• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Become a FL Senator

j4l

The official press release announcing crash's run is just about ready. As soon as it has been approved, ill post it here.
:p

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
The official press release announcing crash's run is just about ready. As soon as it has been approved, ill post it here.
:p

Let me add: it's looking beautiful so far. A couple of tweaks and it's on its way. J and Crash have done an amazing job up to this point.

Soon, we'll be seeking your support as well, so stay tuned.

Last edited:

77zach

Let me add: it's looking beautiful so far. A couple of tweaks and it's on its way. J and Crash have done an amazing job up to this point.

Soon, we'll be seeking your support as well, so stay tuned.

The initiative of you all is an example of what has the best chance of making this country a freer place. Taking back local and state government. Rolling back the power of the state on important issues.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I hope you aren't overwhelmed with the great many other issues you'll have to deal with. Supporting Open Carry isn't the only thing a Legislator does...

j4l

I hope you aren't overwhelmed with the great many other issues you'll have to deal with. Supporting Open Carry isn't the only thing a Legislator does...

Actually no, not at all. There are quiet a few issues above and beyond just the Open Carry/2A items that we're planning to hit on. The OC will ,however, be a big priority with us, of course-and will remain a TOP one.
But there's def. a lot more than this. And Crash has a lot of good ideas for tackling some of these other issues, as well as a lot of good ideas for some issues not presently being addressed by our representatives.
When he, Jojo and his lovely partner and I had our sit-down, we went over a very very wide range of topics and issues, and laid the foundations for quiet a few items.

A sampling of some of those issues will be highlighted in the press release, some others are covered in his forum, and more will be revealed at points later on in the campaign. Also, Crash has some ideas for some of his own bills that he will want to introduce if/when -I like to say WHEN-(contrary to the advice of legal counsel-lol-kidding Jojo) gets into office.

Overwhelming? Sure, to an extent-but challenging, and strangely, it's been quiet fun and interesting, thus far. The daunting/overwhelming thing is all the nuts-n-bolts crap one has to do to run. The administrative/rules/ etc side of it just to get going-BUT- Crash is tackling these well-and we're documenting all these little things.

They def. dont make it easy-for a layman to get up and run- at least not figuring it all out from scratch-but we are willing to pave the way, to do the recon, and relay that info out for any other candidates willing to step up for their districts ,so as to get some of that initial leg-work out of the way for those who follow.
What assistance I can offer on that is available to those willing to hop on the ride and come kick some ass along with us. ;)

crashnjax

Actually no, not at all. There are quiet a few issues above and beyond just the Open Carry/2A items that we're planning to hit on. The OC will ,however, be a big priority with us, of course-and will remain a TOP one.
But there's def. a lot more than this. And Crash has a lot of good ideas for tackling some of these other issues, as well as a lot of good ideas for some issues not presently being addressed by our representatives.
When he, Jojo and his lovely partner and I had our sit-down, we went over a very very wide range of topics and issues, and laid the foundations for quiet a few items.

A sampling of some of those issues will be highlighted in the press release, some others are covered in his forum, and more will be revealed at points later on in the campaign. Also, Crash has some ideas for some of his own bills that he will want to introduce if/when -I like to say WHEN-(contrary to the advice of legal counsel-lol-kidding Jojo) gets into office.

Overwhelming? Sure, to an extent-but challenging, and strangely, it's been quiet fun and interesting, thus far. The daunting/overwhelming thing is all the nuts-n-bolts crap one has to do to run. The administrative/rules/ etc side of it just to get going-BUT- Crash is tackling these well-and we're documenting all these little things.

They def. dont make it easy-for a layman to get up and run- at least not figuring it all out from scratch-but we are willing to pave the way, to do the recon, and relay that info out for any other candidates willing to step up for their districts ,so as to get some of that initial leg-work out of the way for those who follow.
What assistance I can offer on that is available to those willing to hop on the ride and come kick some ass along with us. ;)

Me likey:monkey:banana::exclaim:

crashnjax

I am looking for any volunteers that would like to help me. Preferr people who live in duval , st johns, flagler, putnam and volusia counties. hit me up via private message if your truly interested in donating your time.

j4l

Official. And going out to press/media possibly today. You folks get it first.
Keep in mind formatting is considerably skewed-in here- from the actual print version.

John Strifler announces his run for District 1, Florida Senate -2012

John Strifler, Jacksonville resident, and State employee, has entered the 2012 race for the Florida Senate, for District 1.John Strifler,aged 33, has been a Florida resident for 11 years, 10 of those with his wife, Jessica. John and Jessica are Pro-Adoption, and in the process of adopting a child.
Mr. Strifler is running as a Non Party Affiliation candidate in order to best serve the interests of all voters in the District.

John Strifler intends to bring a fresh perspective to Florida's government, by making every effort to be a more accessible Senator through direct and open interaction with the voters. Mr. Strifler desires frequent input and feedback from the voters of the community by means of social media, an internet forum, where voters can post questions and comments to the Senator, and by direct contact.
John wants voters to become more actively engaged in the legislative affairs of their communities, and hopes to provide the most effective representation of those voters through their input.

John Strifler plans to advocate hard for :
The working men and women of Florida, including the State employees, and to ease restrictions currently in place which make it financially difficult for someone to open or start their own business. John also wishes to fight to restore the FRS system for State employees, and for those who have relied on this system for their retirement.

