• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second annual California Open Carry Dinner

Will you be at the Second Annual Open Carry Dinner?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Maybe?

• Total voters

Dessun

imported post

I'll be down for this. I'm coming from the Galt area. If we'll be picking up trash I recommend everyone in getting some lever action trash pickers from the store.

Both sound good, a BBQ or a restaurant. I guess we can't go to a park though, with the park regulations.

prplqun

imported post

Is anyone from so cal coming. I would like to go I just don't know if my car will make it there and back and gas in my truck would be high. It would be for two.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

How about Discovery Park or the Garden Highway? I think those could be good areas to do that. I don't know what regulations are on the park but I can always look it up.

edit.

American River Earth Day Spring Clean-Up Event on April 18

maybe not the greatest idea. Hippyfest......

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
How about Discovery Park or the Garden Highway? I think those could be good areas to do that. I don't know what regulations are on the park but I can always look it up.

edit.

maybe not the greatest idea. Hippyfest......

(Sinister laughter-- building into a crescendo of manicial giggles....):celebrate

This would be an event highjacking of unprecidented proportions. Interspersed among the tree-hugging earth muffins, drenched in patcholie oil and sporting dredlocks- visibly armed libertarians and 'Jeffersonian liberals' doing their part to save 'mother earth' from the perils of unsightly garbage... Media would certainly be there to document the tie dyed granola crunchers... I'm just saying...

demnogis

imported post

I hope I can go. Depends on how my next 2 paychecks are... I only have my motorcycle and planned to ride, since I can OC while riding. Also getting 45+mpg is nice, for an old fuel-abusing bike. I was planning on contacting a member or two here to see if I could carpool from the ½-way or ¾-way mark from Orange County.

prplqun wrote:
Is anyone from so cal coming. I would like to go I just don't know if my car will make it there and back and gas in my truck would be high. It would be for two.

prplqun

imported post

demnogis wrote:
I hope I can go. Depends on how my next 2 paychecks are... I only have my motorcycle and planned to ride, since I can OC while riding. Also getting 45+mpg is nice, for an old fuel-abusing bike. I was planning on contacting a member or two here to see if I could carpool from the ½-way or ¾-way mark from Orange County.

prplqun wrote:
I not even thought about going for a ride. We have never taken a ride on our bike for that long, but this would be a great time start. As long as the weather is nice it should be a great ride. Let me know what your plans are maybe we can still ride up together.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Has there been any progress on determining a final venue and activity?

Im just wondering, because we are fast approaching the date.
There has been progress, but not a final determination. I expect to finalize the details by this weekend.

This year I am more comfortable posting the information publicly. I'm still not expressly inviting an LE presence, but I don't feel the need to keep the details under wraps like last year.

So, as soon as the venue is firmly decided, it will be posted here.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
Has there been any progress on determining a final venue and activity?

Im just wondering, because we are fast approaching the date.
There has been progress, but not a final determination. I expect to finalize the details by this weekend.

This year I am more comfortable posting the information publicly. I'm still not expressly inviting an LE presence, but I don't feel the need to keep the details under wraps like last year.

So, as soon as the venue is firmly decided, it will be posted here.
very nice, I doubt there will be any LE presence whatsoever. After that memo that went out, I am thinking they may just know that what we are doing is NOT illegal and not even give us the time of day. In the case that there is LE presence, I will have my Video camera rolling. Im thinking about having it rolling the whole time so we can maybe document it for youtube. how would everyone feel about that?

prcE6

imported post

Video cam sounds good. Sooner or later, we need our own version of the Riley Reports.:D