• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doonsbury Comic on Open Carry today

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
By Garry Trudeau Bias? I don't see any bias? Was there any question where Trudeau was gonna go with this? :cuss:

Funny how he's painting the same picture racists did when segregation ended....

buster81

imported post

eye95 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
I printed off some of the applicable laws about CC, and and explanation of why there is not OC law and put it in his mailbox.
Uh oh. You lawbreaker, you!!!

According to http://www.ehow.com/list_6082974_home-mailbox-laws.html:
It is against the law to place anything in a mailbox that is not mail with paid postage attached to it,
:D

Then the USPS breaks the law every day, as well as UPS and a few other folks. I regularly get stuff that is not mail, and does not have postage attached put in my box by the USPS.

I call BS until I see a citation. Regardless, I actuallyused the newspaper box directly under the mail box, so I mistyped. Phew...what a relief.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

It's funy how "tolerance" and "diversity" only apply if you hold the same liberal elitist views as them. It's the same reason liberals can get away with being blatantly racist; yet, even a HINT of racism (whether it's really there or just "percieved" as such) brings down the weight of the entire left wing media.

So, Trudeau will get away with his blatant bias against anyone he precieves as a "redneck" and the entire left wing media will look the other way...do we expect any less of them? ...of course not! Hell, they'll probably even give the ignorant moron an award for it!

TFred

imported post

buster81 wrote:
A family from NJ moved in up the street from me a few months ago. About two weeks after they move in, I'm walking my dog past theirhouse, and as usual, I see the father and we wave and say hello.

I assume it's at that point he notices I'm OC'g because he yells "hey" and comes down the driveway to talk so I turn around. He says "what they hell are you doing?" He's looking around like we are about to conduct a drug deal or something.

Of course, Ilook around as well because I have no idea what he's talking about or what he's looking for. I ask him what he's talking about, and he says "you can't carry a gun around like that. It's illegal." We go around in circles for a bit with the yes it is, no it isn't. It made me chuckle a bit. I had to break it to him that he moved into Virginia, and it is NOT like NJ. I printed off some of the applicable laws about CC, and and explanation of why there is not OC law and put it in his mailbox. I don't see him much anymore.
jon6.GIF

One of my all time favorites!

TFred

eye95

imported post

buster81 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
I printed off some of the applicable laws about CC, and and explanation of why there is not OC law and put it in his mailbox.

It is against the law to place anything in a mailbox that is not mail with paid postage attached to it,

Then the USPS breaks the law every day, as well as UPS and a few other folks. I regularly get stuff that is not mail, and does not have postage attached put in my box by the USPS.

I call BS until I see a citation. Regardless, I actuallyused the newspaper box directly under the mail box, so I mistyped. Phew...what a relief.
Just having a little fun. No offense intended. :cool:

I am not going to look up the actual US code. If you call BS, I am fine with that.:cool: Anyway, I first learned about this law when a neighbor was putting citations that purported to be from the neighborhood association (they weren't) in folks' mailboxes. He wasn't fined, but the postal worker (I don't think he was armed :D ) took a dim view of this guy putting his hand in other people's mailboxes illegally.

People put things in other's mailboxes all the time without realizing that it is against the law.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

eye95 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
buster81 wrote:

I am not going to look up the actual US code. If you call BS, I am fine with that.:cool: Anyway, I first learned about this law when a neighbor was putting citations that purported to be from the neighborhood association (they weren't) in folks' mailboxes. He wasn't fined, but the postal worker (I don't think he was armed :D ) took a dim view of this guy putting his hand in other people's mailboxes illegally.

People put things in other's mailboxes all the time without realizing that it is against the law.
No citation; but, I worked my way through college delivering pizzas down at the oceanfront here in Va Beach. Part of the job required me to go "couponing" several hours a week. They brought in the postmaster of Va Beach to explain to us that we couldn't put the coupons in mailboxes because it was illegal.

buster81

imported post

eye95 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
buster81 wrote:

I'll take my chances the next time I need to givesomething to a neighbor. Linky-no-work by the way.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Clearly rednecks are not a protected class.
Nor are hillbillys, snowbilly's, hicks, yokels, bible-thumpers, teabaggers, neo-cons, GOPr's, or gun nuts.

okboomer

imported post

And here, I was thinking that they had me nailed with the redneck ramark ... I have always been a redneck ... that was begun as a derogatory term to denote a farmer or other field worker who was sunburned on the neck as a consequence of their time in the sun.

Well, I am, have always been and proud of it, a redneck ... especially since I have been working in the garden the past few days :lol:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Nor are hillbillys, snowbilly's, hicks, yokels, bible-thumpers, teabaggers, neo-cons, GOPr's, or gun nuts.
What about Paleo-Cons?

Can I be a Paleo-Con Shock Troop? Please!?

riverrat10k

imported post

The first strip was ok, the second was offensive with the AD joke, and the stereotypical reference to rednecks is offensive.

Not surprising from Trudeau.

What if I did burka jokes at a national level? And we are talking about a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT HERE.

Ok, I'm working myself up. Out.

riverrat10k

imported post

marshaul wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Could we really be at the point that we have to sue for our rights as a protected class for our political views?

It has become apparent that other "groups" have done as much and more.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
marshaul wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Could we really be at the point that we have to sue for our rights as a protected class for our political views?

It has become apparent that other "groups" have done as much and more.
Always remind yourself: two wrongs never make a right.

riverrat10k

imported post

And, finally, certainly a strip such as this, along with biased news articles, would be evidence enough in court to ascertain a persecutionary atmosphere, and therefor, basis forprotection under the law.

(is that a word?)

riverrat10k

imported post

marshaul wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Always remind yourself: two wrongs never make a right.

marshaul I agree, with your statement in general.

But in this case, whenbehavioral abuses are occuring under "the law", why should one not take advantage of the idiocy being promoted?

I see no less reason for being protected, as a class, as a person, under the 2nd Amendment, as I feel one should be regardless of the color of one's skin. The system may be sick, but I will not be a doormat.

A good case could be made, IMO, with voluminous anti-gun "news" and outright propaganda, that a "class" of citizen is being persecuted and marginalized for their belief in the right to personal protection in a dangerous world. If I was a lawyer, I think I could argue a helluva case.

spell

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

I personally believe, however much I disagree with Trudeu's point of view, that we all have the right to freedom of SPEECH, whatever the form and degree. So if he wants to call me a redneck, he can go right ahead. I'll take it as a compliment. There is no 'hate speech'. That's a load of politically correct BS. We can all be grown up about this and call each other hillbilly, redneck, nigger, spick, injun,chink, or whatever floats your boat, without suing each other. And don't anybody even think about calling me racist for using some of the words in the previous sentence - I have three black siblings, I'm part American Indian and Iused to datea hispanic girl.

And my grandmother informed me that the term 'redneck' actually comes from the red bandanas that the Irish railroad workers used to wear. So it's actually a derogatory term relating to uneducated Irishmen, which would definitely be racist. And should offend me, since I'm mostly Irish. But hey, let's all just strap our guns on, get a thicker skin, and ignore the bastards that want to stereotype us as poor, illiterate, Irish ditchdiggers.