• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio

Faitmaker

imported post

Leatherneck, OhioPatriot and I showed up. OP couldn't stay long but it was good to meet him and his children. Leatherneck and I had a good hour long chat.

spioi

imported post

my GF used the car to take her parents to the airport @5:30, or I would have been there. that's 2 in a row I missed. need to knuckle down and make them meetings.

IxionDeece

imported post

I believe it is up to lthrnck, being that the last two business meeting we tried to have me and him were the only two that showed up. I am not sure if he will want to, and I know that I only will show up if more than just us two show up just because we cant have a good business meeting if at least the core group dont show up. So I would ask him. Maybe send him a im or something. Either way I want to know also.

Faitmaker

imported post

When we showed up for the last one, he said we would do something even if it was to meet up at the Tasty again. This is too important guys. It is worth a moment of everyone's time.

IxionDeece

imported post

Faitmaker wrote:
When we showed up for the last one, he said we would do something even if it was to meet up at the Tasty again. This is too important guys. It is worth a moment of everyone's time.
I couldnt agree more. It is too important. And it is worth a moment of everyone's time. But we still have to be able to do business to get more people involved and to be able to educate people on a higher level than just talking to one person at a time.

Makarov

imported post

SorryI couln't make it guys I was on leave for a couple of weeks and out of the area. I will get back into the swing of this shortly.

IxionDeece

imported post

It is ok, Piqua is wayy out of the way for you, I will have enough gas to make it...I aint worried about that. I just want to be able to accomplish something in this meeting.

JSlack7851

imported post

Lthrnck, I / we would love to come. only problem is that small distance.

Total Travel Estimates: Time:3 hours 27 minutes Distance:186.14 miles

Trust me when I say that I believe in what your doing and would love to be there. You've read my posts on other 'milk and cookies' site where every one wants to support the 2A movement from the safety of their keyboard. It just isn't practical to drive that far, I hope you understand.

Jeff

Phssthpok

imported post

I realize it's kind of short notice, but I'll be in NE Ohio (Kidron) for about a week for a wedding on the 31st, and a family reunion on the 8th. As far as I know there's nothing major planned in between and I'd love to maybe meet up with some of the locals for an OC lunch.

Phssthpok

imported post

EXCELLENT!!

I'll just set my star trek transporter and meet you guys there!!:p

Seriously though.. I'm still at home in Washington..I won't be arriving in Ohio till next Wednesday at the soonest.:?

Lthrnck

imported post

Well I have been tossing around the thought of moving this to the Columbus area.

Columbus is in the center of the state and maybe we would get a better turn out from other areas of the state.

If we moved the date to a Saturday maybe more people could make it also.

We will talk about it tonight.

And Yes to all ,, I do understand that travel time is an issue and I hold "NO" ill feelings for anyone who can not make the drive. WE will get this going somehow and maybe some of you can help out when you can.

I have driven and been driven to several OC functions around the state, it can get expensive sometime.

So let's keep trying and see what happens.