The Constitutional rights of Florida citizens and law-abiding gun owners of Florida, to include working towards the return of Open Carry rights, which were once again abolished recently, with the failure of SB 234. Whenever any issue comes before John, he will side with the Constitutional rights of the citizens over the wishes of big-money lobbying groups.

The men and women who serve our communities in Florida's Law-Enforcement and Corrections fields. John seeks to roll-back or end the practice of the privatization of prisons,which results in the unemployment of many Florida workers.

The encouragement of Florida's government to seek alternative fuel and energy resources, as opposed to off-shore drilling along our coasts.

The pursuit of comprehensive Immigration reform, to include more effective enforcement of existing immigration laws.

John Strifler looks forward to this race, and to becoming District 1's next Senator.
Mr. Strifler is ready to begin accepting petition signatures and campaign contributions towards this race, and is looking to accept volunteers to assist in this campaign.

For more information and to post direct questions or comments to John Strifler, join and register at:
http://johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com/index.cgi

John Strifler: A common man by the people, FOR the people.

crashnjax

Official. And going out to press/media possibly today. You folks get it first.
Keep in mind formatting is considerably skewed-in here- from the actual print version.

John Strifler announces his run for District 1, Florida Senate -2012

John Strifler, Jacksonville resident, and State employee, has entered the 2012 race for the Florida Senate, for District 1.John Strifler,aged 33, has been a Florida resident for 11 years, 10 of those with his wife, Jessica. John and Jessica are Pro-Adoption, and in the process of adopting a child.
Mr. Strifler is running as a Non Party Affiliation candidate in order to best serve the interests of all voters in the District.

John Strifler intends to bring a fresh perspective to Florida's government, by making every effort to be a more accessible Senator through direct and open interaction with the voters. Mr. Strifler desires frequent input and feedback from the voters of the community by means of social media, an internet forum, where voters can post questions and comments to the Senator, and by direct contact.
John wants voters to become more actively engaged in the legislative affairs of their communities, and hopes to provide the most effective representation of those voters through their input.

John Strifler plans to advocate hard for :
The working men and women of Florida, including the State employees, and to ease restrictions currently in place which make it financially difficult for someone to open or start their own business. John also wishes to fight to restore the FRS system for State employees, and for those who have relied on this system for their retirement.

The Constitutional rights of Florida citizens and law-abiding gun owners of Florida, to include working towards the return of Open Carry rights, which were once again abolished recently, with the failure of SB 234. Whenever any issue comes before John, he will side with the Constitutional rights of the citizens over the wishes of big-money lobbying groups.

The men and women who serve our communities in Florida's Law-Enforcement and Corrections fields. John seeks to roll-back or end the practice of the privatization of prisons,which results in the unemployment of many Florida workers.

The encouragement of Florida's government to seek alternative fuel and energy resources, as opposed to off-shore drilling along our coasts.

The pursuit of comprehensive Immigration reform, to include more effective enforcement of existing immigration laws.

John Strifler looks forward to this race, and to becoming District 1's next Senator.
Mr. Strifler is ready to begin accepting petition signatures and campaign contributions towards this race, and is looking to accept volunteers to assist in this campaign.

For more information and to post direct questions or comments to John Strifler, join and register at:
http://johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com/index.cgi

John Strifler: A common man by the people, FOR the people.

Thanks for your hard work on this.

crashnjax

Keep in mind:

Issue with privatization in prisons is almost like issue with privatization in schools
With what i seen last night, I fully agree. The school boards must be making something behind the publics back. I know that in 2010 1 Superintendent of Dade county made $330,502 for a single years salary. The Commissioner of Education made $275,000 for a year. Now keep in mind that this was in 2010. Makes you wonder what they will get this year. Yet they cut education, right? Not. They will cut teachers and other items, but they wont touch these Com., or Sups. Wonder why.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
With what i seen last night, I fully agree. The school boards must be making something behind the publics back. I know that in 2010 1 Superintendent of Dade county made $330,502 for a single years salary. The Commissioner of Education made $275,000 for a year. Now keep in mind that this was in 2010. Makes you wonder what they will get this year. Yet they cut education, right? Not. They will cut teachers and other items, but they wont touch these Com., or Sups. Wonder why.

The fun part of it is, he (Mr. Crews) was performing a monstrous job, and when the board finally got around to firing him they had to pay his contractual buyout clause (which was in excess of a million $). Teachers are going on their sixth year without a raise in Dade. When I was a teacher (about 15 years ago), raises were automatic and we earned wages that were livable. It's very different now.

crashnjax

The fun part of it is, he (Mr. Crews) was performing a monstrous job, and when the board finally got around to firing him they had to pay his contractual buyout clause (which was in excess of a million $). Teachers are going on their sixth year without a raise in Dade. When I was a teacher (about 15 years ago), raises were automatic and we earned wages that were livable. It's very different now.
Like i said i am in agreement. Aside fight for true education, i will address this problem as well.

crashnjax

Yes I am. But I am unsure as to whether I can accept contributions from outside Florida. As soon as I get my answer from the Div. Of Elections. I will let you know. :cool:

Here is my 1st ever video. This is my campaign intro video. Yes i know it very low tech. If any one is willing to volunteer their time and better video equipment please let me know. :dude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRF6cyMiXfE