• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA begins random road inspections in Tennessee, First State To Fight Terrorism Stat

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Such a person is not deserving of respect, they have no manners, hygiene, lawfulness or respect for their fellow man. Were it not for the police these people are attacking, I expect the scat throwers would have been dead long ago.

So, what of those who pick up rifles and shoot the police? You know, how this country was created.... I suppose that never should have happened either, and you have no respect for those people....

throwing turds is a lot less useful than shooting back, but it's more than you're doing.

Daylen

So, what of those who pick up rifles and shoot the police? You know, how this country was created.... I suppose that never should have happened either, and you have no respect for those people....

throwing turds is a lot less useful than shooting back, but it's more than you're doing.

How presumptuous, you have no idea what I'm doing.

Just because someone is throwing turds, does not mean it is justified. The first actions against England were not shots, it took a long time before fighting happened; those who start with fighting are not helping liberty.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Just because someone is throwing turds, does not mean it is justified. The first actions against England were not shots, it took a long time before fighting happened; those who start with fighting are not helping liberty.

Exactly how long ago do you think all this started? How much longer should we clutch the delusive phantom of hope... Those clanking chains, who do you think they're for?

The war is already upon us. Denial is for collaborators.

Throwing turds may not be pretty, but neither is tossing a grenade. If some people are to start firing back at a time and place where I might be so arrogant as to claim is improper, it's better they throw turds than grenades, eh?

Last edited:

DocWalker

I've never been such a horrible person that I deserved it. Were I one of these cops, I'd have no part to complain as I would deserve that and so much more.

I have not been such a horriable person either and are you applying I am? I worked in a state prison, it was a job, something to do between medical jobs. I tend to think the problem is the people throwing their crap and not the people that it is thrown at. I will go with the ones that have more class than to act like some wild animals.

DocWalker

Exactly how long ago do you think all this started? How much longer should we clutch the delusive phantom of hope... Those clanking chains, who do you think they're for?

Throwing turds may not be pretty, but neither is tossing a grenade. If some people are to start firing back at a time and place where I might be so arrogant as to claim is improper, it's better they throw turds than grenades, eh?

One would think throwing TEA of a ship would have gotten the point across about taxes before the shots started at the begining of our country, and to think they could have been throwing turds.

I don't see have flinging fecal matter equates to someones unhappiness about their job or financial situation. If that is all someone could come up with to show their displeasure and then they are putting themself into the same class of people that are in prison for rape and murder. One would like to think an intellegent person would come up with something more origional.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I have not been such a horriable person either and are you applying I am? I worked in a state prison, it was a job, something to do between medical jobs. I tend to think the problem is the people throwing their crap and not the people that it is thrown at. I will go with the ones that have more class than to act like some wild animals.

Hew dew yew knew he eees a keeng?

E asn't got sh!t awl over im...

Imperialism isn't class. Tyranny with manners is still tyranny.

DocWalker

Hew dew yew knew he eees a keeng?

E asn't got sh!t awl over im...

Imperialism isn't class. Tyranny with manners is still tyranny.

Agree that tyranny needs to be crushed I can think of better ways than throwing my crap and hoping it will go away. As for the rest of your comment, I'm having trouble understanding what you attempted to type.

Daylen

Who will be convinced by throwing excrement? The only good thing in this is that the throwers are pushing for free stuff and more state control, so at least most people won't be turned off of a good idea.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Who [u]are[/u] the terrorists?

Who is it that is attempting to intimidate or coerce the civilian population? Say, for example, on the Scotland-Jamestown Ferry; in Dulles Airport; in Oakland, California; at U.C. Davis? I, myself, feel intimidated and coerced. There was a report on the WTOP radio station news this morning about how DHS has cameras picking up and identifying license plates on vehicles traveling on the highways of the Commonwealth in order to keep records of who's going where and when. From a purely legal perspective, with reference to the statutory authority quoted below, that is an act of terrorism. The only reason to have a database of when a specific person goes to the grocery store, the route she takes, and which store she goes to, is to stalk that person. A person who is being stalked has good reason to feel intimidated and coerced.

