• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King [CCW]shooting', MiamiHerald.com

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Milbars wrote:
I was running this scenario through my head and came to a sticky point. BG comes in with pistol/knife/whatever out, goes right to the register and demands money. At this point, depending on where you are sitting, you may be at his "6 o'clock". We know how courts view backshots so how do you handle this? Let him go? Call out to him so his back is no longer turned to you (after your pistol is out and aimed)? And just to add some fun, you are the only one carrying in the place and you have your spouse with you.

Heis still an imminent threat to people, regardless of his positioning. You better keep in mind your shooting abilities, and how close innocents are and what is behind him in the event your rounds go past him for some reason.

Ina perfect world, your rounds will be in the "5" ring (ofa TransTarII target) and they won't exit his body. Back to reality, your rounds may exit and hit a kid suckin down his Triple-Thick Chocolate Shake.

Who is with you should be irrelevant. They're just a better reason to keep this BG off the street.

Yes, I spenda LOT of time playing out "what if's" everywhere I go. When I enter a place, I look for entry and exit points, places of cover and concealment, scan for 'threats' (shady looking characters), and then play "what would I do if..." while I'm there. Does this sound paranoid? Maybe. Will it save my life some day? Maybe.

Milbars

imported post

I'm with you. I've been playing what if and looking for exits ever since I enlisted. I wanted to post a hypothetical for people after reading the responses in this thread. Some people say "My family is with me, dude is going down" or "My family is with me, we're playing it cool until he leaves, all he wants is the money". Being aware of what is beyond your target is one of the fundamentals that should always be considered when you are thinking of engaging your target. I also did not specify whether "you" were OC'ing or CC'ing. Just curious to see what kind of responses I could get.