• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penninsula Open Carry BBQ - June 25

Vitaeus

The birthday party for the nephew ran longer than anticipated, psbart and I had to keep on driving to get home in time to meet other obligations, maybe next year. Hope everyone had fun.

acmariner99

Excellent Event

I was there from 430 - 730 or so with a couple of friends. It was an excellent event. Thanks to all who put it together.

1245A Defender

well,,,

A good time was to be had, and I did!
great warm sunny day, plenty of parking, shady tents, and places to sit.
my clock worked right, my driving directions were correct, my car didnt break down.
got there at 3:15, thats PM, in case you have dyslexia, like me, and I remembered to bring two guns.
saw lots of familiar faces before I even got it parked.
maybe fewer people than were hoped for, but more than I expected.
No cops came, No news reporters either.
Funny side note,,,, after a couple of the guys had gone into the restaurant to use the facilities,,
the owner Hand made a Sign,, "No Guns Allowed" to post outside the door!
i met many new guys, and nobody was injured during the commission of this event!
one nice couple brought their 2 YO girl and 3 YO boy, each had their own "ranger" holsters
and bright orange cap guns, the girl carried hers around, in hand, by the barrel,
the boy held his in attack mode, he shot anything and everything in sight,
but he didnt have any caps, so in the end, nobody was seriously injured, or killed!
i picked up all the literature on display by the 355 group, the sponsors,
and i read it all when i got home, at about 6:30.

my thanks go out to Craig and Jon for putting this on and look forward to another.

DEROS72

Well done Craig Mann and the fellows over there.They were well organized,food and drinks provided and we had about 60 or so show up.I was able to talk to several newcomers to open carry.Very good time and properly set up .Good job.

Next stop Willow Lake!!

Last edited:

44mag vietvet

Key Peninsula OC BBQ - Follow UP...

On behalf of The 355 Group: Craig, Nita, Joe, Dan, Ezra, Carrie, Julia and Steve, I wish to thank all you great OC folks for attending the BBQ and making our first, such an amazing success. Looks like it will be an annual event, "On the Key". (More hamburgers, please!:D) To those of you who traveled far, we are very pleased and Jim B. and crew; we're especially thankful for your encouragement and support. See you in August!
Finally, we were thrilled that Pat and company from The Sons of The NRA came out to support the event and brought their fabulous BBQ guy. Couldn't have done it without you guys. Many thanks to all.

Jon