• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning meeting to fight gun ban

44Brent

imported post

I'm thinking that I would like to interview people on camcorder for a Youtube video, not at the planning meeting, but at whatever OC event materializes.

I could allow people to present me with a list ofquestions they would like to have me ask them,record their answers,then upload the compilation of interviews up to Youtube.

If the poo poo decide to interrupt the interviews and make fools of themselves, so much the better. I'll put that up on Youtube also.

DEROS72

imported post

Hey fella's I found the perfect leader for our cause in the parks and playgrounds and our poster model........lol
By the way does anyone know what that is....????

heresolong

imported post

OK, I've decided to make the trip down from Blaine, mostly to meet some of you guys. I won't be able to stay long as I have to get up at 5 on Monday morning to go to work. Hopefully the meeting will start on time and have an agenda as to how things will be run to ensure that it is smooth and timely. SVG may ride down with me.

Do you have an idea of how the meeting might go? Which ideas will be discussed; will there be a time for brainstorming or has that happened on the board already; will there be voting on the best tactic or will it be more of an organizational for a tactic that has been predecided? These are questions that probably should be decided ahead of time.

Can I recommend that we have a set amount of time for people to talk, and that someone act as moderator to minimize the amount of repetition. Set aside a certain time for SAF and other groups to respond or put in their two cents worth.

This type of meeting has the potential to drag on forever if it isn't controlled. Believe me, I've been in those meetings that lasted for seven hours. You don't want to go there.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

BechtelRedNeck.jpg

Superlite27

imported post

Since I can't make this meeting, I have some questions that someone might consider asking:

Maybe someone could file a FOIA request to find out WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM?

If Nickels states that he can ban firearms in these parks because they are private property, who is the owner thatwill be named in any lawsuit?

What fund does the$10,000 for these signs came out of? If it was a public fund, we now have grounds for a lawsuit since the mayor is using public funds for use on private property, right?

Any damages resulting from these lawsuits would have to be paid out of his private account, right? How can he use public funds to pay legal fees and damages if this is private property?

Doesn’t the money used to pay park employees come out of a public fund? Isn’t using public employees to maintain private property against the law in Seattle?

Anyone have any opinion on whether or notthese arevalid arguments?

44Brent

imported post

I wouldn't be surprised if they dispatched a spy. The details of the meeting are by no means secret.

Those guys are easy to spot. They are the ones who urge people to hide behind bushes, shoot the cops, and try to get people to commit criminal acts.

kwiebe

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
The signs cost the city taxpayers $10,000.

The cost of installing them is included in the jobs of our installation maintenance crews, who do this type of work normally.
Typical government: They think there's no cost for installation because they are already paying employee wages. WRONG.

The real cost is the signs, plus the wages X 2 (wages are only about half of employee labor-related costs).

What are there, 10 sites? They'll probably send at least 2 workers per site. Add several thousand dollars...

Manu

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Since I can't make this meeting, I have some questions that someone might consider asking:

Maybe someone could file a FOIA request to find out WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM?

If Nickels states that he can ban firearms in these parks because they are private property, who is the owner thatwill be named in any lawsuit?

What fund does the$10,000 for these signs came out of? If it was a public fund, we now have grounds for a lawsuit since the mayor is using public funds for use on private property, right?

Any damages resulting from these lawsuits would have to be paid out of his private account, right? How can he use public funds to pay legal fees and damages if this is private property?

Doesn’t the money used to pay park employees come out of a public fund? Isn’t using public employees to maintain private property against the law in Seattle?

I do not have much of the knowledge of law and other technicalities but your points seems to be valid to me

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:

We can't go this route. That would be admitting that he's right about the ban, but wrong about how the signs were paid for. That would be self-defeating. These parks & Reacreation facilities are NOT private property and that's the entire gist of our argument. They are Public property paid for and maintained with Public funding. THAT is what makes his idiotic rule illegal.

Trigger Dr

imported post

OK, I have been following this thread from the start, and now must have my say. Right or wrong it is my opinion and mine alone.

Having been involved in protests on both sides (1960's college student) mobilized during the race riots in WA DC (early 1960's) I ahve a view that I want to share.

This is an issue that is important to every citizen of the USA, not just Seattle or Washington State. There is a lot of emotion here that could lead one in the wrong direction. Do I know the right direction? Maybe, Maybe not, but I would think this through very carefully, looking at it from outside in a detatched manner.

Valid thoughts have been presented by several on this forum. With that in mind, do some soul searching and ask yourself...

What is my legal background?

Do I have the proper knowledge and training to fight this to an end that meets my goals?

Do I have the financial support to fight this to an end?

Do I know that I would win this battle?

Would not it be best to let the professionals handle this in the way that they KNOW will win, and give them all the support they ask for and need?

I submit to you, the first 3 questions are probably answered NO.

The last question should be answered YES.

In other words, talk all you want, plan all you want, but let the professionals handle the battle.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
OK, I have been following this thread from the start, and now must have my say. Right or wrong it is my opinion and mine alone.

Having been involved in protests on both sides (1960's college student) mobilized during the race riots in WA DC (early 1960's) I ahve a view that I want to share.

This is an issue that is important to every citizen of the USA, not just Seattle or Washington State. There is a lot of emotion here that could lead one in the wrong direction. Do I know the right direction? Maybe, Maybe not, but I would think this through very carefully, looking at it from outside in a detatched manner.

Valid thoughts have been presented by several on this forum. With that in mind, do some soul searching and ask yourself...

What is my legal background?

Do I have the proper knowledge and training to fight this to an end that meets my goals?

Do I have the financial support to fight this to an end?

Do I know that I would win this battle?

Would not it be best to let the professionals handle this in the way that they KNOW will win, and give them all the support they ask for and need?

I submit to you, the first 3 questions are probably answered NO.

The last question should be answered YES.

In other words, talk all you want, plan all you want, but let the professionals handle the battle.

The problem is we have been apathetic and let the 'professionals' handle it for way to long. It has gotten us into the sad state we are in today. If more everyday people started standing ground for what is right, we can force the system to correct it self or at least start being afraid of whom they are supposed to be representing or working for.

The government has been using the legal battle and financial hardship to get its way for far too long.

DEROS72

imported post

I was just contacted By Julie Berg from KOMO TV.They said they will be out to cover our meet!

so I will look my best

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The problem is we have been apathetic and let the 'professionals' handle it for way to long. It has gotten us into the sad state we are in today. If more everyday people started standing ground for what is right, we can force the system to correct it self or at least start being afraid of whom they are supposed to be representing or working for.
So you think SAF has been asleep at the wheel?