• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Council

FatboyCykes

imported post

I made a few changes to cut down on time, and just got a PM with some more changes I need to make, probably won't be able to make those until tomorrow after work, but I'll post the "speech" when I'm done, see you ladies tomorrow night!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Question: Who is preparing/providing/bringing the "briefs" to be provided to the council members?

All I have is a copy of the slide presentation given to the Sheriffs, and the MML LEAF newsletter on OC. Both to be given to the Mayor. I can have a few MOC brochures as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "briefs"?

FatboyCykes

imported post

At one point in the presentation to the council, I will mention "the briefs provided to you", I believe Jeff said he was going to put these together, I was just looking for confirmation, else I need to remove that section of the address.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Uh-oh... I thought everything was all set.

I believe the original intention of the briefs was to list the two recent case #s for council to investigate the PD's actions and to explain why their ordinances are unlawful in greater detail.

[line]

From http://www.cityofwarren.org:

All correspondence which must be presented to the entire Council, should be addressed to the Council Secretary, Warren Community Center, Second Floor, 5460 Arden, Warren, MI 48092.

[line]

Note that it does not list a due date to have the items in front of council at the meeting!

mikestilly

imported post

Hey guys. Good luck for the council meeting. I'm in class but will be checking in here from class to see how things went. This should be a great one to post on the Youtube site :) Hopefully someone makes it with avideo camera.

Mike

Haman J.T.

imported post

Mike did a fine job,giving the council notice on our rights and our intent to seek justice if WPD doesn't clean up its act! Well done! One more step forward for freedom!

DanM

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Heh, a public speaker I am not, but I think it went well, ya know 'cept for the whole burning of the midnight oil...

Thanks for expending your time and effort! After you've rested, give us a summary of your experience, please.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm still sticking needles in my eyes as that is more enjoyable than last nights council meeting. I left at 11:45 PM (Got home at 1:30 AM) and they still hadn't got to public comments. I'm sure they do that on purpose to dissuade the public from commenting as many have to work in the morning and won't stay so late.

I thought that according to the open meetings act you had to have public comments first and last on the agenda. I know we had to modify our townshipmeeting to fit that rule.

I was also disappointed by the public turn out. My little township of Bath (>10,000) has a larger turn-out than Warren.

I can't wait to see the video as it was on Warren TV.

I thought I would kill myself while listening tothe Fire Commissioners report on upgrading the department. That went on forever only to find out the council had a 3 hour meeting about this very issue the night before. Talk about beating a dead horse.

My head still hurts!