But that's not the worst of it. You and I are spending money on these people's "security" programs - it's like being hit with your own stick.

=====

U.S. Code 18 U.S.C. § 2331
(5) the term "domestic terrorism" means activities that -

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended -

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
... and

(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
=====

42 U.S.C. § 1983 — Civil action for deprivation of rights

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

=====

U.S. Code 42 U.S.C. § 1985

(3) Depriving persons of rights or privileges

If two or more persons in any State or Territory conspire or go in disguise on the highway or on the premises of another, for the purpose of depriving, either directly or indirectly, any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws, or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws; or for the purpose of preventing or hindering the constituted authorities of any State or Territory from giving or securing to all persons within such State or Territory the equal protection of the laws; or if two or more persons conspire to prevent by force, intimidation, or threat, any citizen who is lawfully entitled to vote, from giving his support or advocacy in a legal manner, toward or in favor of the election of any lawfully qualified person as an elector for President or Vice President, or as a Member of Congress of the United States; or to injure any citizen in person or property on account of such support or advocacy; in any case of conspiracy set forth in this section, if one or more persons engaged therein do, or cause to be done, any act in furtherance of the object of such conspiracy, whereby another is injured in his person or property, or deprived of having and exercising any right or privilege of a citizen of the United States, the party so injured or deprived may have an action for the recovery of damages occasioned by such injury or deprivation, against any one or more of the conspirators.

=====

42 U.S.C. § 1986 — Action for neglect to prevent

Every person who, having knowledge that any of the wrongs conspired to be done, and mentioned in section 1985 of this title, are about to be committed, and having power to prevent or aid in preventing the commission of the same, neglects or refuses so to do, if such wrongful act be committed, shall be liable to the party injured, or his legal representatives, for all damages caused by such wrongful act, which such person by reasonable diligence could have prevented; and such damages may be recovered in an action on the case; and any number of persons guilty of such wrongful neglect or refusal may be joined as defendants in the action; and if the death of any party be caused by any such wrongful act and neglect, the legal representatives of the deceased shall have such action therefor, and may recover not exceeding $5,000 damages therein, for the benefit of the widow of the deceased, if there be one, and if there be no widow, then for the benefit of the next of kin of the deceased. But no action under the provisions of this section shall be sustained which is not commenced within one year after the cause of action has accrued.

=====

Va. Code § 18.2-46.4. Definitions. — As used in this article unless the context requires otherwise or it is otherwise provided:

"Act of terrorism" means an act of violence as defined in clause (i) of subdivision A of § 19.2-297.1 committed with the intent to (i) intimidate the civilian population at large; or (ii) influence the conduct or activities of the government of the United States, a state or locality through intimidation.

=====

§ 18.2-46.5. Committing, conspiring and aiding and abetting acts of terrorism prohibited; penalty. —

A. Any person who commits or conspires to commit, or aids and abets the commission of an act of terrorism, as defined in § 18.2-46.4, is guilty of a Class 2 felony if the base offense of such act of terrorism may be punished by life imprisonment, or a term of imprisonment of not less than twenty years.

B. Any person who commits, conspires to commit, or aids and abets the commission of an act of terrorism, as defined in § 18.2-46.4, is guilty of a Class 3 felony if the maximum penalty for the base offense of such act of terrorism is a term of imprisonment or incarceration in jail of less than twenty years.

C. Any person who solicits, invites, recruits, encourages, or otherwise causes or attempts to cause another to participate in an act or acts of terrorism, as defined in § 18.2-46.4, is guilty of a Class 4 felony.

=====

§ 18.2-46.6. Possession, manufacture, distribution, etc. of weapon of terrorism or hoax device prohibited; penalty. —

A. Any person who, with the intent to commit an act of terrorism, possesses, uses, sells, gives, distributes or manufactures (i) a weapon of terrorism or (ii) a "fire bomb," "explosive material," or "device," as those terms are defined in § 18.2-85, is guilty of a Class 2 felony.

B. Any person who, with the intent to commit an act of terrorism, possesses, uses, sells, gives, distributes or manufactures any device or material that by its design, construction, content or characteristics appears to be or appears to contain a (i) weapon of terrorism or (ii) a "fire bomb," "explosive material," or "device," as those terms are defined in § 18.2-85, but that is an imitation of any such weapon of terrorism, "fire bomb," "explosive material," or "device" is guilty of a Class 3 felony.

C. Any person who, with the intent to (i) intimidate the civilian population, (ii) influence the conduct or activities of the government of the United States, a state or locality through intimidation, (iii) compel the emergency evacuation of any place of assembly, building or other structure or any means of mass transportation, or (iv) place any person in reasonable apprehension of bodily harm, uses, sells, gives, distributes or manufactures any device or material that by its design, construction, content or characteristics appears to be or appears to contain a weapon of terrorism, but that is an imitation of any such weapon of terrorism is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

=====

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Who is it that is attempting to intimidate or coerce the civilian population?
Thanks user. The Department of Homeland Security is merely the security theater production company, comparable to #Occupy for street theater. They're obverse and reverse of the same slice of baloney.

OngoingFreedom

SCENARIO:

You're traveling on an interstate highway to some destination within your state while openly carrying a firearm on your person (a legal activity within the state)...

...As you step out of your car, your firearm is immediately noticed by a TSA agent...

Just a point of clarification.

In Tennessee it is illegal to go armed. Period. The Handgun Carry Permit (or all other state's equivalent) is simply a defense. If you choose to OC (which I do quite often) you invite inspection of your HCP.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk

PavePusher

Homeland Security is alive and well, and doing what it was intended to do in the good old USA.

The fact that we haven't suffered a major attack from radical Islamic terrorists in ten years is a testament to the effectiveness of the safeguards our nation has taken.

I have a charm that protects me from elephant attacks. I have not been attacked by elephants. Therefore the charm works. Repeat as required.

With all respect, giving up liberty for a false sense of security is a really, really bad trade.

(I'd say that the lack of succeful terror attacks in the U.S. has more to do with terrorist incompetence than DHS competence. Remember, the terrorists only have to be lucky once. We have to be lucky all the time.)

Last edited:

John Canuck

I have a charm that protects me from elephant attacks. I have not been attacked by elephants. Therefore the charm works. Repeat as required.

With all respect, giving up liberty for a false sense of security is a really, really bad trade.

(I'd say that the lack of succeful terror attacks in the U.S. has more to do with terrorist incompetence than DHS competence. Remember, the terrorists only have to be lucky once. We have to be lucky all the time.)

+1. Where was DHS when someone was trying to light his britches on fire. We were lucky he didn't have his act together.

The last time I got on a plane, TSA had a sign posted warning travelers that the TSA felt flights from Venezuela were risky because security measures in Venezuela did not measure up. I guess they don't inspect colostomy bags and diapers close enough.

Alexcabbie

Regarding those license tag readers

DC and MD have permanent stationary tag readers, but there are not a whole lot of them. They also have car-mounted readers. You've probably seen them, they are those two devices mounted at an outward angle on the rear of the car. Most folks think they are laser radar, but they are tag readers.

Virginia only has the mobile tag readers, but they are cued to GPS and record the current location of the reading. If someone doesn't want their tag read, then all they need do is stay to the rear of the cop car and turn down a side road, since the readers are pointed forward.

Interestingly, the further to the Left the government of the jurisdiction is, the longer they keep the data. DC keeps it for three years, Alexandria VA keeps it for TWO. Fairfax and other NOVA jurisdictions keep the data for months, weeks, or days.

Personally I think it's a good tool BUT.

I see no reason to keep the data any longer than it takes a corpse to stink so badly it cannot be ignored. Factoring in a few variables and allowing for sudden late discovery of suspicious circumstances (say, some kid gets snatched, molested, and let go but doesn't tell his or her parents until a week later - when memories of time and date are still fresh) I think that thirty calendar days is a reasonable limit for retention of this data. Any longer than that and you risk the possibility of for example the cops identifying a "known drug sales zone" and winding up yanking over some schlemiel who just visited his mistress every few days (or nights!) and drove through the area while he was sneaking home to the wife, or some such. In that case, use of the device could lead to the wife murdering the husband and/or the mistress.

Two or three years is WAY too long for such information to be of any use in any investigation. The only real use that two-year-old vehicle location information likely has is to assist sorry, lazy-ass po-lice (SLAPS) who could have and should have closed the case much sooner; and even then such stale info may actuall complicate the investigation and delay closure of the case.

SgtScott31

I've beaten radar speeding tickets in court twice, on procedural grounds. And had the other reduced to 5 over--which I admitted to, from 15. However, with my legal training and expertise in radar, I'm not an average opponent in court. I have no doubt an experienced cop is good at estimating speeds--at the correct offset. You cannot extimate a vehicle coming straight at you, however, which is what I was talking about--and the statutes governing use of radar as secondary confirmation, if you will. A good police officer will cut those going less than 10 over--no other factors, a break everytime. I've had several do so. I also beat a radar detector ticket in VA. That happens as often as one being struck by lightning...:)

All of my visual estimations are from vehicles coming straight at me, both from stationary and moving. There is no statute governing RADAR as a secondary confirmation in TN. I am not required to have RADAR to prove the violation of speeding in my courts. Nowhere in my post did I say that an officer doesn't cut people breaks. I rarely write a ticket, but if I do, it's for doing at least 15 over.

If you've beaten tickets on procedural grounds, I would like you to elaborate. Many people say they "beat" tickets when offered a plea or the officer doesn't show up to court. I wouldn't call this "beating" tickets.

MilProGuy

Many people say they "beat" tickets when offered a plea or the officer doesn't show up to court. I wouldn't call this "beating" tickets.

And neither would I.

You, and your LEO brothers and sisters across the nation, are faced with the possibility of dealing with the dregs of society each time you go on duty, so the rest of us won't have to. Also, you take the risk of having to lay your life on the line each day (or night) that you receive a call from the dispatcher or receive an order from your superiors.

On this national day of Thanksgiving, 2011, allow me to thank you for your service in the ranks of law enforcement.

Daylen

And neither would I.

You, and your LEO brothers and sisters across the nation, are faced with the possibility of dealing with the dregs of society each time you go on duty, so the rest of us won't have to. Also, you take the risk of having to lay your life on the line each day (or night) that you receive a call from the dispatcher or receive an order from your superiors.

On this national day of Thanksgiving, 2011, allow me to thank you for your service in the ranks of law enforcement.

Don't forget to thank the Fishermen who put their lives on the line every day to bring you food from the sea and Farmers who put their lives on the line every day to bring food to you table.

MilProGuy

Don't forget to thank the Fishermen who put their lives on the line every day to bring you food from the sea and Farmers who put their lives on the line every day to bring food to you table.

I won't forget.

But, I was responding to a particular individual and thanking him for his devoted service in law enforcement.

So far, this morning, no commercial fishermen or farmers have identified themselves for me to thank them for their much-appreciated contributions to our society.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

All of my visual estimations are from vehicles coming straight at me, both from stationary and moving. There is no statute governing RADAR as a secondary confirmation in TN. I am not required to have RADAR to prove the violation of speeding in my courts. Nowhere in my post did I say that an officer doesn't cut people breaks. I rarely write a ticket, but if I do, it's for doing at least 15 over.

If you've beaten tickets on procedural grounds, I would like you to elaborate. Many people say they "beat" tickets when offered a plea or the officer doesn't show up to court. I wouldn't call this "beating" tickets.

Independent recollection; failure to produce on discovery; confusion on how radar works, i.e., most likely target; hearsay. I never said cops don't cut breaks, of course they do. And not every state has secondary confirmation statutes. NH, VA and TX do, as well as many others dating from when radar was first used back in the '70s and not accepted as accurate measurement. When I say 'beating tickets,' I mean found not guilty or charges dismissed, or upon motion for directed verdict.
What is your point of reference in a 0 degree aspect approach? You're saying you can estimate speed from a Miata as accurately as an Escalade or semi coming straight at you while you're traveling probably over the speed limit? That is quite a skill.

Last edited: