• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More proof that gunshow policies are dumb.

NHCGRPR45

Making someone un-load there firearm in public is only asking for trouble, I don't go to the gibraltar trade shows and leave my daughter behind when I do because of the policy to load un-load your firearm at the gate. A gun in the holster should remain there until needed. Anyone can have an accident, as we have all seen.

.40S&W

Some folks are expounding the theory that the more times you handle a gun the more likely you are to have a negligent discharge. This is flat out false. I have loaded/unloaded dozens of different types of guns. Rifles, pistols, shotguns, revolvers- all different styles and calibers- I have never had an ND. If the the myth were true, I should have had a ND by now. I'll say it again, if you follow the basic rules of firearm safety you will NEVER have a negligent discharge.

I agree with you. In my entire military career plus my time handling firearms as a civvy I have never had an AD. However, you do have your occasional doofus that shouldn't be operating a weapon let alone a microwave.

xd shooter

I think the point that some are trying to make is that it is downright impossible to have an ND if the weapon never leaves your holster!

Every time the weapon is taken out of the holster increases the CHANCE that you may have an ND.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Firearm malfunction. Such as a sear failure. It has happened.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

A firearm malfunction or mechanical failure that resulted in discharge would fall under an accidental discharge because you had no control over it. Unless, you had knowledge of the broken or failing part and you continued to use the gun. If that was the case, then the discharge would be negligent.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I think the point that some are trying to make is that it is downright impossible to have an ND if the weapon never leaves your holster!

Every time the weapon is taken out of the holster increases the CHANCE that you may have an ND.

I agree with this. My only gripe is those that say NDs are not caused solely by the individual. Increased chances does not diminish responsibilty. I think we are all very close to agreeing on everything, even me and Stainless.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
^^ If it were in your holster though, it wouldnt happen.

You are a law abiding citizen, therefore, there is no time that you should disarm, unless you decide to disarm.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. Honestly, through all of our back and forth I think we agree on everything. Group hug :D

griffin

grouphug.gif

davidmcbeth

Banned
even the USAF has dropped nukes by mistake ... if it can happen, it will .. sooner or later & can have nothing to do with negligence.