• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HARDBALLER got me in trouble today.

hardballer

I am working on transcribing from my audio recorder.

You guys have the right idea. Before I read all your posts, I was telling me dad that I HAVE to do an Open Carrry Picnic in Alma. That community needs some education. We can take donations for Animal Rescue. How about that?

Hardballer, if you want to finish the story, please do. I am really busy until Sunday.
Yup. Will do.

hardballer

Did I read it correctly, that this obviously deranged person followed you two into a business with the purpose of causing a scene, and you were asked to leave?

And, if he felt so uncomfortable in the bank with you in there, why did he follow you in, into the place where he 'felt uncomfortable?'
Yep, that is correct. I didn't actually get that till MKEgal's post. Not setting well with that...

BROKENSPROKET

I got the audio all trimmed down. Now I just have to learn how to make a Youtube video.

(FACEPALM) I had my phone in my hand. I should have taken a picture of the loon.

I am going to submit an ORR and get this guys name.

Last edited:

hardballer

I got the audio all trimmed down. Now I just have to learn how to make a Youtube video.

(FACEPALM) I had my phone in my hand. I should have taken a picture of the loon.

I am going to submit an ORR and get this guys name.
Sounds like a plan...

Here's the rest of the story...

So we sat on the park bench to calm down and enjoy the day a bit. Beautiful sunny day and a view of the river. As we were chatting about recent events, I noticed that a Sheriff's Inspector in an unmarked Chevy Blazer pulled up and ran into the bank. Shortly there after, he ran out to his Blazer and made a U-turn in the road and parked in front of the two of us, still sitting on the park bench. There goes our view.

I recognized the fellow and he smiled, got out and said hello. He said he had been at the Kwik Trip (about a mile away) hadn't received a call but several people had run in making a fuss “OMG two guys with guns at the bank”!

Thought he should look into that. He asked what happened, we related the events. Shortly after he arrived, A marked Sheriff's Patrol joined the party. I knew this deputy as well. I had worked with her on an animal rescue case involving abuse (we got the guy). I waved and said hello Terry, she returned the wave then began to discuss the goings on with the investigator.

At this point, the City Police Chief pulled up in a very cool looking Dodge charger. All blacked out with one of those narrow light bars on top. I had spoken at length with this fella some time ago. The gangs all here. Now the entire police force is parked in front of our view.

The three of them now are intently discussing what happened, Brokensprocket and I still on the park bench soaking in the sunshine. When a private citizen arrives on the scene and stands up for us. She remarks that these guys did nothing wrong. They were just minding there own business. Etc. etc.

The Police Chief then goes into the bank and checks out the 'story', comes out and announces the bank has no problem with us. “No problem at all”. At this time the story comes to an end because there was no problem. Not with us or with the bank. Just one Batcrap crazzzzzy Bleep-bleep... who conveniently disappeared...

Nope, no one was cited. Especially not the Batcrap crazzzzzy Bleep-bleep who Stalked us, threatened to follow us around town and make a scene in every store or gallery that we entered, and made a scene, arguably disturbing the piece in the bank and on the street as well as spitting on me while he was yelling at me from six inches in front of my face. I'm still not done with this. Got to chew on it for a bit.

It occurs to me as it has to others, if he was so threatened, why was he accosting two armed citizens, yelling obscenities and waving his arms about like a crazy fool. It doesn't make sense. Nor does it make sense that we were the focus of this hysterical event when we were the calm, cool and collected citizens going about our law abiding business. We were asked to leave a bank to calm a crazy person down instead of them calling the police for the crazy person. Then we were questioned by Police over the incident and it was non-consensual.

Welcome to Buffalo County. City of Alma. Wisconsin. Fountain City is much, much worse. Same county. Maybe it's something the water. So if you come here bring your own bottled water.

Hardballer out!

Last edited:

littlewolf

You get the date and time set (Preferably on a saturday) and I will show up with Bullets on. I will even wear my Vets 4 Vets shirt and my OIF/OEF Veteran hat. That way when we run into this loon we can have a new kind of conversation. lol

I am ok with putting ***** Vets in their place. I have done that a time or two, and I usually end up being friends with them as a result/ But soething tells e that I would not have that chance with this pecker head. I even have a couple other real deal combat vets that I am betting would attend with bullets on.

You know how to find me when you get this together. lol

I'm for it ,Viet Nam / Desert Storm hat and ,,wait XD or 1911,XD ,1911 Oh well maybe one on each side !
keep us informed.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Sounds Like A Worthwhile Trip!

It's a long drive for me but I think the trip would be worth it. It is about 300 miles to Alma from Kenosha.

Sunday's are better for me but Saturday is OK too.

Oh, and I will have my video recorder with me just in case we run into the crazy guy again.

It would have been great to have seen the lunatic flapping around like an idiot and then posting the entire video on YouTube!

