• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More proof that gunshow policies are dumb.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Oh yeah I'm sure it's come true for many people but not all people. Once again, blanket statement.

Yes, we all bow to your superior capabilities. Watch out that they don't crucify you, too!

With the exception of one super being, regular humans can take the advice- more loading / unloading increases the probability of an AD.

That, or he's never handled a gun; his mother won't let him until he moves out of the basement....:banana:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Let me try to sum up this thread with a couple of conclusions that hopefully we can all agree with.

1) Negligent discharges are solely the fault of the individual.

2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until needed for defensive purposes. Exceptions would be for cleaning, maintenance, and storing the gun.

3) If one follows the basic firearms rules 100% of the time, they will NEVER have a negligent discharge.

4) Since human beings are not perfect, the more times an individual handles a gun their chances for a ND statistically increases. This is not to say that they will have one, only that the probability is mathematically higher.

5) Negligent discharges are solely the fault of the individual.

Any disagreements?

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Nope.

Policies and laws that increase the possibility of 2, 3, and 4, are contributing factors only. Therefore, it would make sense to eliminate as many variables as often as possible.

Let the law abiding citizen keep his/her holstered firearm on them at all times.

MilProGuy

Let me try to sum up this thread with a couple of conclusions that hopefully we can all agree with.

2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until needed for defensive purposes.

3) If one follows the basic firearms rules 100% of the time, they will NEVER have a negligent discharge.

4) Since human beings are not perfect, the more times an individual handles a gun their chances for a ND statistically increases. This is not to say that they will have one, only that the probability is mathematically higher.

Any disagreements?

I'm in total agreement with your five points.

The 48-year-old man was a fool to even un-holster his handgun in a house of worship, just to show it off to a couple of young people.

This precious pastor's daughter may be handicapped for the rest of her life because of this man's stupid decision.

xmanhockey7

Since we're talking about NDs here...hot off the presses.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_pinellas/woman-taken-to-hospital-after-shot-at-church

Church_Shooting_20120212163402_320_240.JPG

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla - A pastor's daughter was rushed to Bayfront Medical Center after she was accidentally shot in the head at church Sunday, said authorities.

Church service had just let out at Grace Connection church in Saint Petersburg when three men gathered to look at a gun.

Dustin Bueller, 20, was looking to buy a gun for his 21st birthday that was coming up. He approached Moises Zambrana, 48, a fellow member of the congregation who owned a Reuger 9mm. The two men walked into a closet located in the recreation room of the church to look at the gun in private.

They were joined by John Penu, 19, who was also interested in learning about the firearm. Zambrana had removed the gun's magazine and was in the process of telling the two young men about firearm safety when the gun went off. The bullet went through the closet wall and struck Hannah Kelley in the head.

Kelley is the daughter of pastor Tim Kelly, who oversees Grace Connection congregation.

Kelley underwent emergency surgery. She is listed in critical condition.

Go figure even with the "safety feature" of having a loaded chamber indicator did not in any way help. Doesn't matter how many safety features you have on a gun your best safety feature is the one between your ears.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until needed for defensive purposes.

Any disagreements?

Change this 2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until needed for defensive purposes.

to this 2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until you plan on using it, or remove for cleaning or maintenance.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Change this 2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until needed for defensive purposes.

to this 2) The best place for a loaded EDC gun is in the holster, until you plan on using it, or remove for cleaning or maintenance.

Good suggestion. I edited it a bit above.

NHCGRPR45

My gun goes off all the time also however it only seems to happen while in a gun range! Its like the movie with the haunted car! Oh and every now and then when I go hunting. And its an expert at shooting those zombie paper targets never missed one yet!:rolleyes: