• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Australia?

Haz.

Gold Coast high-rise sniper victim to set up paramilitary-style security firm.

""I'm going to try to base it on the South African concept but under Australian law, because we just can't fire at somebody.

"(But) our guards will be armed and will look very intimidating."

Sad but true. The only people shooting others, including armed police are criminals. I wonder what his guards will be armed with? He knows the law. His gaurds just can not fire at somebody. Haz.

Gold Coast high-rise sniper victim Hylton Miller to set up paramilitary-style security firm on Glitter Strip
by Greg Stolz From: The Courier-Mail June 18, 2011 12:00AM

NO PARADISE: Injured Hylton Miller migrated from crime-ridden South Africa. Pic: Channel 10 Source: Supplied
GOLD Coast shooting victim Hylton Miller is setting up a "paramilitary-style" security firm - complete with "intimidating" black-clad armed guards - to fight back "hard, fast and heavy" against gun-toting criminals.

Mr Miller, who is still recovering after being shot in a high-rise sniper attack in Surfers Paradise last December, revealed his plans yesterday after three shootings on the Glitter Strip in as many weeks.

He said the company, modelled on ones in his violent homeland of South Africa, was needed to combat the Gold Coast's spate of more than 80 armed robberies this year - including one last month in which police officer Damian Leeding was shot dead.

Read more:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...on-glitter-strip/story-e6freoof-1226077407965

Haz.

Armed robberies fuelled by drug addiction, says state police chief Bob Atkinson

"According to police, there have been a total of 407 armed robberies from January to May.'

407 armed robberies in 5 months is 81 per month. A far cry for the 20 per month quoted in another article. Like I said, many are not reported because of fear of reprisal and another attack any time day or night. Haz.

Armed robberies fuelled by drug addiction, says state police chief Bob Atkinson.

THEY are the figures that underline the armed robbery scourge that has shattered lives across the state.

More than one armed robbery a day is going unsolved as police scramble to catch the many drug-fuelled bandits stalking unsuspecting victims.

The Courier-Mail today lists all 181 unsolved robberies committed this year in an effort to help police uncover details which may lead to an arrest.

Analysis of the unsolved crimes has revealed:

• Two in three are committed south of the Brisbane River.

• Knives are the weapon of choice being used in almost two-thirds.

• One in six are committed in the street.

• Convenience stores are the most popular target.

• 44 victims suffered injuries including facial fractures and internal bleeding, stab wounds and pistol-whipping.

Read full article here:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ief-bob-atkinson/story-e6freoof-1226077338574

Haz.

Armed robber holds up bottle shop at Manly West.

Armed robber holds up bottle shop at Manly West
Suellen Hinde From: The Courier-Mail June 18, 2011 8:01AM

A MAN armed with a knife has robbed a liquor store in Manly West.

Police said just before 7.30pm a man armed with a knife entered the shop on the corner of Manly and Hargraves Road and demanded money from a male employee.

The man then fled the scene with a sum of cash and alcohol in an unknown direction.

Read More:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...op-at-manly-west/story-e6freoof-1226077471023

Haz.

ADELAIDE'S danger trains.

"Security guards have told The Advertiser that the Outer Harbor line is home to Adelaide's most dangerous rides, where even they are the target of attacks on an almost nightly basis.'

Its not only the Gold Coast that is a dangerous place. Makes no different where one travels anywhere in Aus. Haz.

ADELAIDE'S danger trains are being blitzed by undercover Transit Police in moves to clean up public transport.

It comes ahead of new $269 million fleet of electric trains that are set to hit the tracks in 2013.

The Department of Transport says the new electric trains will be Australia's safest and will feature enhanced CCTV coverage and a passenger emergency intercom at each doorway.

But the battle right now is for the department to retain patronage on Adelaide's worst train lines, where fearful passengers are turning away from public transport. Security guards have told The Advertiser that the Outer Harbor line is home to Adelaide's most dangerous rides, where even they are the target of attacks on an almost nightly basis.

Read More:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...es-danger-trains/story-e6frea83-1226077381044

KBCraig

20 armed robberies on Gold Coast in one month. And these are the ones reported by terrified victims. Many are not reported due to fear of reprisals.
I wonder whatever happened to my old forum mate Lewis Maynard, of Mooloolaba. He was a prolific gun collector and considered Mausers his first love, but he had an encyclopedic knowledge of Lee-Enfields, along with an admirable collection. I think the folks at Lithgow were on a first-name basis with him.

Last I heard, he secured a job as an airline pilot.

Haz.

I wonder whatever happened to my old forum mate Lewis Maynard, of Mooloolaba. He was a prolific gun collector and considered Mausers his first love, but he had an encyclopedic knowledge of Lee-Enfields, along with an admirable collection. I think the folks at Lithgow were on a first-name basis with him.

Last I heard, he secured a job as an airline pilot.

G-Day KBCraig.

Latest figures released from Queensland Gold Coast region is now 407 armed robberies in 5 months thats 81 per month. Not getting any better since the gun buyback is it?

If Lewis secured a job as an airline pilot he may have flew out of Qld., on his first job and stayed and stayed out? LOL, Haz.

Haz.

BP, Shell ban hoodies at Gold Coast petrol pumps after armed robbery epidemic

Truly amazing, although not unexpected, since the firearms ban crime seems to be on the increase and not declining as claimed by government ministers. Haz.
BP, Shell ban hoodies at Gold Coast petrol pumps after armed robbery epidemic.

Read More:

http://www.news.com.au/national/bp-...ast-petrol-pumps/story-e6frfkvr-1226077752175

Last edited:

Haz.

Get out of jail, free: Crims get away with murder

With the general population dissarmed, armed self defence declared illegal, what happens next? Easy, Criminals get out of jail FREE! Dont believe me, read this for yourselves;

" And thugs who bash people or sexually assault women likewise have almost no chance of serving any time."
. Haz.

The Sunday Telegraph June 19, 2011 12:00AM

Get out of jail, free: Crims get away with murder.

THUGS, thieves, drug dealers and dangerous drivers are being caught in record numbers by police only to walk free from justice without serving any jail time.

Nine out of 10 criminals found guilty of offences that could lock them up for two years get nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

More than half the criminals caught and convicted of robbery, burglary and break and enter don't go to jail. Only four out of 10 who are caught stealing a car go to jail.

And thugs who bash people or sexually assault women likewise have almost no chance of serving any time.

Even those found guilty of the most serious crimes that carry long jail terms are escaping serious punishment.

A Sunday Telegraph investigation into statewide figures has revealed the shocking leniency of our court system, with judges and magistrates releasing serious, often violent, offenders into the community.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...away-with-murder/story-e6freuy9-1226077751381

Haz.

Sydney man seriously injured in attack by strangers.

Sydney man seriously injured in attack

A YOUNG man has been left with serious injuries after he was set upon by a group of armed men in south Sydney, police have said.

The 20-year-old man and his friend, also aged 20, were waiting at a bus stop at Rockdale about 11.30pm last night when someone yelled at them from a passing car.

The car then stopped and four men got out and armed themselves with unidentified weapons from the boot.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...njured-in-attack/story-e6freuyi-1226077874512

Haz.

Home invasion, woman was followed into her house and threatened with a machete

Rockingham home invaders brandish machete
Katie Robertson From: PerthNow June 20, 2011 5:53AM

A WOMAN was followed into her house and threatened with a machete in a frightening attack in Rockingham last night.

Police Inspector Barry Mann said two men went to the home in Adina Way about 9pm and waited until the owner returned.

They then followed her into the house, brandished a machete and demanded money.

Read More:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...brandish-machete/story-e6frg13u-1226078249551

Haz.

A 76-YEAR-OLD grandmother battered and bruised with broken bones.

Gran injured after gatecrasher scare
Phil Hickey From: PerthNow June 20, 2011 5:07AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
Video

A 76-year-old Noranda grandmother fell and injured herself after turning out the lights in home to protect herself from gatecrashers. Picture credit: Kerris Berrington Source: PerthNow

Busy weekend for police in PerthWA police had a busy weekend responding to three out-of-control parties, a club glassing and two bashings.

A 76-YEAR-OLD grandmother has been left battered and bruised with broken bones after drunken youths gatecrashed a Noranda party.

The terrified grandmother, who did not want to be identified, said she feared for her life when 30 alcohol-fuelled teenagers descended onto her McNess Crt property after gatecrashing a neighbouring birthday party at 9.30pm on Saturday night.

Read More:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...tered-and-bruise/story-e6frg13u-1226078027390

Haz.

Drive-by-shooting in Canning Vale.

POLICE are investigating a drive-by-shooting in Canning Vale in the early hours of this morning.

At least one shot was fired through a garage door of a Bering Promenade home just after midnight.

The bullet went through the garage door and hit a car inside.

The people inside the house at the time of the shooting were uninjured.

Read More:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...rive-by-shooting/story-e6frg13u-1226078245420

Haz.

94-year old Gold Coast sex attack victim.

Now anything goes down under since the firearms ban. Criminal rapists can break into peoples homes knowing they will not be repelled by anyone armed and able to defend themselves. Haz.

Friend's plea after pervert attacks 94yo woman in her bed on Gold Coast
Greg Stolz From: The Courier-Mail June 21, 2011 11:26AM
A FRIEND of a 94-year old Gold Coast sex attack victim has made a heartfelt plea for public help to catch the "perverse" offender.

The elderly woman, a great-grandmother and widow, was indecently assaulted in her bed by a man who broke into her Mermaid Beach unit on Friday night .

