• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Become a FL Senator

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The great thing about America is that you don't have to do what you're told by lobbying groups. If OC is to ever happen in Florida, we'll have to pull out all the stops to do it. Every option must be used. Nothing neglected. One idea may work in one district, while a different idea works in another. Anything that has the potential to positively affect our interests must be explored.

What works in Daytona may not work in Inverness or West Palm Beach. Just as a national campaign uses different approaches in different states, so must a State campaign use different approaches in different counties/districts. Use what works best for the battle you are in.

j4l

But in what context? If you replace the representatives/law-makers in a given area, and in enough of those areas to effect changes in Tally, it becomes moot, no?

MR Redenck

I am sure alot of you are not happy with how things are going in Florida. So thru some serious thinking. I have decided I want to run for Florida Senator for Duval county. :dude: I want to know if there is any one else who would like to take on the challenge. :question: It is my belief that politicians should do what the people tell them to do. I have talked with my family about running and they are behind me 100%. In order to turn Florida back into a free state we need to take all counties back from freedom taking politicians. All rich people want majority of the time is more money. They dont care about the poor people. If we can get freedom loving Floridians voted into every FL Senator and Representative spot possible. If we work hard enough we can pull this off. Please message me if any one is thinking about this idea. :exclaim:

Good luck to your sir... I would suggest you also contact those good people in your Avatar. Dont forget about the House of representatives either. Put out the junk and bring in the good stuff....
:banana:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
But in what context? If you replace the representatives/law-makers in a given area, and in enough of those areas to effect changes in Tally, it becomes moot, no?

My point is that it may make more sense to put forward someone from the house to replace a senator in some races, others maybe throw your own hat in the ring.

Bax has opposed Dean before. He's come close. I think Dean has enough opposition now that he may be dethroned by Bax.

I don't think anything but another RINO could replace Bogdanoff. She has too much support from wealthy slavers in her area. I think it would be a great opportunity to have an Independent or even a Democrat replace her. Her aprt of Florida has a lot of Democrats. One could run displaying her anti-freedom interests, and put forth the "Look, I'm not towing the Democrat Party line, I support guns." as a few Democrats have. Again, didn't a Democrat from the house support the original OC bill? Even if the Democrat who replaces her doesn't support us, we'll at least be dealing with the devil we know. That would be an improvement over a RINO such as herself, and support of OC would be a way for a Democrat to stand out and show that at least someone in their party isn't a Statist. the Tea Partiers are going to annihilate the Democrats if they don't show some signs of actually supporting Democracy, as their name implies... Perfect opportunity.

We're not a partisan organization here. Especially in Florida, Statism is well entrenched on both sides.

j4l

Good luck to your sir... I would suggest you also contact those good people in your Avatar. Dont forget about the House of representatives either. Put out the junk and bring in the good stuff....
:banana:

Ironic, considering in the other post you argue against taking the get elected route, but instead favor the make a fool of yourself on video route...but, ty for the "support".

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Senator Crash...

Get back to me. I'm on my way north tomorrow to be there for the 24th. I'd love to know a time and place, and I'd love to meet before. You know my email and cel phone, so text or email me.

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Ironic, considering in the other post you argue against taking the get elected route, but instead favor the make a fool of yourself on video route...but, ty for the "support".

Now you making stuff up! I never said I wasnt in favor of electing anyone. Im actually woking to remove several worthless pieces of trash from Texas legislature.
The only thing I oppose around here is your Attitude!

Sorry about the BS crashnjax, I wish you luck and please keep us posted.

Last edited:

j4l

Get back to me. I'm on my way north tomorrow to be there for the 24th. I'd love to know a time and place, and I'd love to meet before. You know my email and cel phone, so text or email me.

Rgr, will contact on the other forum 1st thing in am.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Well, have you looked at other offices? Like the House?Doesnt have to be Senate or Sheriff. Also things like City Council and such could help.
Also, there's the aspect of this possible re-districting. No one's exactly sure where the new lines will cross on the maps,just yet.
So, could be you find your suddenly in a different district,with a different opponent.

I assume that this redistricting will take place for 2012? the house draws the lines, right, which would make it very Republican-heavy. As we learned this time around, both parties will betray OC, but it was only a handful of Democrats who favored OC. Republicans are a good thing for OC. The key is getting the right Republicans in once redistricting takes place, and to stop voting for anti-rights democrats.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
In the senate, we're very heavy on RINOs. Most of the Republicans are weak on OC. It's a fair statement to say that 75% of the Senate, as it is currently populated, would oppose a straight OC Bill. There are more Republicans (RINOs) opposed to OC than there are Democrats holding seats to do opposing with!

