• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Picnic in Hillsboro Oregon Saturday, August 9th

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

If people bring spouses and kids I would plan for at least 30 people. This is new territory for me so I don't really have any yardstick to estimate what attendance will be. If we need to pick up some more vittles or anything else, there is an Albertson's just a couple of blocks away.

Los

imported post

Another new guy here...:celebrate I'm interested in joining you guys for the open carry picnic. I live just down the street from the park.:cool: I'll know for sure by next weekend if I will be in town on 8/9.

GlockPDX

imported post

New guy here as well. Sucks, I will be down in San Jose for a wedding that weekend. Hopefully will make it to the next meet.

Daryl

imported post

Another new guy here (that's getting a little redundant). I just happen to be home on leave, and would also like to join the party. I can't come empty-handed, so what should I bring?

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Welcome home! Any kind of side dish or chips and dip although I get the feeling there will be no shortage of food. Will look forward to meeting you.

Steve

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

We still need someone to bring maybe a fruit salad or brownies or something for desert. Anybody willing to pony up?

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

attendance so far:
Cougfan2 (organizer)
SativaSicWood (propane BBQ)
Dr. DRE
ccw9mm bottled sodas & water
Puddin 99 plates/plasticware/cups
Los
Daryl side dish and chips
Greenspan brownies

Left to bring:
side dish
chips
fruit salad

Left to bring:
fruit salad

Is this correct? I'll be bringing wife and three kids - unless someone else is, that puts the count at about 12.

Ken

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Thanks everyone for chipping in! I think we are now well covered for food. I will be looking forward to meeting all of you. I will be at the shelter at Reedville Creek Park at 9:30 AM as we have it reserved from 9:30 AMto 2:00 PM.

If any of you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call on my cell phone at 503-544-8180.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

OK for here is what I have for attendees so far for the open carry picnic at Reedville Creek Park on Saturday, August 9:

Puddin99 - 4 people

Greenspan - 1

Daryl - 1

Los - 1

Dr Dre - 1

Setivasicwood - 1

Eric - 1

Cougfan2 - 1

For those who responded just for themselves, please let me know if you will be bring anyone else with you. That being said, I think there will be PLENTY of food!

See you all there!

Dr. DRE

imported post

I am probably not going to make it. As it turns out, the 9th is my birthday and my wife apparently has something else planned.

I'll try to make it to the next one.

Cremator75

imported post

Dr. DRE wrote:
I am probably not going to make it. As it turns out, the 9th is my birthday and my wife apparently has something else planned.

I'll try to make it to the next one.

Ask her if it can wait, as you have some very important business to attend to. Maybe even invite her to come.

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

My first post here-
I'd like to attend, but there are a few questions.

I just purchased my weapon and have no holster.
Unless anybody here has a holster they are willing to sell that would be excellent for an H&K USP .45 Standard Fullsize, I doubt that I'll be bringing the weapon. (...as much as I really would like to.)

Since I'm new to the carry world, I'd like to attend anyways and get some advice and just talk with some of you about laws, regulations, stories, etc...

Cougfan2 wrote:
OK for here is what I have for attendees so far for the open carry picnic at Reedville Creek Park on Saturday, August 9:

Puddin99 - 4 people

Greenspan - 1

Daryl - 1

Los - 1

Dr Dre - 1

Setivasicwood - 1

Eric - 1

Cougfan2 - 1

For those who responded just for themselves, please let me know if you will be bring anyone else with you. That being said, I think there will be PLENTY of food!

See you all there!

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

ccw9mm wrote:
Charles:

Check out Lightning Arms Sports, just north of Washington Square. They've got a number of decent holsters in stock.
Thanks for the link - I'll call them tomorrow.
Just an FYI, they only meet with you by appointment.

About sportsmans warehouse, I'll check that out... It's a shame it's way out in ghetto, crime ridden East Port... Last time I was out there, two 30 year old, fat Latino gang members were walking up my car aggressively, flashing gang signs at me.
Cavemen...
I Guess they didn't like my car... :banghead:

ANYWAYS, I'm definitely in town and down to show up, so count me in. Anything in particular I should know about carrying, I'm assuming I need no permit. loaded?