The family friend, who did not want to be identified, fronted a police media conference on Tuesday to appeal for information to help detectives catch the attacker.

He said the 'appalling' attack had taken the Gold Coast's crime spree to a 'perverse' new level.

Read More:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ed-on-gold-coast/story-e6freoof-1226079132345

.45ACPaddy

Makes me wonder what would happen if hundreds, if not thousands, of people with absolutely no criminal records started shooting criminals dead, and the trend continued.

I think the number of home invasions would drastically decrease.

I also think the number of convictions related to illegal possession of a firearm would also increase, thanks to a crappy and corrupt legal system.

Makes me wonder if there's any chance that people would get a clue and change things.

Haz.

Woman stabbed in the back.

A WOMAN has been stabbed in the back after she and another man confronted a gang disturbing their neighbourhood.

Police said four men had been causing a disturbance along The Grange, at Nerang on the Gold Coast by rattling fences, knocking over wheelie bins and threatening residents.

One of the group threw a bottle at one resident standing in his driveway.

Two neighbours, including a 20-year-old woman and a 22-year-old man, heard the noise and confronted the men.

Police said a struggle ensued between the man and one of the gang members, who then produced a knife and stabbed the woman in the back .

Read More:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...alking-at-nerang/story-e6freoof-1226080930561

Haz.

Night Stalker terrorises rapes women . . .

POLICE want help to catch the offenders responsible for a spate of sexual and indecent assaults.

Many of the attacks have happened at bus stops and on public transport.

At least seven sexual or indecent assaults were reported in the past week, the most recent a man who exposed himself while sitting at a bus stop on Main North Rd, Prospect, on Thursday.

A man charged yesterday with raping a woman outside a southern suburbs hotel in May was bailed to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court next month.

The woman was inside the pub before the southern suburbs man, 20, allegedly raped her in the early hours of May 28.

Read More:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/help-catch-perverts-on-public-transport/story-e6frea6u-1226081667491

Haz.

Assaults on police officers are escalating

Assaults on police officers are escalating
Alison Sandy, Andrew MacDonald and Brooke Baskin From: The Courier-Mail June 28, 2011 12:01AM 110 comments.

TWO hundred assaults a month are being recorded against Queensland police amid concerns the violence is escalating because officers are losing community respect.

A Courier-Mail investigation, sparked by the death last month of Gold Coast detective Damian Leeding, found that 582 assaults had occurred on police in the first three months of this year. On average, one in four of the state's 10,400 officers are assaulted each year.

The figures have prompted Liberal National Party leader Campbell Newman, who last week appeared to rule out mandatory minimum sentencing, to now indicate he could revisit the policy.

LNP police spokesman John-Paul Langbroek has flagged tougher measures to reinstil respect for the state's law enforcers, including making it an offence to "back-chat'' officers.

Read More:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-are-escalating/story-e6freoof-1226083057595

Haz.

Brisbane suburb plans to ban hoodies in shops after spate of armed robberies

THE Brisbane bayside suburb of Wynnum will become a "hoodie-free zone" next month in a bid to fight the growing number of armed robberies.

Police have encouraged shopowners to demand customers remove their hoods when they enter the store to minimise their risk of becoming a "target".

Shops will be given a "Remove Hoodies on Premises" sticker during the one month trial, which is likely to be extended across South Brisbane and Oxley Districts.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/bri...wn/story-e6frfkvr-1226083800110#ixzz1QcUUg2JS

Haz.

Trigger-happy gangs taunting Melbourne police

Trigger-happy gangs taunting Melbourne police.

By Mark Buttler and Anthony Dowsley From: Herald Sun June 29, 2011 9:48AM
More shots fired in Melbournes suburbsShots have been fired again in Melbourne's northwest, as police investigate an escalating family feud.

Police seal off Hilda St, Glenroy, this afternoon after yet another shooting in Melbourne's northwest.

VICTORIA'S top cop has vowed to end the gang crisis gripping Melbourne's northern suburbs after another wild street shootout.

Armed thugs defied a police crackdown, trading gunfire from speeding cars as they roared through Glenroy last night, reported the Herald Sun.

It was the sixth shooting incident since February suspected of being linked to friction between warring Middle Eastern families.

Earlier this morning a gold Mercedes believed to have been involved in a another drive-by shooting in Glenroy 10 days ago was found abandoned.

After a top-level briefing with Police Minister Peter Ryan, Acting Chief Commissioner Ken Lay last night told the Herald Sun: "The identification and prosecution of those responsible for these actions is a very high priority for Victoria Police. Their behaviour, and the threat they present to our community, is simply unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

In other developments after the fifth shooting incident in nine days:

Read More:

http://www.news.com.au/national/res...boulevard-jacana/story-e6frfkvr-1226083686169