It is no longer a matter of partisan. Both parties have sunk so low on the diamond, that they are now indiscernible. Florida's political environment is one of the most Statist in the Nation. There are 3rd world Depots/Banana Republics that aren't this bad.

Last edited:

j4l

In the senate, we're very heavy on RINOs. Most of the Republicans are weak on OC. It's a fair statement to say that 75% of the Senate, as it is currently populated, would oppose a straight OC Bill. There are more Republicans (RINOs) opposed to OC than there are Democrats holding seats to do opposing with!

It is no longer a matter of partisan. Both parties have sunk so low on the diamond, that they are now indiscernible. Florida's political environment is one of the most Statist in the Nation. There are 3rd world Depots/Banana Republics that aren't this bad.

indeed. it has become difficult to tell the difference from one to the other anymore-at least on this issue.

77zach

It's almost like asking for licensed OC hurts our arguments. The arguments against OC consisted of "it will scare people" (FRF) and it's scary for law enforcement (dean) and only demented people would do it (bogdanoff). Many state constitutions allow for the regulation of carrying arms with a "view to curb crime" (Texas' for example). No rational person believes a malefactor will generally OC, whether they be a common thug or somebody like Jared Loughner. This is the reason OC is unrestricted in many states. Banning a right because some people would rather not see a firearm is far too weak an excuse. By our opponents own admission, it's not crime that they are worried about. What's more, common sense and real life experience says OC is not really that scary. Reading 'stories from the states', the negative encounters often entail people agitating OCers, even yelling at them. Obviously, these people wouldn't be trying to provoke someone they thought was truly dangerous. As far as LEOs being scared, is that why many states require you to OC or reveal that you are armed to LEOs before/upon official contact? The reaction of the Philly cop is now famous for how crazed it is. Sure, there are many instances of LEOs unlawfully searching and seizing but not nearly killing people like in the Philly incident. Even here in Fl, LEOs ignorant of the exceptions to the OC ban have not even disarmed Adulay riding on his motorcycle OCing to and from fishing. They stopped him, asked about it, confirmed it was legal, and waved him on.

I don't get the opposition.

j4l

That's because you're sane.

Florida is probably the most mentally screwed up state in the union.

Dangling Chads.

Chads were a libtard fabrication in it's entirety.

Ever been to Delaware? Now there's one whacky State..

Dreamer

Chads were a libtard fabrication in it's entirety.

As someone who is old enough to have actually written code for computers that was processed on punch cards, I can attest to the fact that your statement is patently false....

Many was the evening as a young Computer Science student that I spent hours sifting through stacks of punch cards, knocking out chads so that my code would not have messed up bytes...

In the case of FL, the "hanging chad" issue was not a fabrication. It WAS, however, COMPLETELY blown out of proportion, because anyone with half a brain and one working eye can remedy the problem with a little effort.

"Hanging chads" are VERY real--but they're more of a minor annoyance than a "serious issue"...

Last edited:

j4l

As someone who is old enough to have actually written code for computers that was processed on punch cards, I can attest to the fact that your statement is patently false....

Many was the evening as a young Computer Science student that I spent hours sifting through stacks of punch cards, knocking out chads so that my code would not have messed up bytes...

In the case of FL, the "hanging chad" issue was not a fabrication. It WAS, however, COMPLETELY blown out of proportion, because anyone with half a brain and one working eye can remedy the problem with a little effort.

"Hanging chads" are VERY real--but they're more of a minor annoyance than a "serious issue"...

I dont disagree. But, it's all the same, in my book. A non-issue that was severely manipulated, and used as a cheap excuse to try to sway an election result that some did not like. It shouldnt even have been given the time of day as an issue.
X # of A is still X # of A no matter how much one wants it to be B.

j4l

Had an excellent meeting today with Crash and Jojo and Jojo's legal partner.
The plans are laid, the nuts and bolts are being tightened up, and the issues-and hopefully, someday- the nuggets of future legislation- are being outlined.

Win, Lose or otherwise, this is going to be one interesting campaign-and one that's going to severely ruffle some feathers where it counts, so bring your own tissues-this one's going to get brutal. No Quarter!

Thank you, Crash for having the nads to step up to the plate and kick some. And thank's Jojo and Co. for the immense support and assistance. I look forward to working with all of you.

Look out Tallahassee...

Last edited: