• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren City Council

FatboyCykes

imported post

Whelp, unless one of you fine gentlemen feel like picking up a stranger, I won't be able to make it tonight. Wife has childrens church @ 6pm and it gets out at 8, we only have the one vehicle and time wise it just wouldn't work, I'd be able to hang out for about 15 mins....

FatboyCykes

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I was available as well to drive if someone needed a pickup. It looks like it's been handled :) Should I bring the laptop?
I don't remember whereabouts you live Mike? Might be able to save Johnny some gas.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I was available as well to drive if someone needed a pickup. It looks like it's been handled :) Should I bring the laptop?
laptop might be handy since the brief to hand in hasn't been drafted. if you dont have mobile internet it would be a good idea to download a boilerplate letter for ordinance violations such as follows:

[size=Upon reviewing the city ordinances, I have found that the city has written an illegal and unenforceable restriction upon the possession of a firearm. [highlight= #ffff88]Marysville[/highlight] Code of Ordinances Chapter 31 Section 3.16 states in part “No person shall carry any firearms…within any public park…” Be aware that this restriction is both unenforceable and in violation of MCL 123.1102. (See below) This law has been interpreted and upheld by the Michigan Supreme Court in MCRGO vs. The City of Ferndale.]

[size=]

[size=Do be aware that the city does retain the authority to restrict the discharge of firearms but not the possession of them. I trust you will have this matter investigated expediently and bring the city’s ordinances into compliance with state law. The full spectrum of remediation would include not only updating the city’s written ordinance but also updating/replacing any on-site signage, notification of the patrolling law enforcement, and written notice to city residents. Do be cautioned that failure to do so could be interpreted as an act of malfeasance as it willfully misleads the public as to the law and their rights.[/font]

Michigan Legislature FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION (EXCERPT)
Act 319 of 1990
123.1102 Regulation of pistols or other firearms.
Sec. 2.
A local unit of government shall not impose special taxation on, enact or enforce any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner the ownership, registration, purchase, sale, transfer, transportation, or possession of pistols or other firearms, ammunition for pistols or other firearms, or components of pistols or other firearms, except as otherwise provided by federal law or a law of this state.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

A few good points were added to the address and a speaker has been selected. We will be sharpening the teeth just a little bit, and we have determined what needs to be included in a written brief.

Most importantly, the hani sandwiches and chili cheese friesare still very good and no waitresses or patrons ran out of the restaurant when all those gunmen came in. Strange?...

mikestilly

imported post

It will also be video taped and posted on Youtube for the world to see. Considering we have around 100hits on T Vance's audio incident hopefully this will get some good zttention.

cobra

imported post

If it's like most city council meetings I've seen/attended they will probably just allow you to say your piece and then move on to the next speaker.

It seems like the more controversial the subject, the less likely that anyone responds during the (public) meeting.

Still, it is always good to get the facts out in the open!

Bronson

imported post

cobra wrote:
If it's like most city council meetings I've seen/attended they will probably just allow you to say your piece and then move on to the next speaker.

It seems like the more controversial the subject, the less likely that anyone responds during the (public) meeting.

Still, it is always good to get the facts out in the open!

I know when we assembled en masse for an issue brought before the Calhoun County Board of Commisionersthey explained to us that by the rules of conduct for the public meetings they are not allowed to comment on what the public says duringthepeople'stime to speak.

Bronson