• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just being there, bearing witness, that would be something. Him seeing you -- that would be something else. :)

poindexter.jpg
images

[size=+2]I see you, sucka![/size]

I know; it's rude to point. But at least it's not illegal.

Anybody wanting to take a road trip starting at 5:30 AM* from the intersection of Chippenham Parkway (VA 150)/I-95/Jeff Davis Highway (US 1) area (leaving well more than sufficient time for any delays) please respond.

stay safe.

* - Just about everybody knows I do not "do" mornings. To commit to this road trip indicates the level of desire to do this.

scouser

guys, check the case information again to make sure I haven't misread it, but it looks like it's been continued for Feb 17th 2015 at 2pm

Traffic/Criminal Case Details
Case/Defendant Information
Case Number : GC14011237-00 Filed Date : 12/01/2014 Locality : COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Name : POINDEXTER, GERALD G Status : Released On Recognizance Defense Attorney : KELLEY, P
Address : ELBERON, VA 23846 AKA1 : AKA2 :

Charge Information
Charge : DWI, 1ST
Code Section : A.18.2-266 Case Type : Misdemeanor Class : 1
Offense Date : 11/29/2014 Arrest Date : 11/29/2014 Complainant : SLODYSKO, OFF. J
Amended Charge : Amended Code : Amended Case Type :

Hearing Information
Date Time Result Hearing Type Courtroom Plea Continuance Code
12/09/2014 08:30 AM Continued
02/17/2015 02:00 PM

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Looks like they moved it to 2:00 PM to accommodate Skid.

:cool:

Did not realize I had so much power.:eek:

Not only moved the time, but the date as well. Now no need to worry that attending the Greater Richmond OC Dinner will be threatened by still being doubled over with laughter.

Road trip still on - just new date & time. Betting that Grapeshot is still calling shotgun, I have between 1 & 2 seats (I think I remember how to un-stow the stow-and-go seat).

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Not only moved the time, but the date as well. Now no need to worry that attending the Greater Richmond OC Dinner will be threatened by still being doubled over with laughter.

Road trip still on - just new date & time. Betting that Grapeshot is still calling shotgun, I have between 1 & 2 seats (I think I remember how to un-stow the stow-and-go seat).

stay safe.
Was hopin'.

va_tazdad

stay safe.

WELL, now that it is at a reasonable time, (I would still be at work when you left, and since when do they hold court at 0830?) I can't wait to tag along. I am sure there will be a number of vehicles that could/would/should form a convoy!

Let the good times roll !!!!

;>)

wrearick

It also allows him to continue to milk the taxpayers for his salary for 2 months before his remaining in office gets called into question.....right now he is only accused - he has not been convicted of anything

va_tazdad

It also allows him to continue to milk the taxpayers for his salary for 2 months before his remaining in office gets called into question.....right now he is only accused - he has not been convicted of anything

LOL What's 2 more months, he has been milking the taxpayers for years?

;>)

sidestreet

Hmmm…,

Disclaimer, satirical of course..........

pwvFLxB.jpg

"Nobooody know, de trouble I'z seen, Nobooody knows, my sorrow"

Lookout chonda boys, Missuh Pawndexer say he ain't a'sittin' in de back o' de ferry fuh' nobody, no mo! Ho, Ho, Ho, Christmas cummin' early dis year!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

2a4all

As I said, dogpiling evidence. Seriously, the CA hears every dodge and excuse about why the breathalyzer test results should not be admitted, and I wpould not be surprized if he does not submit a binder full of motions (with GPS locator attached should they become "misplaced") seeking to do just that.

I'm absolutely, positively, 100% sure the James City County Police never even considered what having Poindexter perform six (6) field sobriety tests with folks getting off/getting on the ferry passig right by might do to his pride or his public reputation. And speaking of which - does one wait to FOIA the dashcam videos until after the preliminary hearing?

stay safe.

Do you suppose that these videos will show any sort of "police brutality" or "use of excessive force"? We wouldn't want the actions of James City County's finest called into question by some sort of protest.

