• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New low for McAuliffe

sidestreet

Just heard a good one…,

Friend said she overheard McAwful say on a radio show that "If you like your gun, you can keep it."

I suppose we'll have to wait until after he's elected to see what he really meant when he was saying it.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sidestreet

Friend said she overheard McAwful say on a radio show that "If you like your gun, you can keep it."
"If you like your insurance you can keep it," said Obama.
I just don't like where they say I should stick it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I suppose it doesn't matter, since the governor is not King and there is presently no political capital for gun control within the Virginia state legislature.
Governor can "legislate" state agencies by executive order - that covers a LOT of ground.

aisiguy

I'm terribly disappointed that our members are speaking on Bloomberg's behalf.

I'm terribly disappointed that members may not be voting to stop the candidate that Bloomberg has pushed on us.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you say so. The only state agency I really care about already prohibits me.

I guess there's the DMV, but I don't spend a whole lotta time there.
State Parks could be changed by executive order and with that would go NPS land - just the tip of the icebrg.

It seems a shame that only the one agency that prohibits you counts. What happened to standing up for the other people's rights/pricipals?

Or did I misunderstand you?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
State Parks could be changed by executive order and with that would go NPS land - just the tip of the icebrg.

It seems a shame that only the one agency that prohibits you counts. What happened to standing up for the other people's rights/pricipals?

Grapeshot and I were both at Election Central and it was a pretty somber bunch all night.

marshaul, that's the attitude the Chippers took when non permit holders were banned from the General Assembly building, that's the attitude they take over carrying during ML and Bow Season, that's the attitude the police take.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

:rolleyes:

Meh. Nobody cares enough about my rights to address the national forests issue. And I'm not talking hypotheticals; my rights are infringed every day. So don't blame me if I don't feel loads of solidarity goin' on.

Somewhere, the world's smallest violin plays.

Last edited:

HPmatt

There is one reason, however, why a vote for the losing Sarvis is not wasted, while a vote for the losing Cuccinelli is...

We got a winner here - one of the 3,000 that put McAuliffe in office! Please don't ask me about where to move to Texas when the State Patrol knocks on your door to register your guns.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
We got a winner here - one of the 3,000 that put McAuliffe in office! Please don't ask me about where to move to Texas when the State Patrol knocks on your door to register your guns.

You presume my vote might have gone to Cuccinelli were Sarvis not on the ballot. It would not.

optiksguy

Give him a break, at least Sarvis got to the magical 10% mark, right? :banghead:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
:rolleyes:

Meh. Nobody cares enough about my rights to address the national forests issue. And I'm not talking hypotheticals; my rights are infringed every day. So don't blame me if I don't feel loads of solidarity goin' on.

Somewhere, the world's smallest violin plays.

If you stand alone, it would seem to be self-imposed. No one has abandoned you.

National forest are a federal issue. State forests are a Virginia issue. Totally different areas of control.
http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/ern/02jul/overview.php

HPmatt

It sure looks to me like Sarvis was a stooge to split the non-democrat vote. It worked. Kind of like what Ralph Nader did to Algore. I guess if you have Ron Paul telling folks that Sarvis is not really a libertarian - did 130,000 folks think that was some kind of conspiracy?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If you stand alone, it would seem to be self-imposed. No one has abandoned you.

National forest are a federal issue. State forests are a Virginia issue. Totally different areas of control.
http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/ern/02jul/overview.php

The laws of concern in National Forests are state laws. :banghead:

I know you know this:

First, the primary laws governing possession of firearms and other weapons on National Forest are state laws.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5066182.pdf

Then, Va. statute says carry only during certain hunting season in national forest:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+reg+4VAC15-40-60

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
"If you like your insurance you can keep it," said Obama.

He did not say WHERE or HOW LONG or or or ....

Man, I'm sorry I ever voted for the guy.

KIDDING !

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Give him a break, at least Sarvis got to the magical 10% mark, right? :banghead:
Riiight. Try 7% - even a recount won't help him.

An individual who looked a lot like Sarvis jumped on the platform at the Richmond Merriot affair tonight, yelling/ranting at the audience - had to be removed from the premises. Hardly good form - endeared him to no one.