• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HARDBALLER got me in trouble today.

goforlow

Crap, I want to go to this, but on June 25th, our buddy Harry Nutczak is having a "bring your dog to lunch" at his restaurant in Minocqua. With our new puppy, I have to take her to this for some great socialization training!

Last edited:

afterimages

Hey - which restaurant? We get up there a couple times a year. We really like the Minocqua area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oliverclotheshoff

Most other states, it's only legal to cross in a crosswalk or at a corner and with the light (or if there is no light, then not jumping out in front of traffic).
Here in WI, crossing against the light or outside of a crosswalk is generally legal,
BUT the pedestrian has to yield to traffic.
The only time a pedestrian in WI has right of way is in a crosswalk, with the light (or if there is no light, then again, not jumping out in front of traffic).
(See WI stat. 346.23 - 346.25)

true but remember this when crossing the street if you are hit by a motorist and you are not in a crosswalk then the motorist can file charges against you and also would probably win if he decided to sue, but if you are hit and in a crosswalk then it would be the opposite effect the pedestrian would have all the upper hands. i had a very in depth conversation with both a wi dells cop and a sauk county deputy on seperate occasions both were very knowledgable and good to go with law abiding citzens carrying firearms.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

You're armed, he's not. You're going to convince the DA that he was a "threat" to you? An annoyance, perhaps, but a threat that needed to be physically subdued? There's a disparity of force in your favor so you run a substantial risk of being perceived as the aggressor. Good luck in court with that plan.

I wouldn't recommend getting involved with a citizens arrest unless you had witnessed a felony or serious misdemeanor, or had been asked to help effect an arrest by a law enforcement officer. Cops are hired to do the dirty work. Let 'em.

This would not be about being armed or not, as long as the firearm does not come into play it is a non-issue. And the idea of showing an escalation of force on his part going from taunting to a physical demeanor that indicated potential for use of physical force would be easly arguable.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
as long as the firearm does not come into play it is a non-issue.

Hardly a non-issue. Walk into a bank or store and tell them "give me all your money" and never touch or even mention your holstered gun. See how much of a non-issue it is when you're charged with armed robbery.

Words alone do no harm to you, and won't be perceived by anyone else as a immanent threat, particularly when you're armed and the opponent is not armed.

Putting someone on the ground who has only had words with you makes you the physical aggressor. Allowing yourself to get sucked into an argument with somebody who doesn't like your gun is a bad move. Walk away or call the police and let them handle it.

M

McX

only in my home, or place of business, based on my understanding of the coming laws. damn shame, makes one a whimp in life, but at least a whimp that aint in jail.

i have a backbone, and i can use it when my wife says i can.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Iimprove our image?

Ok. Lets go with June 25th, a Saturday and I will update with details. I suspect a start time of noonish till whenever is good and we can add from there. Any ideas of how to deal with food? Just post them here. I was unable to contact the legion today but I will try again. Also there is a gun club just outside of town with a very nice range and field house. We could incorporate a day of shooting with camaraderie and maybe do a Main street walkabout in Alma... I was unable to contact the gun club either. No one has a message machine. Geeze. Anyway, post ideas.
It looks like some of us are going to carpool up from the SE stateline area. I was just wondering, if we get enough people showing up, would you like to do some public service project just to improve our image in Alma? We could pick up trash, or cut weeds, or help an elderly person with something that needs doing, all the while wearing our sidearms.

hardballer

Park Pavilion reserved.

Rieck's Lake Park, Alma WI Map ... click here: http://bit.ly/m0E14l If you use satellite view, you can see the North pavilion and the general area. Plenty of picnic tables, Plenty of area to tailgate. Covered picnic area. Porta-potties. Playground close-by. Alma is less than a mile away. Rieck's lake is famous for the white swans and Pelicans. Never realized how big pelicans are.

Alma features many curio/antique shoppes, A leather shoppe, a small Harley shoppe, a old style bakery, many restaurants, Kwik Trip, eagle watch and very nice coffee shoppe. Many of the restaurants serve liquor so I am going to ask for written permission to carry in them and will provide a list of those who comply.

As for a public works project, not sure about that.

Last edited:

Krusty

I'd REALLY like to attend this one, BUT, I have a family reunion on the 25th! Wouldn't it be great to have a 2 day overnight get together!!?? And those that traveled so far to get to this beautiful part of the state could relax a bit before making the return trip.