• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penninsula Open Carry BBQ - June 25

DEROS72

I would attend also if not Bill and I prior commitments for tri cities.We don't get a chance to meet folks out that way often.
We are trying to get more folks involved and I commend Craig for diving into this and getting involved .I have been around for a long time now and there are many who have never planned anything and or don't even attend.So again I support everything Craig is doing out there to further this cause so to speak and get the info out there.

44mag vietvet

Thanks to 1245A Defender

Well then, Hi,,, and welcome to the forum!
will all of you be checking in here and saying your hellos?
How did the five of you guys manage to get together in the first place?
I hope that a real good turnout for the BBQ will turn up,
i wish more folks would chime in and commit to coming,
especially since sempercarry has decided to put off the university place meet.

Thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated.
Our Group is conservative activist group, so not dedicated purely to guns and 2nd. amendment rights, but obviously support them, thus it's not likely the rest of the group will sign-in and say "howdy".
Interesting question: how we got together. It was truly by happen stance. One person talking to another while getting hair cuts. The barber is "one of us", so that started the ball rolling toward our first informal meeting this past March.
Thank you for the wishes for a successful BBQ. We're doing our best to make this a memorable event.
If anyone would like more info. or offer suggestions to make it better, call me: 253 312 1279, any day, dawn til dusk.

44mag vietvet

Key Peninsula OC BBQ: Please Thank The Benefactor

Craig and I look forward to meeting and greeting all you great OC supporters on the 25th. We were at the Olympia OC, so will enjoy seeing all of you again who were there.
If you attend the Peninsula OC BBQ, please take a moment to thank Mr. Greg Calahan, owner of O'Callahan's Pub, who has graciously consented to allowing us to host the event on the front corner of his parking lot. (alcohol + guns= fail)
Greg is a great guy and a patriot.

Note: There will likely be one or two other things going on in O'Callahan's parking lot on the 25th. It's used in the summer by a farmer's market vendor and possibly one other seller. Still, it's a big lot and there's room for one and all.

Ajetpilot

Thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated.
Our Group is conservative activist group, so not dedicated purely to guns and 2nd. amendment rights, but obviously support them, thus it's not likely the rest of the group will sign-in and say "howdy".
I've got it on my calendar, and I'll be there. I'm very much looking forward to meeting all of you! We need more conservative activist groups here on the peninsula. See you on the 25th, and thank you for the invitation!

Mann

About BBQ/Hello 1245A Defender

I see you joined "way" back in 09. I've helped Open Carry out here (the Peninsula) for past events. This event isn't cheap. I'm NOT a computer geek, we moved here onto the Olympic Peninsula/Hood Canal in 86 from Montana. I'm the Constitution Party Coordinator for Mason Co. Jim B. was glad for all my help on the Olympia event. In the past out here we've had (on the flyers and posters) these type events (picnics) but want to get the OpenCarry.org up in a growth made on this Olympic Pen. Region. More members. - that's a good thing.
These Open Carry folks do know me. But I am a very busy Patriot. I operate/assisted and started several groups and organizations out here on the Peninsula. So that's a bit of news on me. If you can't make it, sorry to hear that. It will have a very good turn out of MEN. There's a slough of Flyers up for miles around and a large response already. Bright Notable People - but we're Not City Folk.
Hope you can make it!

44mag vietvet

Key Pen. OC BBQ Update & Hello To Ajetpilot

Our plan details for the OC BBQ at O'Callahan's Grill parking lot are coming together. Our activist group met last night and finished tasking and our shopping list, so we're "look'in good to go". We're thrilled that so many of you OC Org. folks plan to come to meet and greet with us on the 25th.
Ajetpilot, you look familiar. May have seen you out and about and I look forward to shaking hands and talking about our group's activities going forward. 'Course, that invitation is extended to all.

ARADCOM

Don't quite understand?

I see you joined "way" back in 09. I've helped Open Carry out here (the Peninsula) for past events. This event isn't cheap. I'm NOT a computer geek, we moved here onto the Olympic Peninsula/Hood Canal in 86 from Montana. I'm the Constitution Party Coordinator for Mason Co. Jim B. was glad for all my help on the Olympia event. In the past out here we've had (on the flyers and posters) these type events (picnics) but want to get the OpenCarry.org up in a growth made on this Olympic Pen. Region. More members. - that's a good thing.
These Open Carry folks do know me. But I am a very busy Patriot. I operate/assisted and started several groups and organizations out here on the Peninsula. So that's a bit of news on me. If you can't make it, sorry to hear that. It will have a very good turn out of MEN. There's a slough of Flyers up for miles around and a large response already. Bright Notable People - but we're Not City Folk.

Hope you can make it!

A free BBQ sounds nice but there's a couple of items in this post I don't quite get.

1. "This event isn't cheap." OK, is this just bragging or what?

2. "I'm NOT a computer geek,". Couldn't find any computer references in the posts so what does this mean?

3. "It will have a very good turn out of MEN." So I REALLY don't understand this. No women allowed? Not a family friendly event? Or what?

I'm really not trying to just nit pick this, I just "really don't get it." ;-)

Also, what is the name of your "activist group"?

Oh, and welcome to OPENCARRY.ORG

Last edited:

Squeak

A free BBQ sounds nice but there's a couple of items in this post I don't quite get.

1. "This event isn't cheap." OK, is this just bragging or what?

2. "I'm NOT a computer geek,". Couldn't find any computer references in the posts so what does this mean?

3. "It will have a very good turn out of MEN." So I REALLY don't understand this. No women allowed? Not a family friendly event? Or what?

I'm really not trying to just nit pick this, I just "really don't get it." ;-)

Also, what is the name of your "activist group"?

Oh, and welcome to OPENCARRY.ORG

If you don't want to attend, stay home! The guys are trying to set up a BBQ, and all you can do is gripe! Take a nap!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you don't want to attend, stay home! The guys are trying to set up a BBQ, and all you can do is gripe! Take a nap!

Not the best reply - don't see any griping being done. The questions are legitimate.

There is nothing wrong in wanting to identify the people involved and what their agenda might be.

Mann

About the BBQt

We're putting on an "Open Carry BBQ" for ALL 2nd Amendment supporters. Families, couples, singles! A fun time to visit and meet other good open carry folks. Key Peninsula has an organized meeting every 4 to 6 weeks called "Citizens for a Strong Republic". Property rights, 10th Amend. etc... 1400AM radio will be running commercials for it on the last week. Good stuff!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We're putting on an "Open Carry BBQ" for ALL 2nd Amendment supporters. Families, couples, singles! A fun time to visit and meet other good open carry folks. Key Peninsula has an organized meeting every 4 to 6 weeks called "Citizens for a Strong Republic". Property rights, 10th Amend. etc... 1400AM radio will be running commercials for it on the last week. Good stuff!

All 2nd Amendment supporters is pretty broad, considering the more narrow precepts of OCDO.

If they have been doing this for some time, then there should be a core leadership group that you might identify.

BTW - googling "Citizens for a Strong Republic" yields a goose egg.
Who or what is " Key Peninsula"?

Ajetpilot

The Key Peninsula is a small peninsula on a big peninsula. If you're "not from around here", I can understand your confusion. http://tinyurl.com/3o7wx2q

The west side of Washington State is very liberal. I'm surrounded by them. I'm looking forward to meeting like-minded folks in this area. It will be a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Key Peninsula is a small peninsula on a big peninsula. If you're "not from around here", I can understand your confusion. http://tinyurl.com/3o7wx2q

Yep, I'm confused to say the least.

A piece of land (small peninsula) has been organizing meets every 4 to 6 weeks. :uhoh:

Really starting to wonder what and who these unnamed people are. Not trying to build a negative case, but seems to be a lot of hype and little substance. Can we "do over"?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Then is it a safe bet that you won't be flying in for this event, Grapeshot?

Probably not this time, but I do cover a large amount of territory, make many new acquaintances along the way too.:D

Seriously, why is so little known about this group that purports to be so active?