• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doug Huffman Has Been Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Speaking solely about their relative contributions to this forum, Doug Huffman is a gold mine, and Spartacus is a flaming sack of wet cow pies.

Speaking solely about their contributions OFF the forum, Spartacus is a gold mine and Doug Huffman is a flaming sack of wet cow pies.

Totally disagree. You should be banned/not banned based on your contributions to the place you are getting banned from. THIS FORUM

This is like saying that I shouldn't get banned from a Starbucks for peeing on the floor because I cleaned the floor in a Dunkin' Donuts the day before.

Like I eluded to before, Doug probably should have gotten banned for breaking forum rules again and again, but someone else should have too. You don't want someone banned that deserves it because you like what he's done. You are looking at one through rose colored glasses and the other through brown ones.

Wow, I come home from school to find this garbage. John and if the person behind behind the WCI Chairmen is Nik, well, your ability to judge and make sound decision is extremely suspect. I will be boycotting this forum for the next month, I may even leave, and I'm going to have to do some hard thinking about renewing my membership. This is an outrage, Spartacus was an immature child and contributed nothing, yet he gets 7 days, and Doug, DOUG, gets a permanent ban? The ability to police this board is about as effective as our government's ability to police our border.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
So Did Doug Get What He Wanted?

Wow, I just got home and read this entire thread. I don't have Doug's email to John but if what Doug wanted was to hurt this movement it sure seems he did a good job of it by getting himself banned.

Look at how many of us have stated they will never come back to this forum and some even said they will not renew their WCI memberships. IS THAT WHAT DOUG WANTED?

As intelligent as Doug is I think we just fell into his trap and he got exactly what he wanted. Now we are fighting even more between ourselves AND we are fighting with the owner(s) of this forum AND some are fighting WCI's Chairman.

Looks like a play right out of the "takeover" handbook.

On the other hand I have to state this: Since I haven't seen Doug's email I have no idea if he intended ANY of this.

I will always support this forum and WCI and the NRA and GOA and JPFO and the "2nd Amendment Foundation" and all other gun rights and freedom fighting organizations no matter what happens.

LR Yote 312

I never locked horns with either Doug or Spartacus so I really dont have a dog in this fight.

My thoughts are:
It aint my house,it aint my house to clean.
If thats what the owner of the board wants to do,it's his Right to do so.
Who am I to question it.

LR Yote

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I never locked horns with either Doug or Spartacus so I really dont have a dog in this fight.

My thoughts are:
It aint my house,it aint my house to clean.
If thats what the owner of the board wants to do,it's his Right to do so.
Who am I to question it.

LR Yote

Well said. Hey, are you in or near Kenosha? We have a few things happening in Kenosha four times a month if you are interested.

Last edited:

johnny amish

This is a sad day.
There is no denying that Doug brings an interesting spice to the table but I ask you who posts more valuable info. than Doug? We all know his riddles can be frustrating but NOBODY challenges us more than he does. He is one of the greatest sources of info. this forum has. This forum will be less without his input.

Doug reminds me of a high school teacher I had. This man was impossible to please and always picking at everything our class had done, it seemed that there was no pleasing this man. It wasn't until some years later that I realized that this teacher had pushed us farther than any other teacher had done and in the end we were better students for it. His desire for learning and perfection were second to none. I fully appreciate all the effort this teacher put into his class and I full appreciate everything Doug has done for this forum.
This is a sad day.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
This is a sad day.
There is no denying that Doug brings an interesting spice to the table but I ask you who posts more valuable info. than Doug? We all know his riddles can be frustrating but NOBODY challenges us more than he does. He is one of the greatest sources of info. this forum has. This forum will be less without his input.

Doug reminds me of a high school teacher I had. This man was impossible to please and always picking at everything our class had done, it seemed that there was no pleasing this man. It wasn't until some years later that I realized that this teacher had pushed us farther than any other teacher had done and in the end we were better students for it. His desire for learning and perfection were second to none. I fully appreciate all the effort this teacher put into his class and I full appreciate everything Doug has done for this forum.
This is a sad day.

Even teachers have to follow the rules. Doug is no Jaime Escalante. To quote an important part:

Doug HAS been warned before. I've seen it posted. Doug even once registered the username "Wisconsin Carry, Inc. President" used an avatar matching our logo and began to post comments as if he were a WCI officer.

Doug has been banned before for a limited period of time. Spartacus was never banned before.

There is no jury trial of your peers here to determine guilt. The 5th and 6th amendment does not apply here.

Last edited:

phred

Phriends, please

Yes, this is a sad day. But, there have been other sad days in this forum as well. Those days were the ones where every other post, by every other poster, was saying some cutting remark about someone or some gun-rights organization or its leader. I am not a forum expert, and I do not understand the different persona that people take on when they get on the keyboard. I have met Doug and I have Spartacus and both of them have treated me with respect and friendship. Why they behave differently on this forum, I do not know. It is not my place to know. I just shake my head sometimes. When I post something on the forum, I try to treat my question or response as if I was sitting or standing next to whomever I was "talking" to. And, both of us have guns. Hopefully, I haven't stepped on anybody's toes.

I do not know all of the circumstances for either banning. Again, not my place. Both have submitted material that was not appropriate, at least in my eyes. But, it is the job of the moderators to make the call and they did. Respect it! We all have good attributes. Let's focus on them. If we notice bad attributes in others, let's try to forgive. And, maybe a PM would be a better way to communicate, instead telling the world how inappropriately one of our cohorts is behaving. Obviously any public lashing is going cause the person to strike back. Or, is that what you want?

I've met dozens of you in person. You are all a great bunch of guys and gals and I enjoy being part of our common goal. The commitment that you exhibit is just priceless. I look forward to meet more of you over the next year. There is no sense in taking sides here. There is no sense in playing each other against one another. I don't think you would do it face to face, why do it on the forum? Don't quit. Don't stay away. Time will heal this and we can all be focused on that common goal.

btw, I OCd while hanging up my seasonal lighting and fixing and cleaning the gutters. Ya just never know....

th,th,th,that's all pholks

qball54208

What'll be is what'll be! Any one here with half a brain in their heads (which would be pretty much all of us) could pull up the same or similar info as Doug! Devote 3/4 of your waking hours as he did, you'll come up with it.
All we need to do now is "get outa our own way"
Ohh Laa Dee Ohh Laa Daa lah lah lah-----lah life goes on!

oak1971

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;

Feel free to substitute the villain (victim) of your choice.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
In utter disgust to his treatment by the administrator I, Captain Nemo, will no longer contribute to this forum and will not renew my WCI membership.

That is unfortunate as this is NOT a WCI forum and never has been. The WCI BOD does not have and has never had control over the forum.

nevinsb

I'll be honest, one thing that has already bothered me about discussions on forums because of both my psychology education and career experience, is when someone places blame on others. Not only will this not settle disagreements, you turn them into arguments and fights, and eventually one person will just give up. This looks like a terrible way to act from a third person's view, and leaves at least one person with a lot of anger they just keep inside and probably use against them later.

No matter how good someone might be, it still does not give them the right to make talk negatively about someone else, but from the little knowledge I have about this incident, I feel that it is also unfair to have others performing similar actions without the same consequences.

I have I am not going to let a single incident deter me from my occasional post, I will leave that to working 24 hour shifts at my job a long way away from Wisconsin, and spending like a half hour typing each post. This forum is a great resource for political information, as well as laws and regulations, and some occasional humor, and in my opinion, what this forum needs to be used for.

Somewhere on the internet, there is a list of "rules for fair fighting" that I suggest everyone read. It will really help keep relationships together, as well as not acting a fool to others.

Last edited:

pahleh

Overkill?

I have not paid much attention to Dougs' remarks but, unless there have been overt threats or profane accusations, this seems to be overkill.

One should not post to a board without expecting a challenge and being prepared to defend their position. If the meek among us have been offended maybe they should examine their arguments.

I enjoy the give and take of online discussions. I have been banned, blasted, and flamed; but also complemented. If the administration adopts the position that all discourse must meet some undefined standard of civility then it's no longer fun and educational to be here.

Bring Doug back!

Interceptor_Knight

I have met Doug and I have Spartacus and both of them have treated me with respect and friendship. Why they behave differently on this forum, I do not know. It is not my place to know. I just shake my head sometimes. When I post something on the forum, I try to treat my question or response as if I was sitting or standing next to whomever I was "talking" to. And, both of us have guns. Hopefully, I haven't stepped on anybody's toes.

I offered multiple times to speak face to face with Doug over a beer or his beverage of choice and I was buying. I spent a week on Washington Island and figured it would be a good oportunity for us to work out our differences like Men so that we could move on. Doug basically posted a threat to call the cops if I stepped on his property as he apparently was more interested in bickering on the forum. He boasted in more than one post that since he was retired he had alot of free time on his hands and that a primary hobby of his was to deliberately harass and provoke people on the board... He enjoyed trying to make himself appear clever and intelligent at the expense of others. He created sockpuppets (alternate egos and user names) while accusing other posters of just being a sockpuppet for another.
Respect is something he refused to display. Doug's lack of integrity apparently caught up with him and cost him the use of OCDO as an outlet for his creative mischief.
He will not be missed....

Last edited:

oak1971

Overkill? I think not.

Thing is, the owner of the forum can do whatever they want. It is their property and we are guests. If some have worn out their welcome, the discretion belongs to the owner, not us.

Last edited:
Overkill. This is not just their forum. This forum is for the residents of Wisconsin. If thats not the case, I want my money back. Look at it like a business, once they open it up to the general public, they lose many of the rights a private residence may enjoy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I had many issues with Doug in the past, but for the last few months things had been fine. I mostly ignored him & I am sure he ignored me. Lot's of us here have our varying opinions & disagreements. Doug did rub ALOT of people on here the wrong way for along time. Now because of his mouth, he got banned. Will I lack sleep because of it no.

AaronS

Overkill. This is not just their forum. This forum is for the residents of Wisconsin. If thats not the case, I want my money back. Look at it like a business, once they open it up to the general public, they lose many of the rights a private residence may enjoy.

You give money to OCDO? Hope you did not think that gave you part ownership.
Look, if the Admins want a vote, I say let Doug back in a month.
This is not my forum, so I do not see any need for my vote.
Doug is not my center of the world, and I see no reason to let this issue stop my postings.
WCI has no part in OCDO issues. I see no reason at all to take any of this out on them/us. Give it two seconds of thought, and it should be clear WCI is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.