• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penninsula Open Carry BBQ - June 25

Trigger Dr

Probably not this time, but I do cover a large amount of territory, make many new acquaintances along the way too.:D

Seriously, why is so little known about this group that purports to be so active?

Local group NOT national ....yet

44mag vietvet

Key Peninsula OC BBQ - Responses to Questions About

A free BBQ sounds nice but there's a couple of items in this post I don't quite get.

1. "This event isn't cheap." OK, is this just bragging or what?

2. "I'm NOT a computer geek,". Couldn't find any computer references in the posts so what does this mean?

3. "It will have a very good turn out of MEN." So I REALLY don't understand this. No women allowed? Not a family friendly event? Or what?

I'm really not trying to just nit pick this, I just "really don't get it." ;-)

Also, what is the name of your "activist group"?

Oh, and welcome to OPENCARRY.ORG

The name of our group, which is a conservative, politically active group and not dedicated OC, which I stated in one of MY posts, and as Mann stated, meets in Key Center, is The 355 Group. Why 355? Because of lack of my imagination in naming the group: we first met in March (month 3), 5th. day (5) at 5pm. = 355. (In 2011) Just that simple. We have no website and no land line, so of course you're not going to find anything about us on the Net.

In either my first or second post here about the BBQ, I even included my cell phone number and stated "call me anytime". It ain't rung yet! I answer to Jon. That number again? 253 312 1279. Please, no calls before 6am. and none after 9pm.

No, Mann was definitely NOT bragging about us 7 people (The 355 Group) bearing all the costs for the event. We're just 7, planning on feeding about 100 or so. Adds up fast.

"not a computer geek". His point: someone early in the posts commented that Mann had only one post to his credit. That's because he's too busy looking after everyone's constitutional rights. Come to the BBQ and meet him. Then you'll know. If you were at the Olympia OC, you probably did meet him.

Of course it is a family oriented event: women, ladies, men, gentlemen, boys, girls, couples, singles. There might be some other categories and they're welcome too. I just don't remember what they are at the moment. As long as you're human, you are welcome.

Any more questions? That cell number is 253 312 1279. Jon.

ARADCOM

Thanks for the info

The name of our group, which is a conservative, politically active group and not dedicated OC, which I stated in one of MY posts, and as Mann stated, meets in Key Center, is The 355 Group. Why 355? Because of lack of my imagination in naming the group: we first met in March (month 3), 5th. day (5) at 5pm. = 355. (In 2011) Just that simple. We have no website and no land line, so of course you're not going to find anything about us on the Net.

In either my first or second post here about the BBQ, I even included my cell phone number and stated "call me anytime". It ain't rung yet! I answer to Jon. That number again? 253 312 1279. Please, no calls before 6am. and none after 9pm.

No, Mann was definitely NOT bragging about us 7 people (The 355 Group) bearing all the costs for the event. We're just 7, planning on feeding about 100 or so. Adds up fast.

"not a computer geek". His point: someone early in the posts commented that Mann had only one post to his credit. That's because he's too busy looking after everyone's constitutional rights. Come to the BBQ and meet him. Then you'll know. If you were at the Olympia OC, you probably did meet him.

Of course it is a family oriented event: women, ladies, men, gentlemen, boys, girls, couples, singles. There might be some other categories and they're welcome too. I just don't remember what they are at the moment. As long as you're human, you are welcome.

Any more questions? That cell number is 253 312 1279. Jon.

Jon, Thanks for the reply and the answer to my questions...or as 'Squawk' called them, gripes! Wasn't trying to yank any ones chain, just wanted the info.

I AM a computer geek, so my predilection is to type rather than dial. Besides, as Grapeshot pointed out, others may like to have the answers.

Hope you have high fat content burgers at the BBQ 'cuz Squeak-ing wheels need grease. (;–}

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Appreciate it - the consolidation helps.

One question remains - what are the goal(s)/agenda?

1245A Defender

well,,,

well i called and talked to craig sunday night, we talked for about 1 1/2 hours!
he is also mason county coordinator for the constitution party of washington,
there are 9 counties with coordinators and 29 counties that want one,
so it seem that they have some popularity and growth ahead of them.
check out their website, and click on their 8 page newsletter,
you will find a pic of craig and his son at the 2nd amendment rally 4-30-11 in olympia.
and their is an announcement for the BBQ in their too.
Constitution Party of Washington

i drove to town today and looked carefully for the flyers they posted for the BBQ,
i found one, had to park at the bank and walk thru their garden to be able to read it.

1245A Defender

well,,,

I would suggest that the Pierce county Sheriff be asked to come by for a burger!
I would also suggest that our friends in the local media be invited to come and see us.

i wish that more of my friends in OCDO would be checking in
and declaring their intention to attending this shindig!

psbart

hoping we(hubby and I) can swing by with the kiddos. we are out in Marysville for a birthday party at 1 that day and have to pass close by on our way back home to Gorst, so hoping we are done up north early enough to stop by around 5:30ish.

Mann

BBQ reminder

The weather looks great for Saturday! Please bring a friend, we're trying to increase OpenCarry.org members on the West Sound Region. New folks will have a great time. It's very easy to find (center of town). Large signs and a great business owner's property. This will be a good time for all, hope to see you there.

Mann

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Great Event....

Was there from about 3 to 5, great turnout. I counted about 60 or so that came and went from the event. A dozen or more from the OCDO forum....

Thank you to MANN and others!