XDFDE45

Wow, just wow! Although I must say I applaud how you two handled it. My first reaction would have been to tear into the guy but then the twisted side would have taken over and had some fun with this guy. Whack jobs like this are sooooooo much fun when in that kind of state. Just explain to them that is legal and protected by our Constitution and how carry is actually a deterrent to crime since criminals will think twice about committing a crime against someone who is carrying. Then just sit back and watch the hysterics. Once that little vein in the temple starts throbbing you know you did your job well :p.

Vandil

Can't argue with crazy... I probably would have gotten my phone out after the second place he followed me into raising a stink.

CalicoJack10

HooYah LittleWolf! I love getting together with other vets who will stand and put those that make the rest of us look bad on notice that we are not gonna sit around and let them trash us all by acting like nutcases.

M

McX

damn shame the nut case didnt get a disorderly conduct ticket, based on totality of circumstances for sure.

hardballer

Racine,Wisconsin…the 185th most dangerous city in America. McX, You're just not tryin' hard enough ...

Thats unreal. I wonder how things would have panned out had you not known the local LEO?
I suspect not nearly so well. Considering how badly bashed I was in Fountain City. That turd had his sidearm unstrapped and his hand on his gun. The idiot freaked out over an empty holster. My gun was in a case in the car and The fountain City clown was ready to rock and roll. Still dealing with a false police report from him.

I'm for it ,Viet Nam / Desert Storm hat and ,,wait XD or 1911,XD ,1911 Oh well maybe one on each side !
keep us informed.
Cool! I like one on each side. Close enough to flag day. Might be nice to have a couple AR15s hangin' over some shoulders at this get-together...

I wish i could have been there, sounds like fun
Wish you were too. The more that merrier...

Wow, just wow! Although I must say I applaud how you two handled it. My first reaction would have been to tear into the guy but then the twisted side would have taken over and had some fun with this guy. Whack jobs like this are sooooooo much fun when in that kind of state. Just explain to them that is legal and protected by our Constitution and how carry is actually a deterrent to crime since criminals will think twice about committing a crime against someone who is carrying. Then just sit back and watch the hysterics. Once that little vein in the temple starts throbbing you know you did your job well :p.
I would have loved to say some of that stuff but I could not get a word in edgewise, not even in the bank while I was talking to the teller, he was in the background screaming and yelling constantly. This was a textbook liberal hit job...Both with the guy and the police. He followed us in to the bank and out of the bank. We were fleeing from the scene of a crazy man and could not escape.

What amazes me is the contrast. Batpoopie crazy (suspected drunk) gets preferential treatment by apparently both the bank and the police dept. and the two law abiding citizens, very calm (even with a cappuccino under our belts) minding their own flipping business, are asked to leave the bank because the crazy person is crazy! Meanwhile outside the bank, the law abiding citizens are cornered by the cops as we were suspiciously sitting on a park bench, relaxing, watching the river flow by, catching a few rays... then subjected to an Albeit semi cordial but sneaky questioning. It was non-consensual, even though I knew these guys. I did not appreciate being surround by a bunch of cops and actually surrounded by their cars. What might have onlookers thought. And the detriment to my character. They certainly had not surrounded the crazy guy. He had slithered away.

No one should have to live in fear, just walking down the street. Unless you live past "a hundred and tenth street". This is the same police dept. that hung up on my wife's 911 call a few months ago while I was having what I thought was a heart attack. It was life threatening and they hung up. Every second counted. The same Sheriff's dept. told me; after I made a 911 call concerning shots fired, that it was Ok, the Packers won.

There is no lack of crazies around her so you are certain to meet a few. Last year I had a personal stalker follow me around town to every store I went to and eventually yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs, in the stores. He eventually threatened my life and I attempted to obtain a restraining order but one of the cops that I thought was my friend, falsified my police report and the judge, a liberal hack, appointed to the position, Previously the prosecutor, now judge Duvall, for Buffalo County, denied the restraining order and told me that death threats are protected speech and I shouldn't be upsetting people by wearing a gun and if he had his way, no one would be able to even have a gun. He suggested that my gun incited the crazy person and I should avoid him and behave like an adult. I really felt like I got justice there. (sarcasm) what do you think?

So it is purty clear they would like me to reside elsewhere and I'm sure they definitely do not want any of my friends to visit. You You'all carry guns. Having a get-together would really pull on their tether and there would be much vain popping to be had... But we'd all have fun...'Cause we're a fun bunch of folk. I'd love it... Patriots, Veterans and Cowboys, men and women are most welcome. I'd encourage veterans to show their military pride if they so choose to. Thank you.

What do you guys think about the date above? Is it to soon, to close to the 4th? Should we be looking at the end of July instead? Sooner the better but I have never arranged a get-together like this so any and all help would be appreciated. Pointers welcome. For me, the sooner the better.

Last edited: