• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

usmcbess

Gamestop COD MW 3 release

I also OC'd on the 8th to go to gamestop in Eureka to pjck up my copy of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. As I was going in I saw a Stl coubty car with an officer i side it parked right out front. The guy turned out to be off duty and wss there for the same reason i was. I oc'd in there when I made my payments leading up to the release also......ohh yeah then i torn the crotch out of my pants getting in my suv. Lol

Jim40Cal

Went to Subway at 24 & Noland Rd and got my Veterans Day free sandwich. Two sheriffs deputys were standing right in front of me and dont think either one paid any attention to me. They got a call while we were standing in line and rushed out.

bjmloker

Question?

I know you have to have a permit to open carry in Bolivar,MO does that go for all permits issued by other states?? say i had a Virginia non-resident permit could i open carry in Bolivar?? just wondering

xdmcompact

I know you have to have a permit to open carry in Bolivar,MO does that go for all permits issued by other states?? say i had a Virginia non-resident permit could i open carry in Bolivar?? just wondering

If you have a CCW permit from a state that shares reciprocity with Missouri you are good, you would be able to OC in Bolivar By their ordinance. They have the exemption for CCW permit holders for OC. The only catch is some states require you to be a resident of that state in which your license is issued in order for reciprocity, if you have a non resident permit you may or may not be able to carry. You would need to check the reciprocity regulations for Missouri to confirm whether you are legal to OC or CCW.

Last edited:

bjmloker

If you have a CCW permit from a state that shares reciprocity with Missouri you are good, you would be able to OC in Bolivar By their ordinance. They have the exemption for CCW permit holders for OC. The only catch is some states require you to be a resident of that state in which your license is issued in order for reciprocity, if you have a non resident permit you may or may not be able to carry. You would need to check the reciprocity regulations for Missouri to confirm whether you are legal to OC or CCW.

Hey thanks for the input. I have been doing alot of research on Missouri's gun laws and found out alot of info.
 Missouri’s carrying concealed law recognizes all out-of-state permits, including those from political subdivisions — cities and counties. Also, keep in mind that Missouri’s peaceable journey law will apply to travelers, including those who do not have a permit.

 Out-of-state residents cannot obtain a Missouri concealed carry endorsement. However, nothing prohibits Missouri residents from obtaining a concealed carry permit from another state, and those permits would be valid in Missouri.

This is one of those i have found from the Missouri State Highway Patrol site. I just want to make sure everything is right by law so i can act on my 2nd amendment right. I am also new to OPENCARRY.ORG and hope to learn alot more from you guys THANKS!

Last edited:

cccook

Founder's Club Member
Logan's Road House

I normally CC but it was warm today in Springfield. My fiancee and I stopped for lunch at Logan's Road House on Battlefield near Fremont and it was also warm in the restaurant. We asked if they would lower the temperature a bit and they started working on it pretty quickly. In the meantime I slipped off my sweatshirt to cool off, which uncovered my HK USP .40 and spare mags in a shoulder holster.

I immediately noticed that the hostess was looking intently at me for quite some time. That was followed by a steady stream of waitstaff passing by carrying nothing. After ordering, the manager brought our food to the table and we enjoyed a brief, pleasant conversation. Then everyone went about their business.

I share these trivial details because this is the first time I have OCed in public other than to do yardwork around the house on private property. All in all it was a pleasant and uneventful experience, as I expected it might be.

Redbaron007

OCd all weekend in the Macon/Moberly area while up there hunting.

Got some looks on Saturday when we ate at The Bricks Rest in downtown Moberly. Ate at AJs in Macon for diner; got lots of looks but no comments.

Sunday, ate at The Bricks again with no issues; then at the Chinese Buffet that night. They had some looks, but no comments.

Monday, OCd all day, OCd in Columbia to get fuel and ate at Cracker Barrel. Got to Springfield and stopped at Price Cutter and Kum/Go, no issues.

xdmcompact

OC'ed in St. Charles County for dinner tonight, tried out a new burger place. Not a bad burger, now just hope we get one down towards the city so I don't have to drive so far for a good burger! Got the usual stares and gave some info to a friend of my wife's about CCW and OC that she was unaware of.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
OC'ed in St. Charles County for dinner tonight, tried out a new burger place.

Would that be Smash Burger? My Father and I went there yesterday. I would give it a 7 out of ten on food, a 4 out of ten on price and a 9.9 on service and cleanliness.

xdmcompact

Would that be Smash Burger? My Father and I went there yesterday. I would give it a 7 out of ten on food, a 4 out of ten on price and a 9.9 on service and cleanliness.

Why yes it was, pretty good burger. It is about as expensive as Fudd Ruckers which is where we usually go. Should have gave you a call to see if you would have liked to join us, but was about 8 when we got out that way already. May have to eat there again and will give you a heads up.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
. May have to eat there again and will give you a heads up.

Yes, do so, it would be worth a trip back. Gotta skip mon-thur though, work is insane and I have another big project in the works as well so I need some notice to hit a time slot. Give me a call and I will give it a shot next weekend if it fits you guys as well.

Morpheus97

I haven't posted on this thread in a while, so here are the activities from this weekend so far. OC'd at Culvers in St Charles last night for dinner, at Subway in Florissant for lunch today, and at Bandanas in St Peters for dinner this evening. The wife went back to our hometown this weekend to go deer hunting with her family, so my son and I are enjoying some quality time together this weekend (and eating out alot).

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I OC only a Moble Gas Station in Florissant, Jack N Box and Papa Johns Pizza. Not really great stores, but it was ok.

Watch out at mobil, all of the on the run's used to be posted, it might have changed but I would look very thoroughly before getting caught up in something.

Mototem45

OC today in Jefferson County...

Good thing having OC...... I love deer hunting.... I love my little bit of heaven property (600 acres) to hunt on, but even with signs, fences, gates, cameras, and even purple idiot paint, I still get each and every year, a truckload of blithering idiots that tell ME that they are going to hunt on my property...... I have been OC for many years, and it just amazes me that they want to argue telling me that they know the owner and have permission to be there.... I keep having to tell them that I am the owner and that they had better leave... I have had to pull my gun on numerous occasions to demonstrate that I mean business...... The audacity of these people to argue with a man with a gun is very stupid to me...... I have called the police and have been told to handle it for it could be 45 minutes or more before they could send a unit..... Our safety comes first and to hell with the consequences..... If my family is in jeopardy, I will shoot first and deal with it later....
All in all, I advocate Open Carry 24/7..... Living in the wilds of Missouri, you never know who or what may appear at your door...

wrightme

Good thing having OC...... I love deer hunting.... I love my little bit of heaven property (600 acres) to hunt on, but even with signs, fences, gates, cameras, and even purple idiot paint, I still get each and every year, a truckload of blithering idiots that tell ME that they are going to hunt on my property...... I have been OC for many years, and it just amazes me that they want to argue telling me that they know the owner and have permission to be there.... I keep having to tell them that I am the owner and that they had better leave... I have had to pull my gun on numerous occasions to demonstrate that I mean business...... The audacity of these people to argue with a man with a gun is very stupid to me...... I have called the police and have been told to handle it for it could be 45 minutes or more before they could send a unit..... Our safety comes first and to hell with the consequences..... If my family is in jeopardy, I will shoot first and deal with it later....
All in all, I advocate Open Carry 24/7..... Living in the wilds of Missouri, you never know who or what may appear at your door...

I suggest you discuss that choice with a lawyer. That is NOT the sort of action to undertake without a FULL understanding of your legal standing in a case of force escalation.

mspgunner

I suggest you discuss that choice with a lawyer. That is NOT the sort of action to undertake without a FULL understanding of your legal standing in a case of force escalation.

You are very correct, deadly force has rules, or even "pulling" a firearm can land you in jail if the self defense card is not appropriate, especially if you pull it as a threat as opposed to pulling and open fire to protect yourself froma "threat". You may be the bad guy! You cannot shoot a person for trespass even if they are armed if they are not a treat, hunting for example. I own rural property and have owned several through the years. Just metioning the LEOs are called should take care of it.
Don't be the one to go to jail, it makes for bad press.