If in fact these videos show appropriate treatment of a minority suspect, do you suppose they'll "go viral" on u-tube as an example of an upstanding citizen fully cooperating with law enforcement during a traffic stop?

Is a breathalyzer test proof positive that the subject could breath?

2a4all

stay safe.
You do realize that this postponement is to bring his court appearance into sync with Rev Al's schedule, right?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Do you suppose that these videos will show any sort of "police brutality" or "use of excessive force"? We wouldn't want the actions of James City County's finest called into question by some sort of protest.

If in fact these videos show appropriate treatment of a minority suspect, do you suppose they'll "go viral" on u-tube as an example of an upstanding citizen fully cooperating with law enforcement during a traffic stop?

Is a breathalyzer test proof positive that the subject could breath?

This comment suggests there is also an appropriate treatment of non-minority suspects. (All y'all realize, don't you, that in both Surry and James City Counties a honkey like me is the official minority. Go check the census reports.)

When the videos are received we will need to check them frame-by-frame to see if we can spot the blow to his kidney(s) or the pelvic area. (And I'm omewhat disappointed samples were not collected to see if there was any trace of vinegar.*)

stay safe.

* - Think about it. And no, it has nothing to do with a clean sample. Two slightly used Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies to the first one who explains things.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This comment suggests there is also an appropriate treatment of non-minority suspects. (All y'all realize, don't you, that in both Surry and James City Counties a honkey like me is the official minority. Go check the census reports.)

When the videos are received we will need to check them frame-by-frame to see if we can spot the blow to his kidney(s) or the pelvic area. (And I'm omewhat disappointed samples were not collected to see if there was any trace of vinegar.*)

stay safe.

* - Think about it. And no, it has nothing to do with a clean sample. Two slightly used Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies to the first one who explains things.

Since the video's are evidence in a "Criminal Case"...I expect they'll use that exemption to refuse the FOIA request...but you never know til you try.

Bob1

stay safe.

Same courthouse where you were tried, Skid?

Now that it's a more sensible time of day, I might just come on down for a repeat. I hate to be accused of Schadenfreude but I guess what goes around comes around, huh?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Now that it's a more sensible time of day, I might just come on down for a repeat. I hate to be accused of Schadenfreude but I guess what goes around comes around, huh?
Think this will be heard on the other side of the Riva.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Think this will be heard on the other side of the Riva.

Yeppers! Some might consider taking Rt 10 and the ferry to get there, or going that way back home.

stay safe.

Williamsburg/James City County General District Court
9th Judicial District of Virginia
General District Courts Informational Pamphlet

Clerk

Ms Karen D.K. Snyder
Phone/Fax

Phone: (757) 564-2400
Press 7 on menu for staff person
Fax: (757) 564-2410
Clerk's Office Hours

7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Address

5201 Monticello Avenue, Suite 2
Williamsburg, VA 23188-8218

**Appropriate attire required in the Courtroom.**

In order to maintain order and uphold the dignity and decorum of the judicial branch of our government, rules of conduct and attire for litigants, counsel, witnesses, court staff and spectators will ensure that persons in teh 9sic0 courtroom do not obstruct or interfere with the orderly transaction of court business nor degrade or insult the dignity of the judicial process, judicial officers, witnesses, or others in the courtroom.

Shirts (with shirt tails tucked in) and shoes must be worn in the courtroom.

Prohibited attire includes: shorts of any kind, or cut-off jeans; halter, tube or tank tops, "muscle shirts"; strapless dresses/tops; shirts/tops with midriffs exposed; mini-skirts; clothing with obscene, vulgar or offensive language or pictures; see-through blouses; bathing suits; sunglasses; flip flops; hats or bandanas.

In addtion, the following are also not allowed: food and beverage; chewing gum; tobacco products of any kind; cell phones or other electronic devices (unless necessary for a court hearing, and with the Judge's permission).

1 - remember to wear your big boy pants (although finding a store that sells them might be easier on that side of the river)

2 - looks like tee shirts with the poster on the front are not going to be allowed - the image (not the poster) meets all three categories

Last edited: