• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doonsbury Comic on Open Carry today

Pace

imported post

Let's laugh at this, will make us look better, if we can laugh at ourselves. Ever think we are all a little silly? :)

Comeon, no one has drawn on themselves in the mirror? :)

XD40coyote

imported post

Pace wrote:
Let's laugh at this, will make us look better, if we can laugh at ourselves. Ever think we are all a little silly? :)

Comeon, no one has drawn on themselves in the mirror? :)

OhI can be silly as all get out, butI am silly in an educated informed sort of way.

So if this cartoon is OK, then I can OC while wearing a coyote hide Indian style?

It's ok to crack jokes with people I know such as " you better watch it" and one of them says " yeah she's got a gun! nuck nuck" ?

And no,I have never drawn on myself in the mirror. As far as drawing on a mirror, I may have done that as a tike with crayons.

Pace

imported post

I disagree with the comic, but I find it funny -- but that is what humor is, it always uses generalization to make people laugh.

It does show an issue, Trudeau doesnt understand why people would carry.

Cowboy8467

imported post

Yeah, I mean that's the reason I posted it, I think it's a good thing to be able to laugh at yourself a little bit. I certainly don't agree with everything about it, but I've definitely seen a lot worse.

DEFENSOR

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Pace wrote:
I think he makes fun of everyone equally :)

I personally think a lot of people carry firearms to "show off" but I'll protect their right to do so :)

So do I. I see people carryin' a sidearm while wearin' flip-flops.

Yeah... that'll work. :banghead:
I personally would like to opencarry wearing my skinny jeans with studded belt, black chuck taylors and a Morrisey concert T-shirt :lol:

Bo

imported post

So, apparently Trudeau wants folks to believe that because people are open-carrying in their local Starbucks, negligent discharges are commonplace.

Once upon a time, Doonesbury was a great comic strip; then one day, Garry Trudeau woke up believing he wasthe great political commentator of our time.

XD Owner

imported post

Yeah, he got hit by the stupid stick when drawing this one.

db100323.gif

The Wolfhound

imported post

Don't you KNOW anything? Guns are dangerous. They go off all the time. All by them selves. Gun owners are stupid and careless. Do you not read that in the mainstream media all the time? Good Liberals should not be subject to having to see or even acknowledge that firearms may have a legitimate purpose. Why even the Police could go unarmed if we just got rid of those awful guns.

Doonesbury is just following the usual liberal line. Why is anyone surprised?

Cowboy8467

imported post

Well, I thought the first one was a little funny, but there's just no redeeming qualities to today's strip. A gun randomnly going off in Starbucks? Really??

:X

rodbender

imported post

I stay away from the intellectual section. It's way too much for me. But then, I don't read the papers at all. Our local paperis affectionately known asthe Austin Anti-American Statesman.

Pace

imported post

Actually, this is making fun of both sides...
That the place is "bristling with guns" and they can't believe it.
Doonesbury is equal opportunist :)

I'm a libertarian, I find all static viewpoints worth making fun of.

XD Owner wrote:
Yeah, he got hit by the stupid stick when drawing this one.

db100323.gif

killchain

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
What would the commentary have been had the customer been a woman? Nahhh...I find this kind'a stuff rather snide.
I think a lot of guys who don't carry are intimidated by women who do, because it makes them feel inadequate.

I think making the customer a woman could make for a much funnier comic.
How many women post here on the WA forum? One? Two?

Now, I'm not bashing women OC'ing, quite the opposite. :) Just saying that at least in the forum's spectrum, the comic author is right on the sex of the OCer.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
Well, considering all the ND's in Starbuck's...Oh wait, It's NEVER happened!!! Oops, My bad, Sorry!

Trudeau is just another clueless moron...plain and simple.
An alarmist? Whatever suits their ahh-gen-dahhhI suppose. 'Been OC/OK at Starbucks in AZ for as long as there's been Starbucks... it's just not an issue. But... Kommiefornia is another animal. They're forced to be activists. Of course the ULOC they're forced to do will result in ND's up the gazoo... (uh-huh) but Trudeau is (and will remain)clueless.