• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doonsbury Comic on Open Carry today

hp-hobo

imported post

I'm surprised it took him four days to get to thewild westand testosterone references. :quirky

db100325.gif

How very predictable.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
I'm surprised it took him four days to get to thewild westand testosterone references. :quirky

db100325.gif

How very predictable.
Saloon? Ain't nobody heeled in any western saloon I've been in. This citified jerk wins awards for this crap?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
Well, considering all the ND's in Starbuck's...Oh wait, It's NEVER happened!!! Oops, My bad, Sorry!

Trudeau is just another clueless moron...plain and simple.
I thought that was a DC sub shop with the machine gun ND.
Plus it was the worker not customer..

I was looking forward to another strip of him face down on the pavement outside
and the cops complaining he took the last donut. :lol:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Saloon? Ain't nobody heeled in any western saloon I've been in.
How many is that, countrified? Ever been to Idaho, LaClede or Hayden Lake?
I blew thru Idaho back in '69 en route to Oak Harbor... 'n again in '72 goin' the other way bound for Virgina Beach (inna rainstorm).But... down here in the southwest, no. There was a time (still in some places) you could hand your gunbelt to the barkeep 'n get it back when you left tho.

buster81

imported post

Alamo Jack wrote:
And my grandmother informed me that the term 'redneck' actually comes from the red bandanas that the Irish railroad workers used to wear. So it's actually a derogatory term relating to uneducated Irishmen, which would definitely be racist. And should offend me, since I'm mostly Irish. But hey, let's all just strap our guns on, get a thicker skin, and ignore the bastards that want to stereotype us as poor, illiterate, Irish ditchdiggers.

You should update wikipedia with this information from your grandmother. They are misleading people into believing that'redneck' is a derogatory term for poor, southern, white farmers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marshaul wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Clearly rednecks are not a protected class.
I was thinking the same thing. Could we really be at the point that we have to sue for our rights as a protected class for our political views?

It has become apparent that other "groups" have done as much and more.
Always remind yourself: two wrongs never make a right.
Correct, but:

The opposite of a profound truth can sometimes be another truth.

Also, in a system and society as deliberately screwed up as ours, sometimes a 2nd wrong is the only stopgap you have available until/if a Right/right can be achieved/restored.

The purpose and design of both our government and society is to ensure that all who are part of it must be evil to survive. Avenues for seeking redress are often limited to paths of committing another wrong to ensure that nothing good can every happen, or at the very least, that so much wrong is done in the process that what good comes at the end can never make up for it. Hence the concept of bankrupting people in defense of false or malicious criminal prosecution by the State. Even if you win, you still lose.

This is why I often advocate 'street justice.' The 'justice system' ensures and is deliberately designed to make sure no real justice ever happens.

Some people just need a good ass beating. Cops are not special, sometimes they need one too. Especially the filthy traitors in question here. A blanket party or a [XXXYYYZZZ] would be far more cost-effective, and overall effective. Give them back what they're dishing out.

Being enlightened or 'a better person' does you no good if you're a stain on the pavement against their barbarism. You also fail the concept of civilization itself by allowing the evil to triumph while holding your nose high.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Exchange "gun-slingers" for "African-Amercians".
Exchange "Saloon" for "Cotton Field".

Anybody see a pattern with this guys train of thought?

:uhoh:

Irrational fear, from a fear-mongering perspective.

XD40coyote

imported post

I actually got a personally written email thanking me for posting to "blowback", it wasn't from Trudeau, but I guess one of his "lackeys" LOL. Well, someone who manages the web site and "blowback" letters. They said they made my mention of opencarry.org a hyperlink in the post. I detected some open mindedness in the email. So let's start the intellectual debates LOL.

Alexcabbie

imported post

UPDATE: Today, the cartoon showed Dooonesbury's bratty daughter yelling "YOU MORONS! at a group of OCers; and from off-panel came the "cilck! click!click!" of guns being cocked. Implying, among other things, that gun owners in general and OCers in particular are likely to become homicidal over trivial insults.

This is too much. Maybe we ought to file a class action for libel. How many peeps we got here? How much revenue could be gotten from Trudeau, his syndicate, and every newspaper that carried this cartoon? What would that come to divided among the OCDO membership? If MAIG could do it to Smith and Wesson, why don't we do it to Doonesbury?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
UPDATE: Today, the cartoon showed Dooonesbury's bratty daughter yelling "YOU MORONS! at a group of OCers; and from off-panel came the "cilck! click!click!" of guns being cocked. Implying, among other things, that gun owners in general and OCers in particular are likely to become homicidal over trivial insults.

This is too much. Maybe we ought to file a class action for libel. How many peeps we got here? How much revenue could be gotten from Trudeau, his syndicate, and every newspaper that carried this cartoon? What would that come to divided among the OCDO membership? If MAIG could do it to Smith and Wesson, why don't we do it to Doonesbury?
I'd be on board.

Mostly because the 'moron' is the one who shouts insults at people for daring to be different from them... Armed or not is irrelevant.

Maybe I should start a comic where I have filthy brats shout insults at Kikes, Wettbacks, Degos, Camel Jockeys, and Niggers? Maybe I could burn some Churches, too? I could bomb abortion ?clinics?, and shoot up Post Offices. Perhaps I could even fly a giant airplane into a building full of Infidels? I mean, screw them for not being like me... How dare they exist! MORONS!!

[/sarcasm]

Don Barnett

imported post

Pace wrote:
I think he makes fun of everyone equally :)

I personally think a lot of people carry firearms to "show off" but I'll protect their right to do so :)

I carry openly for several reasons:

1. Because I can.

2. Because I am responsible for my own safety and the safety ofmy loved ones.

3. Because I believe that the more the people see responsible citizens carrying in a safe and respectful manner, the better gun owners appear in the public eye. In this regard, I always dress in a neat manner and am polite to everyone I meet; I try to carry without putting on an "air of: "Hey, look at me!"

I like the cartoon.

Hendu024

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Pace wrote:

I personally think a lot of people carry firearms to "show off" but I'll protect their right to do so :)

So do I. I see people carryin' a sidearm while wearin' flip-flops.

Yeah... that'll work. :banghead:
Do you have to wear combat boots to OC? I live by the beach, and prefer to wear flip flops in the summer time, OC or not. I don't think it makes much difference...

TatankaGap

imported post

I love this thread - and am going to add a minor rant....

So imagine the scene as portrayed by Trudeau, some glommy citified wusses, panties in a wad over the 'gun slingers' and saying their most persuasive argument - which is essentially the same as the Brady Bunch's anti-Starbuck's stance, "Seriously, dude, this is wrong. It's a coffeehouse, not a saloon."

Too often, in our world, someone who doesn't know anything, wins some argument by saying with unsubstantiated and unwarranted confidence and bravado, "Seriously, Dude, this is wrong." And then backs up the bravado with some kind of quip, like, "It's a coffeehouse, not a saloon."

Those who have mere Constitutional arguments, the 2A, the RKBA, state constitutions and SCOTUS cases are usually stuck without a good retort and lose the argument - because the standard is NOT logic but wit.

It suddenly occurred to me the other day that the 2A requires familiarity with firearms not just so the average person will have firearms experience in case the federal national militia is called up (under the US Code) but so that the average person will not become a "glommy citified panties in a wad wussy" - which I will coin a "Wuss" -

If Chinese paratroopers landed in the middle of Trudeau's Starbucks world, it's clear the Wusses would surrender immediately and start to work it like the Vichy Gov't inside occupied France - while those portrayed as ignorant rednecks in Trudeau's Starbucks world would be the actual American resistance to a foreign occupier -

The founding fathers (and their wives) could never have imagined that large parts of the American people would have strength, courage and fighting spirit bred out of them through citifying and metrosexualizing them - and alienating them from firearms.

If it were a conspiracy against America it would be working perfectly. I'm not suggesting that it's a conspiracy, just really bad trends allowed to go for so long that the very fiber of our Country's core is eviscerated by a consciousness that expresses itself as "Seriously, Dude, this is wrong."

I believe the same thing happened a while ago in another part of the world between the Spartans and the Greeks, during the Pelopolesian wars - history shows that Wusses lose big.

Thanks for reading my sounding off ~ :dude:

Alexcabbie

imported post

Thanks, Ttanka. I am now going to write a majot blog post on how this country became so much less friendly to firearms ownership. Really, not kidding. The post may not be up for a couple days, it is probably going to be pretty long; but it will in part describe how WWII had made Americans averse to bloodshed and wanting - futilely as ever - to end violence, having experienced such a lot of it; and then raised a pack of spoiled brats (my generation) into the bargain. Check my blog - homepage in my profile - on oh, say Wednesday night.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
I love this thread - and am going to add a minor rant....

So imagine the scene as portrayed by Trudeau, some glommy citified wusses, panties in a wad over the 'gun slingers' and saying their most persuasive argument - which is essentially the same as the Brady Bunch's anti-Starbuck's stance, "Seriously, dude, this is wrong. It's a coffeehouse, not a saloon."

Too often, in our world, someone who doesn't know anything, wins some argument by saying with unsubstantiated and unwarranted confidence and bravado, "Seriously, Dude, this is wrong." And then backs up the bravado with some kind of quip, like, "It's a coffeehouse, not a saloon."

Those who have mere Constitutional arguments, the 2A, the RKBA, state constitutions and SCOTUS cases are usually stuck without a good retort and lose the argument - because the standard is NOT logic but wit.

It suddenly occurred to me the other day that the 2A requires familiarity with firearms not just so the average person will have firearms experience in case the federal national militia is called up (under the US Code) but so that the average person will not become a "glommy citified panties in a wad wussy" - which I will coin a "Wuss" -

If Chinese paratroopers landed in the middle of Trudeau's Starbucks world, it's clear the Wusses would surrender immediately and start to work it like the Vichy Gov't inside occupied France - while those portrayed as ignorant rednecks in Trudeau's Starbucks world would be the actual American resistance to a foreign occupier -

The founding fathers (and their wives) could never have imagined that large parts of the American people would have strength, courage and fighting spirit bred out of them through citifying and metrosexualizing them - and alienating them from firearms.

If it were a conspiracy against America it would be working perfectly. I'm not suggesting that it's a conspiracy, just really bad trends allowed to go for so long that the very fiber of our Country's core is eviscerated by a consciousness that expresses itself as "Seriously, Dude, this is wrong."

I believe the same thing happened a while ago in another part of the world between the Spartans and the Greeks, during the Pelopolesian wars - history shows that Wusses lose big.

Thanks for reading my sounding off ~ :dude:
This would be entertaining if it weren't true.

However, I have an example of the topic which is both entertaining and true.

I dropped off my ebay shipments at the post office today in my flannel pj pants and a t-shirt. Very white-trash, I know. But the Post Office isn't exactly a Job Interview, either.

Some upitty chick driving a car plastered in democrat bumper stickers told me I was rude and incivilized for wearing pajamas in public.

I asked her if she'd like me to take them off.

Everyone had a laugh at her expense, and I got 2 phone numbers. :p

The only reason gun owners lose the wit battle, is because they're too caught up in the game. Prepared with memorized Statutes, prepared for that crusading LEO encounter, thinking about what facts and figures can be thrown out at an asshat making witty, yet outrageously stupid an immature comments.

The next time someone accuses you of having a small penis, ask them if they'd like to test that theory. Liberals are sluts, free love, man.....

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Pace wrote:

So do I. I see people carryin' a sidearm while wearin' flip-flops.

Yeah... that'll work. :banghead:
Do you have to wear combat boots to OC? I live by the beach, and prefer to wear flip flops in the summer time, OC or not. I don't think it makes much difference...
Itwill if you'll ever have to deploy or defend that pistol.