• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second annual California Open Carry Dinner

Will you be at the Second Annual Open Carry Dinner?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Maybe?

• Total voters

AyatollahGondola

imported post

Sac county parks are outChapter 9.36 PARK REGULATIONS9.36.060 Firearms, Air Guns, and Other Weapons.
No person other than peace officers in the discharge of their duties shall use, maintain, possess, fire, or discharge any firearm, air gun, spring gun, bow and arrow, slingshot, or any other weapon potentially dangerous to wildlife or human safety, except in areas, at times, and under conditions designated by the director for such use. A violation of the provisions of this section is a misdemeanor. (SCC 576 §15, 1983.)

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
sac city does not appear to have any restrictions on it with the exception of "use" as in firing or hunting. I'll research it more tomorrow
Thanks for the lightning fast response time on the county code! I look forward to what you find out about the city.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

i think that a litter removal would be an awesome way to gain exposure in a positive and at the same time doing something to help the community. shoot maybe we could even get an article in the SacBee?;) that would definitely put us out there!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
I thought of Old Sac also a while back, since there are already a few holstered gun wear'ers there from time to time dressed in period clothes. There's lot's of tourists too. I don't believe it is a park of any kind though as mentioned here earlier
Old Sac is a State Park

AyatollahGondola

imported post

This may be a little bold, but there's Ceasar Chavez park in the heart of Sac city, and just a block from the K street mall. If we kept some clearlyset boundaries to avoid school zones we would be right in the center of the business district, in front of city hall, and walking down the mall gets access to food, drink, and police protection since they are already there and there will be no need for them to complain about having to dispatch officers to some other location.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
AyatollahGondola wrote:
I thought of Old Sac also a while back, since there are already a few holstered gun wear'ers there from time to time dressed in period clothes. There's lot's of tourists too. I don't believe it is a park of any kind though as mentioned here earlier
Old Sac is a State Park
Damn strange. I see that it is, but it sure has some special status then. Sac city does enforcement for parking, code, and general law. Usually inside a state park that is the domain and expense of the state of california. Also, I have seen period dressed men wearing holstered sidearms walking around.

Decoligny

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
AyatollahGondola wrote:
Old Sac is a State Park
Damn strange. I see that it is, but it sure has some special status then. Sac city does enforcement for parking, code, and general law. Usually inside a state park that is the domain and expense of the state of california. Also, I have seen period dressed men wearing holstered sidearms walking around.
Probably hired actors to give an ond-timey feel to the place. As it is a State Park, I would assume that the holstered sidearms were prop pieces and not real guns.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, I will have to see what is up and if I can make it. It is interesting how many things need doing when you don't have a job and how much time it takes to do them.

If I can make it I will be up for just about anything, even pushing the envelope of 626.9 on private property!

A stupid interpretation of a stupid law based on an a political agenda is not going to sway me, besides, if I am convicted then this might be my last chance to legally OC for 10 years!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Had a new question via PM, and think it may cross the minds of others here...

Will the media be involved?

Hopefully. I really like the idea of a litter pickup by our group, followed by a BBQ, and think it would make an excellent news story. It would be great juxtapositioned between a rape story and murder story.

Back in July, I ran into Teri Cox of KTXL FOX40. She was in Modesto to cover a story, and happened to be walking out of the PD as I was standing about chatting with some Madison Society members (they used to hold their meetings in a room at the PD).

Anyhow, we talked about open carry, and she gave me her card. I plan to call her about a week before the event, and see if they'd be interested in doing a story.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Had a new question via PM, and think it may cross the minds of others here...

Will the media be involved?

Hopefully. I really like the idea of a litter pickup by our group, followed by a BBQ, and think it would make an excellent news story. It would be great juxtapositioned between a rape story and murder story.

Back in July, I ran into Teri Cox of KTXL FOX40. She was in Modesto to cover a story, and happened to be walking out of the PD as I was standing about chatting with some Madison Society members (they used to hold their meetings in a room at the PD).

Anyhow, we talked about open carry, and she gave me her card. I plan to call her about a week before the event, and see if they'd be interested in doing a story.
that would be awesome to have the news involved! it would definitely put us and OCDO out there. people would most likely see it and come to the forum and new brethren we shall have!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
that would be awesome to have the news involved! it would definitely put us and OCDO out there. people would most likely see it and come to the forum and new brethren we shall have!
Yes, the reason the movement seems so small right now is a lack of networking. After news of our 1st dinner in Sacramento hit Calguns, we had a huge increase in activity here. I think CGN is pretty well saturated, but we will continue to benefit from the new people there learning about us.

The patriots are out there. We just gotta let them know we're here.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I have several solid venue options, all with options from $15 per person - including dinner, beverage, and gratuity. I think even the economic casualties among us can manage that. If not, I can't imagine they would be mad if we had 1 or 2 people sit and drink free water while the rest of us eat. So, don't exclude yourself!

Also, there is a very high likelihood that we will have a litter pickup detail before dinner - maybe an hour or so. I'm going to do my best to find a location that offers both the litter and a good restaurant in close proximity, and without schools.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
any updates on this?
Not yet, but we have plenty of time to finish planning. Last year the venue wasn't set until a few days before the dinner. I know this is slightly inconvenient for those of us trying to plan our drive times, but keeping the details confidential until the last minute serves a certain purpose.

The litter pickup would probably start at 4:00. That will give us an hour or so to do the litter pickup, and thirty minutes to get to the restaurant. Anybody wanting to participate in the litter pickup should bring some gloves to protect their hands from glass, etc. I'll make sure we have trash bags and a place to dump them.

Of course, everyone is invited to participate in either/both of these events. All open carry supporters are welcome at both events.

demnogis

imported post

Maybe put together a list of names to PM with dates/times.

I would be more than willing to make the drive up there, assuming I had a few weeks to plan ahead (time off from work, save for travel, etc).

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

demnogis wrote:
Maybe put together a list of names to PM with dates/times.

I would be more than willing to make the drive up there, assuming I had a few weeks to plan ahead (time off from work, save for travel, etc).
That's pretty much how I did it last year. If you PM me that you'll be attending, you'll get the info.

And you do have several weeks to plan ahead. The date/time are solid. The venue is still being scouted, but it will be in Sac County within minutes of one of the freeways, so any venue option should add no more than 5-20 minutes to anybody's drive.