if and when required to! I have no problem with any of the above, and have owned firearms most of my life, so why should I now be considered crazy because I believe it is wrong to outlaw personal armed self defence. I obey the laws of our society and all ways will but there is no law that I know of which states I cannot disagree with certain laws in force today, (which I obey to the letter) but I feel are repressive and enable criminals at the same time, who are armed, crazy, and dangerous and will use their arms to get what they want!

I am a long time member of the SSAA, the S&F Party, belong to a gun club, hunt and fish on family private property, why should I be considered crazy because our government passes legislation forbidding people to arm themselves purely for self defence?

Do you have seat belts in your car? Do you put your seat belt on as soon as you begin driving, or do you put it on just before the drunk coming toward you hits you and your family head on? I've been driving for 50 years, never had an accident, yet I put my seat belt on every time I drive and have done so since they were made mandatory. Why, because I might just need it one day, who knows.

Because its a law does not make it right or sensible. I drive down many country roads posted 80 / 100 klms per hour which should be no more than 30 or 40klms per hour, and some 4 lane highways posted 80 can be driven safely at 130/140?"

Last edited:

Haz.

Check this out!

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/personalSafety/adults/Dealing+with+confrontation.htm

Dealing with confrontation
There is no single ‘right way’ to respond to a confrontation or attack. Every situation is different. Your most effective weapons are your personal judgment and your commitment to preserving your safety.

The response you choose should aim to best preserve your safety. This decision should be based on three factors:

Your personal strengths - Which of the response options are you able to execute?
The perceived motivations for the attack/confrontation - Is the offender attempting to steal property from you or assault you? If the offender is attempting to rob you, you need to question whether it is worth placing your personal safety at risk for the sake of property that can be replaced.
Environmental factors – Are there people around who could provide assistance? Where could you run to for safety? What could you use to defend yourself if necessary?
Response options may include:

escaping, e.g. by running away
negotiating with the offender
doing whatever the offender tells you to, as you wait for, or create, an opportunity to escape
calling upon passers-by to assist
screaming
handing over property
distracting the offender
calling police (triple zero, 000)
physical self defence.
Remember, if the first strategy doesn’t work, try something else. Keep taking action until the threat is removed. Report the incident to police as soon as you can.

You can help prepare yourself to deal with an incident prior to its occurrence by imagining possible safety threats and visualising how you would respond.

Self defence and the law
In Queensland, you have the right to physically defend yourself with reasonable force, provided the force is authorised, justified or excused by law.

The law does not allow you to carry anything that can be described as an offensive weapon. E.g. mace or spray dyes, or items that have been specially adapted, such as a sharpened comb, or knife carried for the purpose of self defence.

Self defence courses Self Defence Classes
It is not necessary to attend self defence classes or undertake martial arts training to be able to effectively defend yourself. Each person has a survival instinct that acts to preserve their safety if threatened. A crucial factor as to whether a person can successfully defend themselves is their commitment to their safety.

Even so, self defence courses remain an effective method of building confidence and commitment to safety. When deciding on self defence classes, consider these guidelines:

Ensure the instructor delivers empowering messages rather than being fear inducing
Check the qualifications of the instructor and obtain a referral, if possible
Decide what you want to achieve from the classes. There is a difference between martial arts and basic self defence.
Last updated 25/10/2011

Our response;

"What could you use to defend yourself if necessary?

escaping, e.g. by running away,

Old and infirmed can't run

negotiating with the offender,

The criminal was choking me, I couldn't speak.

Doing whatever the offender tells you to, as you wait for, or create, an opportunity to escape calling upon passers-by to assist,

I can't the criminal has me on the ground and kicking the **** out of me.

Screaming,

I can't the criminals are still choking me there are two of them.

Handing over property,

No need to the criminal is taking it anyway.

Distracting the offender,

The criminal is still ckoking me.

Calling police (triple zero, 000),

The criminal has stolen my phone and is still choking me, I can't speak

Physical self defence.

I can't they took my walking stick.

Remember, if the first strategy doesn’t work, try something else. Keep taking action until the threat is removed.

The criminals have broken my arm in the struggle.

Report the incident to police as soon as you can.

Too late, I bleeding out because of a wound that will not stop bleeding, I take blood thinning meds.

IF ONLY I HAD A GUN!

HPmatt

Check this out!

