• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New low for McAuliffe

aisiguy

A vote for Sarvis is a vote for McAuliffe.

My vote goes to try to stop him. Stand and fight.

BillB

If Cuccinelli loses it isn't because gun owners didn't stand with him it's because he kicked gun owners to the curb multiple times and never tried to fix it.

More likely a Cuccinelli loss will be because he pissed off too many female voters.

sparkman2

A vote for Cuccinelli is a wasted vote at this point.

Mine's still going to Sarvis.

There is no such thing as a wasted vote. Vote for the person who best reflects your ideas on how the state should be ran and go with them. Some say Cuccinelli cannot win. Well if that is the case then how much of a chance does Sarvis have? More or less? Which leaves us with McAuliffe whose is bought and paid for by Bloomberg and the Clintons. We will become what California and New York are already as far as gun control. That is reality folks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grapeshot....get ready to edit this post and chastise me....never mind. I did it myself.:mad:

Marco, as always....Bravo!
Sparkman, the same!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
There is no such thing as a wasted vote. Vote for the person who best reflects your ideas on how the state should be ran and go with them. Some say Cuccinelli cannot win. Well if that is the case then how much of a chance does Sarvis have? More or less? Which leaves us with McAuliffe whose is bought and paid for by Bloomberg and the Clintons. We will become what California and New York are already as far as gun control. That is reality folks.

Well, I was trying to be ironical. :p

There is one reason, however, why a vote for the losing Sarvis is not wasted, while a vote for the losing Cuccinelli is: the LP is damn close to regularly polling and coming in at the "magic" 10%, at which point they are recognized by Virginia law as a political party, and presumably will get more access to debates etc. The better the LP does on a regular basis, the closer we come to some sort of alternate opinion (one which can't be simply ignored) in the political discourse, something Virginians desperately need – more than we need any particular outcome in this election, frankly.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Bloomberg thanks you!

There is no way that either of the two following things will happen:

1. The Cooch wins tomorrow.

2. Any gun control is passed while McAuliffe is governor.

I'm going to remind y'all of these predictions once they have proven true. One at a time.

Sorry folks, but I can't help it if you live in the alternative universe of Republican fear-mongering. What I say is inarguably true for anyone who isn't stuck there. :lol:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There is no way that either of the two following things will happen:

1. The Cooch wins tomorrow.

2. Any gun control is passed while McAuliffe is governor.

I'm going to remind y'all of these predictions once they have proven true. One at a time.

Sorry folks, but I can't help it if you live in the alternative universe of Republican fear-mongering. What I say is inarguably true for anyone who isn't stuck there. :lol:

Time will tell marshaul. Just like talking to Chippers who want to make Va a permit state, I'm sick of talking politics with people that want to play Russian roulette with our politics.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Time will tell marshaul. Just like talking to Chippers who want to make Va a permit state, I'm sick of talking politics with people that want to play Russian roulette with our politics.

I agree with that last remark. The difference is, I imagine, that from where I sit it is the GOP – with their unelectable candidates and (more importantly) un-supportable/indefensible platform – who are playing all the Russian roulette.

va_tazdad

Unfortunately, I fear this Carpet-bagger will win

The real laugh will be when he increases taxes and tries to push all thge state employees on to NObama Care. Watch how fast the recall starts. Let's just hope he is recalled BEFORE he causes too much damager.

Don't say I didn't warn you. ;>)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Our esteemed moderator is simply, factually wrong when he says, "Cuccinelli on the other hand has always been a staunch advocate for gun rights".
Bear in mind that as Attorney General he represents the State as the state's attorney. As a senator, he consistantly voted for the people's right to self-defense.

mpguy

I just voted... Walked right in with no effort. Was kinda shocked. Thought the line would be long.

So...
Light'em Up!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm terribly disappointed that our members are speaking on Bloomberg's behalf.

If you'd like to know what I'm disappointed in Tess, I could work on a treatise in my spare time !

Last edited: