• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should NON US citizens get Concealed permits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyMike

not exactly...All persons BORN or NATURALIZED...it doesnt say anything about permanent residency.

It's the last part of Amndt XIV Sect 1 that has been used to extend the meaning beyond citizens, in settled case law:

"..... Nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

dizzle2

It's the last part of Amndt XIV Sect 1 that has been used to extend the meaning beyond citizens, in settled case law:

"..... Nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

which would include children and 18y old us citizens

FMCDH

There is a reason why the word "protection" is used and not "application" or another more generic word.

NavyMike

which would include children and 18y old us citizens

No argument here, :D

I'm still not sure why some believe that because one group (>18s) are denied a constitutional right, it justifies denying the same right to another group. By strengthen and affirming one group's right, we strengthen our own.

dizzle2

No argument here, :D

I'm still not sure why some believe that because one group (>18s) are denied a constitutional right, it justifies denying the same right to another group. By strengthen and affirming one group's right, we strengthen our own.
agreed. i just think it should be the other way around. adults first and then non-citizens

NavyMike

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I think they should be able to. If I remember correctly I could be wrong but a Canadian guy who was on this forum, said they used to be able to get Utah permit. And carry were allowed.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

In simple form....YES.

Last edited:

dizzle2

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

In simple form....YES.

last time i checked, right to bear arms isnt a human right "endowed by our creator"

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

In simple form....YES.

last time i checked, right to bear arms isnt a human right "endowed by our creator"

I would disagree. Certainly 'life' is an unalienable right. My protection of my life is endowed by my Creator and my choice of how I defend my life is unalienable. Governments are instituted among men, but the gift of life by my Creator stands well above any law the government can muster. I will pursue my happiness and my liberty to the ends of this earth. I would expect any visitor to this country (with all due apologies to the natives of North America) to do the same. And until a visitor has done harm to another, I would expect him to be armed at all times. It is indeed his duty to be armed at all times. (credit T.J.)

dizzle2

I would disagree. Certainly 'life' is an unalienable right. My protection of my life is endowed by my Creator and my choice of how I defend my life is unalienable. Governments are instituted among men, but the gift of life by my Creator stands well above any law the government can muster. I will pursue my happiness and my liberty to the ends of this earth. I would expect any visitor to this country (with all due apologies to the natives of North America) to do the same. And until a visitor has done harm to another, I would expect him to be armed at all times. It is indeed his duty to be armed at all times. (credit T.J.)

good luck trying to protect yourself with a rocket launcher, full auto machine guns and claymores. and no no no, thats not how it works, or else everywhere in the world would allow their citizens to have weapons...but they dont

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

good luck trying to protect yourself with a rocket launcher, full auto machine guns and claymores. and no no no, thats not how it works, or else everywhere in the world would allow their citizens to have weapons...but they dont

Since I did not bring up any of the weapons you mention I will hold your argument as empty. None of those devices are designed to protect life in self defense. They are offensive weapons. Trying to distract is a failed and poor attempt when the argument is lost.

My Creator is where the right to keep and bear arms comes from, no where else.

dizzle2

Since I did not bring up any of the weapons you mention I will hold your argument as empty. None of those devices are designed to protect life in self defense. They are offensive weapons. Trying to distract is a failed and poor attempt when the argument is lost.

My Creator is where the right to keep and bear arms comes from, no where else.
except that is your interpretation of it and not at all what it means. like i said, if it was a human right, then everyone would already have it

Status
Not open for further replies.