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/personalSafety/adults/Dealing+with+confrontation.htm

Dealing with confrontation
There is no single ‘right way’ to respond to a confrontation or attack. Every situation is different. Your most effective weapons are your personal judgment and your commitment to preserving your safety.

The response you choose should aim to best preserve your safety. This decision should be based on three factors:

Your personal strengths - Which of the response options are you able to execute?
The perceived motivations for the attack/confrontation - Is the offender attempting to steal property from you or assault you? If the offender is attempting to rob you, you need to question whether it is worth placing your personal safety at risk for the sake of property that can be replaced.
Environmental factors – Are there people around who could provide assistance? Where could you run to for safety? What could you use to defend yourself if necessary?

escaping, e.g. by running away
negotiating with the offender
doing whatever the offender tells you to, as you wait for, or create, an opportunity to escape
calling upon passers-by to assist
screaming
handing over property
distracting the offender
calling police (triple zero, 000)
physical self defence.
Remember, if the first strategy doesn’t work, try something else. Keep taking action until the threat is removed. Report the incident to police as soon as you can.

Our response;

IF ONLY I HAD A GUN!

Man - if that is the way the bulk of your countrymen feel/agree with, that is pathetic.
What is going on - authorities don't want to scare the criminals too much? Don't want them to get hurt too much?
Can't even use a sharp comb? Guess hat pins can be used as weapons too?

Do the politicians and wealthy have armed bodyguards?
In NY Bloomberg is trying to disarm the general US public, but he sure as hell has lots of armed bodyguards around him.
The bulk of the US is telling him to stick 'negotiating tactics to ward off a rapin' or brain bashin' - stick it in their ear.

Have added Australia to the prayer list of having a country come to its senses before who knows how many innocents are raped, killed, victimized, etc.

Haz.

Man - if that is the way the bulk of your countrymen feel/agree with, that is pathetic.
What is going on - authorities don't want to scare the criminals too much? Don't want them to get hurt too much?
Can't even use a sharp comb? Guess hat pins can be used as weapons too?

Do the politicians and wealthy have armed bodyguards?
In NY Bloomberg is trying to disarm the general US public, but he sure as hell has lots of armed bodyguards around him.
The bulk of the US is telling him to stick 'negotiating tactics to ward off a rapin' or brain bashin' - stick it in their ear.

Have added Australia to the prayer list of having a country come to its senses before who knows how many innocents are raped, killed, victimized, etc.

Thanks for your reply, prayers and interest in this thread HPmatt.

"Do the politicians and wealthy have armed bodyguards?"

YES! The garden gnome, (John Howard), after he announced the $500,000,000 steal back wore a bullet proof vest when ever talking to farmers and citizens explaining his reason for disarming all Australians.

He ran around Sydney every morning for months on his look at me run, followed by 6 or 8 armed federal police guards! I recently visited parliament houses both federal and state and was passed through an x ray machine, then I was frisked by security guards and had all metal objects on me personally checked by them.

Where ever they, politicians go they have armed guard's following them.

Last edited:

DW98

Sorry that happened, Haz. I've been there multiple times. It's not a good experience.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I don't know why I bother sometimes. I'm being called, crazy, delusional, paranoid, on a hunting and firearms forum down under, because I posted that I'm sick and tired of reading about innocent women, children, the elderly being raped, robbed, bashed, and the fact that our government has made it illegal to purchase a firearm purely for self defence.

One clown on the forum stated that the woman was probably drunk leaving the pub at midnight, so what does she expect? Nothing in the news report says she was drunk? And if she was, does that make it ok for five scum bags to savagely rape her? With that kind of mentality, we may never get anywhere.

Another stated, look at all the drunken hoons roaming the streets at midnight, bashing people, who needs them to have firearms?

I said, its because the population has been disarmed, that they can, and they know they can do this, and get away with it! I am then told I am nuts!

If it helps, you're in good company.

Sir Winston Churchill was called a number of things, and look at how history proved him right time and time again (Europe disarming, Hitler's ambitions, etc.).
"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you can see.” - Sir Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of Great Britain.

There's also Patrick Henry (figure of the American revolution)

"Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it." - Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 ("Give me Liberty or give me Death" speech).

He refers to this passage:
"21 Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not" - Jeremiah 5:21

In that context, the people you're referring to are choosing NOT to see. In any case, this phenomenon is nothing new, and I'm afraid will repeat itself many more times after everyone on this Earth is pushing up daisies for the next generation.

Keep the faith (punny :)), and best of luck.

Last edited: