• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond bartender threatens anyone carrying in his place of employment.

simmonsjoe

Concur!

It was anti-climatic - Jack had nothing of substance to say.
Very true. I couldn't believe Jack resorted to the 'your too old to understand' argument! Shows just how immature this guy is.

If it wasn't for the air-time I'd say Jack was a waist of our time. As is I deleted his blog from my saved sites as he did so poorly I see no reason to revisit Jack. Goodbye Jack.

Last edited:

karolynrgalarza

Well at least he didn't post a bunch of slander and profanity in his latest blog...Hopefully he is learning that you don't talk to people that way...I'm amazed he didn't talk in his usual way on TV.

karolynrgalarza

"- While there clearly wasn't enough time for either Mr. Van Cleave or myself to really get our points across, it was an informing segment for the general populace. Van Cleave made all of the points that the gun nuts usually make and I laughed my way through the whole thing because of how ridiculous these people and this law are. My friends and most sane people will say I won, his gun nut buddies will say the opposite. There was not a winner though...."

He claims he "laughed my [his] way through the whole thing." At least he told the truth that he didn't have any points to make. Personally, I don't see how you can "win" if you laugh your way through a debate.

Dreamer

Does anyone know Jack's Work schedule? I travel through Richmond every month, and I would LOVE to stop by (unarmed, of course!), grab a bite to eat, and hand out "VA GUN RIGHTS" flyers to his patrons...

He may be able to harass people lawfully exercising their 2A rights and get away with it, but I'd LOVE to dance with this putz on a 1A situation...

Peter Nap? Can you hook me up? PM me if you have info...

Last edited:

simmonsjoe

Does anyone know Jack's Work schedule? I travel through Richmond every month, and I would LOVE to stop by (unarmed, of course!), grab a bite to eat, and hand out "VA GUN RIGHTS" flyers to his patrons...

He may be able to harass people lawfully exercising their 2A rights and get away with it, but I'd LOVE to dance with this putz on a 1A situation...

Peter Nap? Can you hook me up? PM me if you have info...
It's still private property. They may ask you to leave for passing out handbills. You'll have to handle it carefully so you don't get kicked out quickly. I'm also unsure of the benefit of doing this at that location. Maybe instead of going inside, walk up and down the street handing out bills, without lingering in front of Jacks establishment.
A- He will get wind of it.
B- It couldn't be construed like you were targeting or being threatening to a particular business.

It could be organized as a group activity.

Then again, I feel Jack so unworthy of our time, picking a location because it is where he works/will be, kind of taints the intent of educating the public.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

MarlboroLts5150

Jack's Latest Blog is Up....

http://jackgoesforth.blogspot.com/2010/07/nbc-12-gun-debate-is-online.html

Wednesday, July 14, 2010
NBC 12 Gun Debate Is Online

"You can view this afternoon's gun debate on NBC 12 between myself and Mr. Philip Van Cleave, the president of the Virginia Citizen's Defense League, at this link: http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12807722

NBC doesn't always keep their online video links up so I will also have it available on YouTube shortly.

Some final thoughts on today's debate:

-I want to thank Mr. Van Cleave for coming out. I disagree with him but he was nothing but cordial when I met him and when I shook his hand in the parking lot afterwards. I respect a man who will stand up (in public) for what he feels is right, regardless of his views.

- I would also like to thank Ryan Nobles for taking a big chance by putting this live debate on air. He admitted to us beforehand that this is something new for NBC12 and that he didn't know what to expect. He trusted me to not drop an F-bomb or get crazy, so I give him credit.

- There were also gun fanatics outside of the studio filming me, as they apparently have been doing lately without my knowledge. This includes secretly filming me behind the bar while I was working. Creepy, I know.

- While there clearly wasn't enough time for either Mr. Van Cleave or myself to really get our points across, it was an informing segment for the general populace. Van Cleave made all of the points that the gun nuts usually make and I laughed my way through the whole thing because of how ridiculous these people and this law are. My friends and most sane people will say I won, his gun nut buddies will say the opposite. There was not a winner though....

My point will only be proven when an innocent restaurant bystander dies either inadvertently or maliciously at the hands of a concealed weapons permit holder. It's sad, but that's just the way the cookie will crumble."

There are just some people in this world....that will never "get it". Unfortunately, not until they are personally involved in a situtation where they need to have the means to defend themselves, and don't. And I don't wish that on anybody.

Last edited:

simmonsjoe

You missed it!

- I would also like to thank Ryan Nobles for taking a big chance by putting this live debate on air. He admitted to us beforehand that this is something new for NBC12 and that he didn't know what to expect. He trusted me to not drop an F-bomb or get crazy, so I give him credit.

I was waiting for someone else to point this out as I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to be done with Jack. Seeing as you missed it I've highlighted it here.

READ: They were concerned I'd lose my coke-head **** on live TV and flip the **** out.

Just more evidence of his instability.
I feel this isn't something you say unless it was discussed.

Last edited:

KBCraig

Yeah, he "laughed all the way through", until PVC zinged him at the end with "Maybe you should get a permit and carry." He slapped his trap shut at that, and even if they hadn't been out of time, he obviously had no response.

This was entirely too short a segment to discuss the issue in depth, but PVC did a masterful job of time management. Every one of Jack's claims would tempt me and most everyone else into a 37 point dissection of why he was wrong, but Phil skillfully countered without going into information overload.

I hereby nominate Philip Van Cleave for President of the Texas State Rifle Association.

MarlboroLts5150

I was waiting for someone else to point this out as I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to be done with Jack. Seeing as you missed it I've highlighted it here.

READ: They were concerned I'd lose my coke-head **** on live TV and flip the **** out.

Just more evidence of his instability.
I feel this isn't something you say unless it was discussed.

No....I didn't "miss it", as you put it. I wasn't looking for the "cover". I read back thru some of his blog. Most of what he writes about is just trying to get attention and sound "cool"....I don't care about that crap. What I highlighted is the same drival that most anti's spew at us, specifically the last sentence.

I try to take everybody at face value, it took a little bit to get thru all of his BS.

Like I said.....There are just some people in this world....that will never "get it". Unfortunately, not until they are personally involved in a situtation where they need to have the means to defend themselves, and don't.

MarlboroLts5150

I will say this about Jack....a good guess he's either naturally good at writing, or he took a creative writing class some time back. Just too bad his view of reality is drug and alcohol induced (self-admitted).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If Jack thinks I'm spooky, he'll be really shaken when he finds out who else is looking at his old blog posts and visiting his bars.

Considering the City has a clean up the Bottom, program and he ABC Board just got blistered in his Blog, Jack better become born again or he's gonna get to bunk with Bubba. Now that's spooky.

Now, there are important things to do that don't involve Jack. I can go back to the farm where the only nuts are on trees. I can put on my camo and get ready to hunt Deer. I can get back to photographing bears which are a lot more interesting than Jack.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If Jack thinks I'm spooky, he'll be really shaken when he finds out who else is looking at his old blog posts and visiting his bars.

Considering the City has a clean up the Bottom, program and he ABC Board just got blistered in his Blog, Jack better become born again or he's gonna get to bunk with Bubba. Now that's spooky.

Now, there are important things to do that don't involve Jack. I can go back to the farm where the only nuts are on trees. I can put on my camo and get ready to hunt Deer. I can get back to photographing bears which are a lot more interesting than Jack.

Much more interesting and productive too.

I'm done with him - there is no merit in continuing to give him any of my attention.

MSC 45ACP

Jack didn't impress me at all. His darting eyes and inability to concentrate are indicative of heavy drug use. He'll end up bunking with Bubba or in a gutter somewhere if he doesn't wake the fluck up and check himself into rehab soon. He's well on his way to a mentdown and it won't be pretty. Poor bastage. He's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is...

curtiswr

I only provided the link to this image because I don't want to stretch anybody's page, if there happens to be more people using a small netbook like myself.

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/enyawc/Misc/urine_chachas_jack.jpg

Dreamer, take heed of this picture before you decide on going there. Ever had yellow water? At Cha Cha's Cantina you might, and it probably won't be because they are trying to authentically serve what you may find in Guadalajara. Or they might be. I dunno. Never been to Mexico, never gonna go to Mexico. Same with Cha Cha's. :p

wylde007

I will say this about Jack... a good guess he's either naturally good at writing, or he took a creative writing class some time back. Just too bad his view of reality is drug and alcohol induced (self-admitted).
I would say he's not a terribly good writer. He has trouble expressing himself outside of the terms you note and doing so without resorting to profanity-laced epithets and insults.

He's not creative, he's repressed.

It's like listening to a comedian who has run out of funny things to say and concentrates on d*** and fart jokes to round out his routine. He panders to "his" people - other barflies - the social equivalent of wharf rats.
Philip: Then you should get a permit to carry.
Shame on you, Philip. As an employee of the establishment he is not required to have a permit to carry concealed. You should know better.

18.2-308(B)(1)

Last edited: