• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victim gives gun to woman who wanted to shoot him.....DUH!

jaydaves

You got that right.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_7b01a9d6-f139-11e0-b24e-001cc4c002e0.html

A Tucson girl who shot and killed an acquaintance on Mt. Lemmon last year was acquitted Friday after less than two hours of deliberations.

Deputy Pima County Attorney Carolyn Nedder had sought a negligent homicide conviction for Marisela Romero, 19, a conviction that could have resulted in as many as eight* years in prison or a probationary term.

You bet! All that needed to be proved was that a normal person in respect would not do what she did. No one in their right mind would point a gun at someone and pull the trigger of a gun they did not know was loaded it not. Just neglect that's it. And that's exactly Wut she did. But the jury was too ignorant to use the cells they have. Apparently they would have done the same thing.

jaydaves

Bro...bro....if someone says "If I had a gun I'd shoot you" and you hand them a loaded gun.....it's pretty safe to say you want to be dead.

You say that to me if one of your good friends said that in a joking manner and you had close to 18 beers under your belt and in all respect you thought she was joking. I'm not saying it was smart. No person that drinks while holding a firearm is being smart. But by no means can you jump to conclusions and say he's trying to have an assisted suicide. Shouldn't have drank and had guns.

jaydaves

DEAR LORD!!!! WHAT TYPE OF GUN WAS THIS WHERE THERE WAS NO WAY TO TELL IT WAS LOADED!?

images
^

Lemme tell ya bro it was a sad display of faking like she had no idea Wut a gun even was. It was a cheap revolver. Supposedly double and single action.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
You say that to me if one of your good friends said that in a joking manner and you had close to 18 beers under your belt and in all respect you thought she was joking. I'm not saying it was smart. No person that drinks while holding a firearm is being smart. But by no means can you jump to conclusions and say he's trying to have an assisted suicide. Shouldn't have drank and had guns.

My friends and I don't get wasted and handle firearms... neither do we "joke" about killing people...

Shouldn't have drank and had guns.
That's a fair statement, which is why people are saying this was Darwin's theory playing itself out. Only the strong/smart survive. You want to drink and handle firearms? You die off and you are not able to reproduce. It isn't a "nice" thing to say about your friend, but it is true. His stupid actions lead to his death, he will no longer be able to reproduce because of his stupid decision that night.

jaydaves

Its a forum douche

Calling someone dumb while misspelling "you're?" :lol: I lol'd.

he-mad.png

By the way its called a forum not a grammar test. Should I check my punctuation also. Or is saying also not proper English. Seriously that's your big put down? You really are a tool. I can explain the definition of that to you if you'd like. Ooh look I used an apostrophe. See your already helping my punctuation. Thank you.

jaydaves

I didnt say a thing bout it not being stupid did I

My friends and I don't get wasted and handle firearms... neither do we "joke" about killing people

That's a fair statement, which is why people are saying this was Darwin's theory playing itself out. Only the strong/smart survive. You want to drink and handle firearms? You die off and you are not able to reproduce. It isn't a "nice" thing to say about your friend, but it is true. His stupid actions lead to his death, he will no longer be able to reproduce because of his stupid decision that night.

All my comments are to people making assumptions about something they have no clue about. The real stupid ass in this case is the one who said she had no clue about how guns work but she knows where to point it and pull a trigger to fire it. He's the victim in actuality because when the gums came out he was already drunk. His judgment was impaired already. He made no decision todrink with guns around. But say Wut you'll say you'll never have any true clue to Wut happened and Wut type of person he was. And if your darwin point were true I know of a lot more idiots who should have taken their ride out long ago.

Last edited:

jaydaves

I am guessing that you have a dog in this race, so to speak.

If it is true that they were dry firing throughout the night, then it stands to reason that the only reason why the guy was shot with a loaded gun was because 1. he loaded said gun himself and 2. he was wanting to be shot with said bullet that he loaded in said gun.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if someone is dry firing at your head all night long, they won't hesitate to do it for the 50th time, even though you secretly loaded the gun.

IMHO this was an assisted suicide with the woman not realizing that she was being forced to play executioner.

BTW they weren't dry firing anything. They had been firing all night. It was already loaded when she for it. Held it for 2-3 minutes, the guys joked a bit more and she pointed it at him and pulled the trigger. If she did it on accident she's a complete moron that needs a psyche exam, or she committed murder.

NavyMike

You bet! All that needed to be proved was that a normal person in respect would not do what she did. No one in their right mind would point a gun at someone and pull the trigger of a gun they did not know was loaded it not. Just neglect that's it. And that's exactly Wut she did. But the jury was too ignorant to use the cells they have. Apparently they would have done the same thing.

If the victim was a friend or relative of yours, then I am sorry for your loss. I pray that you find peace and that some good may eventually come of this tragic death.

HandyHamlet

By the way its called a forum not a grammar test. Should I check my punctuation also. Or is saying also not proper English. Seriously that's your big put down? You really are a tool. I can explain the definition of that to you if you'd like. Ooh look I used an apostrophe. See your already helping my punctuation. Thank you.

This is why I love the internet. People helping people...

And this is the crazy thing about life too. One bro gives up his life so another can learn to write. Crazy.

Sorry, I am getting all verklempt and must exit this thread. My condolences.

Last edited:

jaydaves

I appreciate it

If the victim was a friend or relative of yours, then I am sorry for your loss. I pray that you find peace and that some good may eventually come of this tragic death.

Thanks for that. He was my family by marriage. My wifes cousin. He was a good kid. Actually very intelligent with a bright future ahead of him. Unfortunately he liked to have fun... Too much. As most teens. The problem was getting a ton of kids together with alcohol and guns. But a lot of kids learned fast that guns aren't to be played with. Sadly it had to go this far.

jaydaves

You like that huh?

This is why I love the internet. People helping people...

And this is the crazy thing about life too. One bro gives up his life so another can learn to write. Crazy.

Sorry, I am getting all verklempt and must exit this thread. My condolences.

BTW you probably had to look that up to make sure you spelled it right didn't you. Lol

Verd

Campaign Veteran
COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Totally inappropriate. Calm down if you want to stay here.

Psycho woman? Dude, I am married to a redhead woman who loves me dearly but at most times of the day doesn't particularly like me (apparently I'm annoying, I think its endearing) but I would never hand her a gun that I had loaded moments after she stated that she would shoot me if only she had a gun. Thats just asinine behavior. The only reason that I can think of why someone would give a loaded gun to someone else directly after they stated a wish to shoot them would be because they wanted to get shot. I am sorry if that pains you to think of a family member or friend in this light, but truth and logic must prevail over emotions. Common sense, really.

Kimminau told jurors Romero had no way to know the gun was loaded — most “reasonable” people wouldn’t hand a loaded gun to someone who had just told them they would shoot them.

In addition, someone repeatedly fired an empty air pistol in Romero’s face earlier that night, and she merely felt the air rushing past her, Kimminau said.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Bro...bro....if someone says "If I had a gun I'd shoot you" and you hand them a loaded gun.....it's pretty safe to say you want to be dead.

+1

No, she was in her right mind. She gave a threat, "I will shoot you if I had a gun", and then was given the opportunity to follow through with said threat.

The one who was not in their right mind, for whatever reason, was the guy who gave her the loaded gun in order to let an angry woman shoot him with his own gun.

BTW they weren't dry firing anything. They had been firing all night. It was already loaded when she for it. Held it for 2-3 minutes, the guys joked a bit more and she pointed it at him and pulled the trigger. If she did it on accident she's a complete moron that needs a psyche exam, or she committed murder.

The reports state that there was at least one dry fire at the woman's face. No mentions of any firearms being discharged besides the one that killed the man.

Look. It bears repeating here, but if someone is angry at you and states "if I had a gun/knife/bat/attack dog/ect. right now, I would use it on you." and then you give that angry person exactly what they asked for, you really have no right to be confused by your own stupidity when you are attacked with said weapon.

Last edited:

jaydaves

Psycho woman? Dude, I am married to a redhead woman who loves me dearly but at most times of the day doesn't particularly like me (apparently I'm annoying, I think its endearing) but I would never hand her a gun that I had loaded moments after she stated that she would shoot me if only she had a gun. Thats just asinine behavior. The only reason that I can think of why someone would give a loaded gun to someone else directly after they stated a wish to shoot them would be because they wanted to get shot. I am sorry if that pains you to think of a family member or friend in this light, but truth and logic must prevail over emotions. Common sense, really.

You are scratching at the same post. I am not saying it was smart or right. Wut I am saying is regardless she committed murder and yes she is a psycho. But it wasn't any arguing, any yelling. It was done as friends razing friends. But you can't compare your actions to his because he was intoxicated. I will say this again: I am not saying he wasn't wrong. Wut I'm saying is that alcohol and guns don't mix. Any man that gets brave when he drinks can get destroyed if their are guns and flappin happenin. But she's still a psycho because she wasn't drinking so she had a clear head.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
You are scratching at the same post. I am not saying it was smart or right. Wut I am saying is regardless she committed murder and yes she is a psycho. But it wasn't any arguing, any yelling. It was done as friends razing friends. But you can't compare your actions to his because he was intoxicated. I will say this again: I am not saying he wasn't wrong. Wut I'm saying is that alcohol and guns don't mix. Any man that gets brave when he drinks can get destroyed if their are guns and flappin happenin. But she's still a psycho because she wasn't drinking so she had a clear head.

I agree that alcohol + guns don't mix (or any drug + guns for that matter). But not knowing gun safety doesn't make one a psycho. Nor does it make you a murderer if someone else, another friend, dry-fired at your head earlier in the evening and nothing happened. I dare say, in my uninformed younger days, I would have assumed that all guns brought to the party were equally as dangerous.. i.e. not at all based on the dry-fire. Nor would I ever EVER think that someone would hand me a loaded gun right after I said I wanted to shoot them. At best, I would think it was a morbid joke, i.e. pulling the trigger and TADA! nothing happens... everyone gets a laugh and the tension goes away. But unfortunatly, that is not what happened. Why in the world would the guy hand over a a gun that was loaded and ready to fire with just light squeeze of the finger? Its sheer stupidity that surely was accented by the alcohol in his system.

I have to agree with the jury. She was not a murderer nor was she a psycho, as you so delicately put it. It was a tragic accident that was caused by lack of knowledge of gun safety, alcohol, and an apparent desire to be shot by an angry woman.

slowfiveoh

BTW you probably had to look that up to make sure you spelled it right didn't you. Lol

I think you will find most individuals on here articulate and well spoken. I also think you will find their vocabularies diverse, and their thesauruses well used.

None of us wish to fling salt into your wound, but with that said, this is a pretty obvious case of ignorance and stupidity. You can make allusions as to how smart your cousin-by-marriage was, but getting on here with half backwards ghetto slang mixed with terrible texting habits presents an image of yourself and, potentially, of your family.

Do your now departed love one a courtesy and speak like a grown up, and knock off the denigration.

I think a lot can be gleaned from this:

#1. Guns are never, ever, ever to be treated as playthings, regardless of how smart you, or one of your cousins by marriage, says you are.

#2. Mass consumption of alcohol and handling of a firearm is a pretty bad combination.

Honestly, truthfully, who hands a gun to somebody who already declares their intent to shoot them? Really?

There is no way you can slice this melon. A ton of immature irresponsible actions got him shot with his own firearm. None of which were the alcohol, the firearms, or the friends fault.

Who's friends play with each other by dry firing firearms at each other and declaring that they want to shoot each other anyways? Sounds like an extremely poor "friendship".

jaydaves

well first you need more than your amount of info

I agree that alcohol + guns don't mix (or any drug + guns for that matter). But not knowing gun safety doesn't make one a psycho. Nor does it make you a murderer if someone else, another friend, dry-fired at your head earlier in the evening and nothing happened. I dare say, in my uninformed younger days, I would have assumed that all guns brought to the party were equally as dangerous.. i.e. not at all based on the dry-fire. Nor would I ever EVER think that someone would hand me a loaded gun right after I said I wanted to shoot them. At best, I would think it was a morbid joke, i.e. pulling the trigger and TADA! nothing happens... everyone gets a laugh and the tension goes away. But unfortunatly, that is not what happened. Why in the world would the guy hand over a a gun that was loaded and ready to fire with just light squeeze of the finger? Its sheer stupidity that surely was accented by the alcohol in his system.

I have to agree with the jury. She was not a murderer nor was she a psycho, as you so delicately put it. It was a tragic accident that was caused by lack of knowledge of gun safety, alcohol, and an apparent desire to be shot by an angry woman.

