• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning meeting to fight gun ban

5jeffro7

imported post

hhas anyone been able to get hold of the mayor candidates & invite them...i'd be interested in hearing from their mouths what they intend to do...someone should get hold of 'em & tell 'em that the media will be there :cool:

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

I showered and shaved.

but if you invite the mayorial canidates then maybe we should get dow and susy to come

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am saddened I am unable to attend, I had some interesting thoughts, I wrote an article this morning too. Good luck keep me informed I am down for this fight.

DEROS72

imported post

Great news regarding KIRO showing up as well.Lets fill the place up and show them we are serious about this issue!

deanf

imported post

but they definately pick and chose their battles.

As they should! If you pick the right battle, it may win you the war.

A relevant example:

The Port of Seattle has had an administrative prohibition on guns in the non-sterile areas of SeaTac Airport for years. Legally speaking, it’s exactly the same kind of ban Nickels just imposed. I did a lot of research, wrote a lot of letters, and finally (with assists from Gene Beasely and Mark Knapp) testified at a Port Commission meeting about this issue.

No satisfaction. The Port did not change it’s rule. I stopped my crusade. Why? Because at the time, Nickels was just starting to make noise about his parks gun ban. SAF immediately countered that they would sue. I groused a little on the forum about how they should just sue the Port, since it’s the same situation. I decided to drop the matter with the Port, wait for SAF to sue Seattle, then ride their coattails to victory.

I will win my war with the Port of Seattle by simply not fighting them and being patient.

(Why didn't SAF sue the Port? I don't know. The Port has a history of spending tens of millions defending civil litigation - that may be one reason - if so, a wise strategic decision.)

heresolong

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
heresolong wrote:
our knowledge
heresolong did not write:
don't forget your spreading heresay rumors

another one who has to try and speak for everyone. just speak for yourself or is that too hard or do you just want to supress everyone who doesn't think like you?

ps I may find LT annoying but . he has a right for his first admendment or do you think that only applies to whover you want?

and yes there is entertainment here not everyone feels they have to be uptight.
First of all, if you are going to quote me, please quote me, not other people.

Secondly, yes, I intended to type "my knowledge".

Third of all, the first amendment only applies to the government. You have no first amendment right to speak here.

Fourth, by asking you what your purpose is, not only am I not attacking your supposed right to speak on this forum, I am inviting you to speak further. Hopefully you will then stop the inane attacks on people and make your arguments coherently and in a non-ad hominem manner. Your rude attacks serve no purpose and don't advance your argument. I personally welcome your input, so long as it is constructive. The problem, as I see it, is that many of your comments don't advance any argument.

As far as entertainment value, not sure how running down other people because you disagree with them is entertaining for anyone but you.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

when you gett a chance clean yourpot its very dark in the kettle your carrying.

and the hostility goes to show who and what you are.

it seemsyou need a pedestal so you canfeel you are better than anyone else.

and none of your agruments advance anything that I have seen just hearsay

heresolong

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
when you gett a chance clean yourpot its very dark in the kettle your carrying.

and the hostility goes to show who and what you are.

it seemsyou need a pedestal so you canfeel you are better than anyone else.

and none of your agruments advance anything that I have seen just hearsay
Boo Boo,

I don't understand your point. The reason I initially jumped into this is because you stated that the SAF would only show up if there was money in it for them and that "talk is cheap", apparently another reference to SAF although you weren't very clear. That is not hearsay but your actual posts.

I have exhibited no hostility towards you, I have not suggested anything to suggest that I feel better than anyone else. What I have been trying to get across is that the general tone of your comments seems heavily weighted towards negativity. Each time I respond with a reasoned comment you reply with more generalities and more personal attacks. I guess you have no interest in a reasoned discussion. This will be my last post about your behavior. Say what you want, I will no longer respond as it appears to be falling on deaf ears.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

and they are all talk, have had months to prepare but nothing. hell even the r71 people filed lawsuits faster.

and it was your hearsay. a friend heard another friend but then no facts

hostility - conflict, opposition, or resistance in thought or principle

and only constuctive if seen by you. well i am not going to conform to what you think

deanf

imported post

and they are all talk, have had months to prepare but nothing.

And you know this how? It's very likely that they have their court briefs all prepared, their list of deponents written, and their plaintiff's all picked out. They are waiting like a cat in the long grass: head down, ears back, butt up - still like a statue, awaiting the perfect moment to pounce on the mouse.

Why would they tip their cards? Just to shut you up? Don't flatter yourself.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

nah but would be nice if they did it to shut you up.

and talk is cheap. , no hand to tip.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

deanf wrote:
but they definately pick and chose their battles.

As they should! If you pick the right battle, it may win you the war.

A relevant example:

The Port of Seattle has had an administrative prohibition on guns in the non-sterile areas of SeaTac Airport for years. Legally speaking, it’s exactly the same kind of ban Nickels just imposed. I did a lot of research, wrote a lot of letters, and finally (with assists from Gene Beasely and Mark Knapp) testified at a Port Commission meeting about this issue.

No satisfaction. The Port did not change it’s rule. I stopped my crusade. Why? Because at the time, Nickels was just starting to make noise about his parks gun ban. SAF immediately countered that they would sue. I groused a little on the forum about how they should just sue the Port, since it’s the same situation. I decided to drop the matter with the Port, wait for SAF to sue Seattle, then ride their coattails to victory.

I will win my war with the Port of Seattle by simply not fighting them and being patient.

(Why didn't SAF sue the Port? I don't know. The Port has a history of spending tens of millions defending civil litigation - that may be one reason - if so, a wise strategic decision.)

WOW!!!!! Where do you draw the line? We have had SAF, NRA , and the like for decades, they have won some battles some major ones, but overall, the war has been a loosing one, my point is that until everyday people start taking a stand it will continue to a loosing war.

I am not again I don't know why I have to reiterate this, I am notsaying SAF is bad, they are good they do a lot. They can't and won't do it all, hence they pick their battles, again not a bad thing. That doesn't mean they are the only means of fighting this war, and their ideals don't line up with all open carriers. I listen to their advice but don't and will not believe ever thatSAF, NRA, GOA, are the end all be all of the fight for our rights. There are many examples across the country of folks winning lawsuits without them and some on contingency.

By the way, I know from first hand conversations how the SAF feels about most us open carriers. So as an open carry battle, which these signs are (concealed folks can break the law but it won't be noticed) targeting need to take the front lines on this one.

P.S. I also have open carried at the airport withous hassles, hopefully this was from your efforts if so thankyou. I also know Mainsail has battled this also.

DEROS72

imported post

I really want to thank all you guys for coming.It is really encouraging to see the support.Huge thanks to DEV and his staff for taking such good care of everyone.For a loose group of folks I think we did ok.Good start.Great to see redboneshadow and his folks there as well.We are all in this together.

spacer.gif