• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio

IxionDeece

imported post

Faitmaker wrote:
I just discovered the website and the forum. Unfortunately, I missed the meeting but will be there for the July meeting! I live about 4 blocks from the Hasty Tasty!

Great to be here.

Patrick
The next meeting will not be at the hasty tasty, it will be at the main st address. Which is still not very far. Glad to have you on Patrick, we definatly need more people. Thanks

spioi

imported post

don't know if I'm gonna make this next meeting. car gonna get a brake job. don't think my GF will drive me up there for something she sees as a waste of time. darned kool ade drinkers. there's no reasoning with them.

IxionDeece

imported post

Ok seriously people, how are we supposed to achieve our goals if no one shows up to the meetings so that we can get this going. We all have a common goal, and the only way we can get that goal of victory is to have people show up and help with the cause.

spioi

imported post

how many showed besides the core group? some ppl may think it's not imortant enough to take a couple hours out of their day every 2 weeks to ensure the freedom to keep and bear arms and to educate ppl in the fact that OC is legal and just as important a freedom as your right to choose your own religion or to have a lawyer present before cops quesstion you. some would rather sit in front of a TV forthat hour and let others do the work. I drive an hour each way for the meetings because I see this as important as any other civil liberty.it is well worth a couple hours of my time every so often. alot of ppl can't make it due to travel time, but I'm sure there are others locally that can try and make at least 1 meeting a month. 2 hours a month would be a small thing to give up to help ensure the preservation of our OC freedom.

IxionDeece

imported post

lthrnck and myself were the only ones to show up this time, I was hoping that more would, but it isn't looking to good at the moment, especially when we cant even get into the place where the meeting is supposed to be.

spioi

imported post

the guy didn't show again? sorry I wasn't there. couldn't get my car out till today. we should just bring lawn chairs and have the meeting in the parking lot.

Brian D.

imported post

Sorry to hear this effort isn't going well. Unfortunately this sounds like what happened the first go-round about two years ago. At that time the guy, (besides the REAL spark plug, Lthrnck) named 'Korupt' who started the Open Carry Ohio group and website just disappeared off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. Take a look at

http://ocohio.myfreeforum.orgto see what I'm referring to. :?

After that it wasn't easy for Lthrnck to convince me make more fifty + mile drives for meetups that amass five or less people. I will come back if things start to look up again though.