First she was not on trial for murder. She was on trial for criminal negligent homicide. I will say again no one was dry firing the gun in her face. They had several guns up there including an air soft CO2 gun. That is Wut they put by her face not in it. Second they were shooting the other gun, the one she fired, all night, with her knowing it. Next she held the gun in her hand and said she was thinking to herself that she was about to shoot a gun. Now negligence is nothing more than what a normal person would consider. She took the gun, she held it in her hand, she looked at it for a few minutes, pointed it at the individual she was mad at, and pulled the trigger, at full pull may I add. The hammer was not in locked back position. So she had roughly a 5 or 6 pound trigger pull. Now would anyone take a gun not knowing whether it was loaded or not, point it at a person and pull the trigger. Keep in mind its based on what an average person would do. They would not do that. I mean my children are more intelligent than that. They know to not point guns at people. Especially pull the trigger. It's common sense. That's Wut she was on trial for was the neglect not murder. She did not use common sense. You do not point a gun at, toward a person and pull the trigger. The normal average person would think more and that was Wut she was accused of. So if you disagree your saying that if someone came up to you and handed you a fun you would point it at them, not knowing whether it was loaded, not asking if it was loaded, and then pulling the trigger while aiming at them.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
First she was not on trial for murder. She was on trial for criminal negligent homicide. I will say again no one was dry firing the gun in her face. They had several guns up there including an air soft CO2 gun. That is Wut they put by her face not in it. Second they were shooting the other gun, the one she fired, all night, with her knowing it. Next she held the gun in her hand and said she was thinking to herself that she was about to shoot a gun. Now negligence is nothing more than what a normal person would consider. She took the gun, she held it in her hand, she looked at it for a few minutes, pointed it at the individual she was mad at, and pulled the trigger, at full pull may I add. The hammer was not in locked back position. So she had roughly a 5 or 6 pound trigger pull. Now would anyone take a gun not knowing whether it was loaded or not, point it at a person and pull the trigger. Keep in mind its based on what an average person would do. They would not do that. I mean my children are more intelligent than that. They know to not point guns at people. Especially pull the trigger. It's common sense. That's Wut she was on trial for was the neglect not murder. She did not use common sense. You do not point a gun at, toward a person and pull the trigger. The normal average person would think more and that was Wut she was accused of. So if you disagree your saying that if someone came up to you and handed you a fun you would point it at them, not knowing whether it was loaded, not asking if it was loaded, and then pulling the trigger while aiming at them.

I hate to be one of those guys who determine's someone's worth by their post count, but I am going to do it here simply because you are giving out details that was not in either story and were not in the recollection of events by another member here who has been here much longer than you and also claims kinship.

i know some of the family of the shooter personally, and the guy that was killed is my cousin's in-law. It's actually much worse than what the article says.

Apparently the reason she thought the gun was not loaded was that they had all been drinking and "playing" with unloaded guns all night. Apparently they had been dry firing some revolvers at each other's heads all night, so she thought the gun was still unloaded.

I am going to go with Dahwg's version of the events, based on post count and based on his ability to type in complete sentences without slang. Sorry, but I just got back from a teacher conference where I was told that my daughter needed speech thereapy because the issues she has with vocalizing her words make her sound less intelligent. It works with text as well.

Now, on to the rest of your post (since your story of the events are different from the stories and from Dahwg's):

The averge person has no clue about their rights and have no clue about gun safety. I, personally, grew up with every toy gun in the world available to me (or so it seemed). I also have three BB guns and a sling shot.. I used to run all over our land (6 acres) and the neighborhood with my BB guns and slingshot, shooting at everything and anything. My dad told stories of when he was a kid he and his friends used to have BB gun wars, wearing heavy jackets and using pump action BB guns to give them more penetrating power. He still has a number of BB's under his skin. I did the same with my friends as a result. The only time I fired a real gun was with my father, and it was only one shot with a 20g shotgun and 6 shots with a 45 colt revolver. This was at around 8 years old. Now, as a teenager, I was into alcohol and drugs and we often partied with a bonfire as well as a lake 20 feet away from us. We did all sorts of stupid **** with gasoline, luckily noone ever got seriously harmed. After parties, people would wake up in the middle of the lake on a raft! We were stupid teens, this is clear. But we never played with guns, even though they were available to us. However, if we had gotten into our heads to play with unloaded guns and dry firing them, I would have done it as well. If someone had handed me a gun to fire, in anger or not, at someone else it stands to reason that I would dry fire it as well without checking to see if it was unloaded.

The thing I am trying to convey here is that the average person has no clue about guns. The average person would be well within their rights to believe that a gun is not loaded if all the other guns used that evening were unloaded and dry firing or simple airsoft guns. And, now pay attention because this is the clincher here that the jury saw as well, the average person would never think that they would be handed a live gun after stating that they wanted to shoot someone.

jaydaves

I think you will find most individuals on here articulate and well spoken. I also think you will find their vocabularies diverse, and their thesauruses well used

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Totally inappropriate. Calm down if you want to stay here.