• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doug Huffman Has Been Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrightme

Does WCI have it's own forum or website? If so ban him from that, if not then they should get one. Don't ban a person because he disagrees with the Wisconsin gun orgs. Doug has made great comments on many different state forum and to lose his sarcasm, wit, and perspective is a real shame.

NO ONE was banned for that.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
And unlike Spartacus, Doug's ban is permanent. He sent me an email this morning in which I think he threatened to use alternates to disrupt the forum (although he may have been proposing marriage for all I understand his gibberish).

In any case, please let me know if you see what you think is a Doug Huffman alternate.

Also, he copied other users here on the email and seemed to imply that they were also conspiring to disrupt the Wisconsin forum with him. Since he placed misguided trust in the security of blind-carbon-copy, I know who those members are and will be keeping a close eye on their posts. A lot of the high drama on the forum these last few months suddenly makes sense when you look at the intersection of Doug and these other users.

Now ... Wisconsin is on the cusp of something great and we all need to rally behind WCI and stop in-fighting.

John

Doug DID create a "Wisconsin Carry, Inc - CEO" moniker when WCI was first formed AND he provided FALSE information about WCI using that moniker. Had this been a WCI forum, he would have been banned PERMANENTLY at that time.

Did Doug provide information and citation, absolute YES but if/when an individual attacks the actual forum owner, the owner can take any/all action. John believes Doug intended to disrupt the forum and took the action he felt was necessary.

I too, hate to see Doug's informational posts go, but had his FAKING a WCI officer happened on ANY OTHER forum, he would have been PERMANENTLY banned at that time.

Lastly, WCI didn't ban Doug or Spartacus, OCDO did and OCDO is NOT WCI.

wrightme

Overkill. This is not just their forum. This forum is for the residents of Wisconsin. If thats not the case, I want my money back. Look at it like a business, once they open it up to the general public, they lose many of the rights a private residence may enjoy.

???

This "forum" is only a space on a web server, which is part of a bigger forum. It isn't for anyone but the owner of the forum. And yes, it IS the property of the owner, and just like a business, it is his/theirs to run and administer as they see fit. ALL THE REST OF US are just visitors, customers if you will. Beyond that, we are allowed here, and the owner of this 'property' can disallow us at a whim. The owner/s do NOT disallow anyone at a whim. From what I have observed, they only disallow persons for good reason, and not just on a whim.

LR Yote 312

OCDO is where WCI members go to exchange info.

My OCDO membership was free.

My WCI membership was $15 (??)

These are 2 separate entities...

I can understand being upset and wanting to leave OCDO for whatever reason you feel is valid....wether its Doug...Spartacus.

What I dont understand is why would anyone want to cancel their membership to WCI because of something done by OCDO.

All of a sudden like a whole buncha things make some sense.

Maybe the DNR really does need to tell people not to shoot themselves
for a pretty valid reason ???

LR Yote

Tomas

As an Admin...

As the Admin of other forums, including one large one, I must support John's actions here.

It is not just what you see in the public posts, but the behind the scenes actions and interactions that can seriously affect one's posting privileges on a forum.

I trust the Admin here to have done everything he could to keep from banning Doug, but finally reached the point where it just became necessary for whatever reason(s).

Members of a forum don't get to second-guess the Admin, and no Admin really wants to ban members unless they have to.

I'm sure John had his reason(s). At some point one much just cut their losses and do it. :(

Tomas

How it works on one of my forums.

Last edited:

Tomas

Overkill. This is not just their forum. This forum is for the residents of Wisconsin. If thats not the case, I want my money back. Look at it like a business, once they open it up to the general public, they lose many of the rights a private residence may enjoy.

Actually the Wisconsin forum on OCDO is but a small part of OCDO, and OCDO is a private space we are allowed to post in.

From the boilerplate on one of my sites...

"Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's livingroom or office, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet.

anmut

My experience with forums throughout the last 10+ years is this:

- Trolls exist
- Banning only pisses good people off

I've only seen one forum get it right all these years. How did they do it? They created a place that was absolute in its free speech (still within legal boundaries) and whenever the trolls showed up (and they do) people just ignored them.

In the end we had a tight nit group of people and no b.s. from anyone else because of it. That type of situation is hard to replicated because, as humans, we take pride in what we create and don't want it muddied and soiled by ill-intentions.

However antagonists will always exists - it is our reaction to them will set the tone for this forum. As of right now it is apparent that the administrators believe we need babysitting - maybe in the future we can show them otherwise.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I think this thread needs to be locked...

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator

Actually no, this is John's forum. This is his home. 1A means freedom of association, and the refusal to associate on his own property (the OCDO web server). See Boy Scouts of America v. Dale.

metalman383

If someone is here with malicious intent, maybe they shouldn't be here. If a friend comes to my house, picks up a hammer and starts knocking holes in the sheet rock, no matter how good of a friend he is, I will not allow him to be in my home.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Thank you for your objectivity

I don't know Doug. I don't know what WCI is. I don't have a horse in this race. Can I offer a little perspective?

I have just recently joined this group and am finding a great deal of information here that I use when carrying in the real world. To think that because someone spends a great deal of time in the forums that they aren't contributing the real world is a bit disingenuous and hyperbolic.
Again, I don't know you or Doug. I don't know what your group does and I've purposefully not looked it up so I can remain objective before responding. Doug isn't here to defend himself so it seems a bit like grandstanding and unnecessary for you to dance over dismissal. You already stated contempt in this post for these very forums. You stated that these forums serve very little toward your purposes. Why, then, are you spending so much time reveling in this man's removal These forums are here to help open carriers communicate. The fact that you show contempt for the forums might indicate that you should be removed rather than the man who apparently contributed a great deal to this place (by admission of the administrator and others on this thread).

Again, I'm going solely on this thread, so you may otherwise sound rational, but your opening statement and the rhetoric that you threw at Doug would indicate that you are the one that cannot let drama go and you are inflicting far more drama by coming to forums that you have contempt for than just leaving and taking your business where you put value.

I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm simply saying that as a new member, I'm very surprised to see this sort of thing happen. I'm surprised by the actions of the administrator. It appears to me that the bad guys are still here and you ousted the good guys. I am not going to stop contributing over this, but I will have to take this into consideration when deciding what to contribute to the site.

Welcome and thank you for your objectivity, sigfan, I hope you stay on the forum to inject a note of sanity now and then. Just be prepared for a sh!tst@rm when you disagree with any of the self-appointed "leaders"... especially after Spartacus is back.

WCI is doing a great- no, a fantastic job in Wisconsin and will be instrumental in helping to get it's citizen's 2A rights restored; but that doesn't give them carte blanche to attack a forum member because he disagrees with them, or kick him when he is down. John is a supporter of WCI and that is his right and
privilege; but sometimes "support" apparently means looking the other way. Just my opinion....

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
However antagonists will always exists - it is our reaction to them will set the tone for this forum. As of right now it is apparent that the administrators believe we need babysitting - maybe in the future we can show them otherwise.

Until some people here are disabused of the notion that they "own" this particular state forum, the babysitting will continue. As for leaving the "bad guys" here, they are being watched closely, as John stated.

As for sigfan:

If there are "bad guys" posting and they are breaking the rules, please click on the ! button at the bottom of the rule violating post and send us a note that way.

Last edited:
M

McX

Jeesus! Now this dissent and crap has spilled over onto facebook. i'm taking a vacation from all of it for awhile.

Rbwhanson

As you can clearly tell by my post count I have contributed very little to this forum other than a few questions and a whole lot of reading. Given the information that Doug provided and I frequently read it sucks that he will no longer post here. That being said I cannot fualt WCI of which I am a member of and will not in any way threaten to or follow through with not renewing my membership with them. I have moderated forums in the past and I know it is not an easy job but I will not pretend to know the whole story here. I don't follow the drama on this forum what so ever but do know that almost all arguments on this forum involve Spartacus. I don't dislike him or have any issues with him in any way as he never attacked me, but then again I account for maybe .01% of the posts on the Wisconsin portion of these forums.

Doug will no doubt be missed on these forums, but I will continue to visit and become better informed through here as I am a relatively new carrier. As a newer OC'er I beg that those of you that are very knowledgable on all matters pertaining to OC, CC, and Wisconsin laws/statutes do not leave as you are all a huge bank of information that possibly unbeknownst to you; lots of members soak up in the background with minimal to no input.

As a WCI member I do however vote for a WCI forum.....

wrightme

As you can clearly tell by my post count I have contributed very little to this forum other than a few questions and a whole lot of reading. Given the information that Doug provided and I frequently read it sucks that he will no longer post here. That being said I cannot fualt WCI of which I am a member of and will not in any way threaten to or follow through with not renewing my membership with them. I have moderated forums in the past and I know it is not an easy job but I will not pretend to know the whole story here. I don't follow the drama on this forum what so ever but do know that almost all arguments on this forum involve Spartacus. I don't dislike him or have any issues with him in any way as he never attacked me, but then again I account for maybe .01% of the posts on the Wisconsin portion of these forums.

Doug will no doubt be missed on these forums, but I will continue to visit and become better informed through here as I am a relatively new carrier. As a newer OC'er I beg that those of you that are very knowledgable on all matters pertaining to OC, CC, and Wisconsin laws/statutes do not leave as you are all a huge bank of information that possibly unbeknownst to you; lots of members soak up in the background with minimal to no input.

As a WCI member I do however vote for a WCI forum.....

As for Spart, he sure was antagonistic, for no good reason.

As for Doug, while he passed out tidbits of knowledge, one had to weed through the attacks, snipes, and cryptic homilies to get to that tidbit. His manner did him in.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A vote for censorship?

I think this thread needs to be locked...

Now why would you lock a thread in which nobody is breaking the forum rules? John would like us to be able to police ourselves and your solution is to stop the discussion. Some people obviously need to vent their feelings about what has happened and you want to muzzle them? Sounds like a call for censorship. If people can't blow off a little steam then there will eventually be bigger problems.

This thread only takes up your time if you follow it. It has caused new members to come forward and join in the discussion on both sides and that is a good thing. Encourage free discourse, don't prohibit it, Mugenlude.

Status
Not open for further replies.