• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asking for volunteers to be regional team members

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Brian,

One suggested responsibility is to contact local law enforcement and encourage them to issue training advisories on open carry and preemption that must be read by street officers. Similar to Washington State.

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

Brian, I'd volunteer, but I don't know what help I can be. I and my wife are good with computers, web, HTML, php, etc.Word, Excel and the like are her forte. Mine is sticking my neck out.. LOL I am only a recent pistol owner here in Michigan. I have been a Deputy in Nebraska for 8 years, but the laws here in Michigan are similar but in some cases different. I agree that there needs to be uniformity among the counties, cities and villages. One Michigan, united, and not with uncertainty from county to county, city to city. Surely there is someone besides me here in this corner of the world?? How many on this forum are from SW Michigan? How many from the Michigan Gun Owners forum site are here in this neck of the woods?

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

Brian, you can count me in if you want. Visited with Skip and reading his books. We all have a duty to our family and our fellow man to be the watchdogs of those that are not as inclined (sheep). We all need to pull our part, if we believe in "Give me liberty or give me death", it clearly rings true that we ALL have a responsibility to God, to Family, and to our Country and our neighbors. I wore a gun for 8 years as a Deputy in NE to "server and protect", and I'm still the same Vernon deep down inside feels it isright and dutyto protect those I love and those weaker than the criminals wholurk among us. Only if there are enough guard dogs do the sheep stay safe, and police are not nearly enough. I would say that 98% of the time, we never prevented any crime, we were respondents to a crime that had happened, but only in chance would we ever witness a serious crime like rape or murder in our presence. That 2% would be for the LEO that happened, usually by luck, to be at the right time at the right moment.

(John 15:13)
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
NASB

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Thank you all..Darth AkSarBen, p8ntgames, jmlefler. I'll put you all down as TRMs for the SW Region. For now this is still an informal grass-roots group. You guys do whatever you can to get the word out. And will be the go to contacts for people in your region.

I plan on writing a short article on OC and try and get it published in my sportsman's club's newsletter. I will have a draft soon and have more details on encouraging other members of sportsman's clubs to do the same.

Venator

imported post

Come on people we still need help. We are trying to get mailing addresses of all the state candidates, so we can mail a questionnaire before Sept. 15th.

Everett Hale said,
"I am only one, but I am one, I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I should do, with the help of God, I WILL DO!

SO come on and help! Let me know by PM, and I will add your contact info (email, phone, etc.) to the list and mail you the contact info on our other RTMs. Each person can look up 15 or 20 candidates, not hard to do, I looked up my 40 candidates, well.....OK....I still have a couple to do.

Venator

imported post

All RTMs,

We can't put a title under our names, but we can put RTM before the city we are in. See my avatar. This will let members know who to contact in there areas.

WE STILL NEED SOME RTMS FOR the upper-lower area of Mich.

Seif5034

imported post

I don't think i'd help much as an RTM since I don't have a car andI'm going to be moving in approx one year to Mississippi,But I want to be notified of things going on in my region (SW) so I can help out if possible. This Feb i'll be looking into my first handgun as an 18th birthday present to myself and to help the cause.;)

goarep

imported post

Dear Members,

I believe it is worth noting that becoming a Regional Team Member or volunteer right nowis a monumental moment in the OC agenda. Doinga small amount of activist work now will prevent what may take many years to accomplish in the future. We ask for no money, just effort!

You now have a major organization, Gun Owners Of America,behind you!There have already been challenges we have had to face and without your help, facing them in the future will become difficult.

We need people particularly in the next 10 days to make this a reality, togain wide support for our right to OC. We have a fantastic opportunity where everyone on this board has been invited to meet in Lansing as the guests of some state Representatives who will host an event for us.

The event is currently being scheduledfor dates from Sept. 17-21 approximately. THIS IS A MONUMENTAL OCCASION FOR US! Wouldn't it be nice to introduce yourself and your region to these leaders and know you have an open door with them?

GOA is making huge strides with these officials on your behalf but it can't happen WITHOUT YOU!

Seif, you are in a particular important area for us and remember, this is a national endeavor. So what you assist with here will also help you where you are going. Who knows, maybe you can carry this experience with you to help build a stronger group where you are headedbut it all begins with your valuablesupport.

So please, EVERYONE,consider giving the next fewweeks to assisting in this process evenif you can never help again. Lansing will be a huge media event and recognition at the capitol. This is an election year and we do not always have the opportunity and invitation presented to us thatwe currentlyhave.

If you don't protect this right when you can we could suffer a far worse fate of trying to recover it should it become lost. Let's keep the momentum going forward. Please consider helping andJoining us in Lansingas I hope you will join this grassroots effort. Thank youfor your consideration,

[align=center]Paul Garfield[/align]

[align=center]Michigan Representative[/align]

[align=center]Gun Owners Of America
[/align]

goarep

imported post

Dear Doug and SQL,

There is still some work to be done and my point was to inspire the volunteer spirit for MOC. So far it appears we are looking at September 23rd.

I will have more informtion by Tuesday or sooner if possible.

RON G. IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL A.S.A.P. (248) 588-1622. Would like to go over some various info with you.

Also, anyone planning on attending I would appreciate an e mail at goarep@wowway.com . This will assist me in planning and scheduling accomodations.
Code:
Code:

taxwhat

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Brian,

One suggested responsibility is to contact local law enforcement and encourage them to issue training advisories on open carry and preemption that must be read by street officers. Similar to Washington State.
OPEN letter Dear Lonnie Wilson pm you with no reply .What would be wrong with town hall type open meeting [VFW, library , gun shop , range etc] educate not bash or flag wave , sent invite to police , DA ,elected and all others.Now it is open one on one dialogue for Q and A with or with outmedia .Laundry is in the AIR ,no question left unanswered ! No harm no foul . Poweris knowledge !!! Maybe ask for small donation for legal fund [ 501 c 3] ,with minimal guideline [ drunk , crime , rape ect] Fund for use in MICHIGAN only for start keep it local !

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Brian,

It would be nice to meet with local jurisdiction in person, and to visit with them about the open carry and preemption. One will often listen to a someone in person than by merely writing or emails. I agree, we need to educate, as also, knowledge is the subduer of fears.

warlockmatized

imported post

Seif5034 wrote:
Okay, Warlockmatized and DanM have convinced me. I'm in:cool:
Sounds great. When you get a free moment PLEASE send me a pm with some contact details. First name, telelphone number and an email address. I got some simple stuff you could help tackle.