• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asking for volunteers to be regional team members

DanM

imported post

I'm on board for doing what I can, when I can. SE region, Oakland County primarily but will travel if/when I can.

As some of you may know, I have had numerous contacts with Auburn Hills officials to review a particular hunting ban ordinance which infringesgenerally on open carry. Currently it is with the city attorney who isreviewing toprovide guidance to the police department on handling OC'ers.

Due to my research into Pontiac's ordinances, I've found direct infringements on OC. I'vemade initial email contacts, with the standard attachments found here, to Pontiac PD and the Oakland County Prosecutor to discover their guidance to officers on enforceability of those. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The SE is covered fairly well. We have one RTM that will work in the Central North overlapping the NW and NE regions. We have no one for the UP, and I can work in the SW region. Please consider helping out whenever you can. Thanks to those that have stepped forward. Now get to work!

A partial list of RTMs

SE RTM’s

DanM
Generaldet
SpringerXDacp
Warchild
Warlockmatized
Taxwhat

NCentral RTM’s

UpNorth

SW REGION

Venator, Darth AkSarBen, p8ntgames, jmlefler

Tucker6900

imported post

I could help out a bit in the easter portion of SW if you need it. Im in Holt/Lansing area every other week or so.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll help out in the UP, but if you get another I'd be asking you to split it in half, as I am way at the far northwestern tip. Another leader in the Straights or other eastern area would be extremely helpful. Even if it was the Mackinac area that could be split differiently.

I already attend city council meetings on behalf of the Housing Commission. I know our local PD well (all one of them) and have casual conversations with the rest in the county area.

I am extremely active already in other volunteer community areas and stay pretty damned busy, but I will help where I can, and could use some help as well, but I'll give her my best if you want me :)

Jason E. Reese

aka northofnowhere

SQLtables

imported post

Well, I'm not sure about the talks and that, I'm not sure I'm prepared for that sort of thing as far as being up on specific laws and whatnot, but I'll do my best to help organize events and whatever else I can do. I'm pretty busy with school, work, and everything else in the world that I have to do, but I'm sure I can help some.

I'm in Saginaw County, but I spend a lot of time in Midland, Bay, Tuscola, and Genesee counties as well, so put me downas between SE and NE if you want....

WARCHILD

imported post

What no comment on by member comment. Or did you miss it?

No, I didn't miss it. I don't want to acknowledge too much of what you say; You may get a more "Robust" head.:cool:

WARCHILD

imported post

Ok, let me get this straight before I start: I am now an; RTM of the MOC of the SER and my own HNIC? :shock:Did I leave anything out? :cool:I need another shirt to fit all the acronyms on!:p

goarep

imported post

Hello to all MOC members!

Great start, lets see if we can fill all regions with team members as soon as possible.

There is a lot of work we have the opportunity to undertake and getting started as soon as possible, is to our advantage. Thanks again for supporting the right!:lol:

Venator

imported post

goarep wrote:

Great start, lets see if we can fill all regions with team members as soon as possible.

There is a lot of work we have the opportunity to undertake and getting started as soon as possible, is to our advantage. Thanks again for supporting the right!:lol:
Welcome Paul. Hope to hear more from you. Your input is most welcome.

DanM

imported post

goarep wrote:

Hi.

Is this formation of a MOC-RTM structure, in this forum and this thread,being publicized to GOA members as well, on their forums or email distribution lists?

I'm sure some GOA members would appreciate being alerted to the activity here, andI'm curious if that is happening.

nikon1123

imported post

I don't know if you even want me but...

I'm on EMU's forensics (competitive public speaking) team, and I'd be happy to do any writing/speaking that anyone wants done in the SE area. I don't really have time to do much organizing (school's starting next week), but I can whip up speeches/letters/etc. in my spare time, and my weekends are fairly free and flexible.

goarep

imported post

Hello Dan and Thank You,

Yes, we are trying our best to assist in getting more people oriented and organized in their states. This site was originatedby two GOA members. We are currently making decisions as to which methods we will give priority to in alerting our members.

As you know sometimes it takes contacting some individuals many times to get the info out , with so many having busy schedules.

One of the best ways we can do this is word of mouth to your other gun friends, at gun clubs and ranges and of course posting on other gun frienfly sites. Thanks for all your help

www.gunowners.org

goarep

imported post

Nikon,

You are a fine example of what we are looking for. It's exactly what we want, people who have one of any specific strengths they can lend here and there, to help further our right.

Even if you don't have a specialty there is so much a person can do to help that is not an inconvenience. Counting envelops, calling or looking up information, it could be that simple.

The adage there id "strength in numbers" especially makes it's mark here with OC. So in short, Nikon,it would be an honor to us all to utilize your talents in pushing the OC issue in the right direction. Thanks, Paul.:cool:

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

Who all is down here in SW Michigan? Fennville, Allegan, Holland, South Haven, Douglas, Hamilton (hmmm Skip Coryell) Paw Paw, Lawton, Kalamazoo, Benton Harbor, Baroda, etc etc.??? Big area!

Venator

imported post

Darth AkSarBen wrote:
Who all is down here in SW Michigan? Fennville, Allegan, Holland, South Haven, Douglas, Hamilton (hmmm Skip Coryell) Paw Paw, Lawton, Kalamazoo, Benton Harbor, Baroda, etc etc.??? Big area!
No one has volunteered yet.