• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 in the chamber

RHVette

imported post

one in the chamber, no safety. No, I'm not a nutjob; it's a SIG :lol: load it, decock it, double action first shot with 17+1 capacity:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:+:lol:

aikidoka

imported post

My carry gun right now is a walther ppk/s. When I carried I had one in the chamber. Make sure the trigger guard is covered by your holster. You could leave the safety on if you're worried, but make sure you practice hitting it when you draw. Unfortunately, it's the opposite direction of the 1911 so if you have the urge to get one of those in the future, consider that your training will be a problem and leaving the safety off (double action first trigger pull) might be best at this time.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

When I first started OC'ing: empty chamber. Lasted about half a week. Then one in the chamber, safety on. Lasted about another week. Thenone in the pipe, safety off, hammer down, DA first pull and been that way for over 2 years now!

fenderpamd

imported post

I carry a Colt M1991A1...one in the chamber...full magazine...cocked and locked w/safety on. With the 1911, when one is on the chamber, the hammer is fully back and in condition one, single action, but it has the holster strap around the hammer and has apalm safety. So unless you have it gripped in your hand, it can't fire. Greatcarry gun.

Prometheus

imported post

Chambered. Always. Look close enough and you'll even see the loaded chamber indicator on my Springfield XD when I OC ;)

Just because this thread doesn't enough :celebrate I'm going to add one: :celebrate

"I''ve got a fever... and the cure is... more :celebrate!"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Prometheus wrote:
SNIP I've got a fever... and the cure is... more :celebrate!"

Oh, great.

That just reinforces the"nuts" cartoon. Now we're bananas. :)

Keep it up guys. People will soon say we're a few scoops shy ofbanana split.

tattedupboy

imported post

I always carry with one in the pipe too. However, does anyone on this board have the cajones to carry a glock in a smartcarry with one in the pipe? Do you still have any cajones? I can honestly say that the only time I have carried with an empty chamber is when I carried my Glock 22 in a Smart Carry. I just couldn't imagine having a loaded gun with no manual safety devices that close to my baby making parts.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I like using analogous references to other animals when it comes to human action and natural rights. A natural right being self preservation, which all animals possess. Anyway... Snakes keep their venom sacks loaded, cats have their claws/teeth at the ready, and squid have a black liquid they squirt out when threatened, loaded and ready for use immediatly. All of the animals in nature have their self preservation tools at the ready for full and immediate use. If you are carrying for self preservation then you should have your tool in the same condition, simply because when you will need it most it will need to be fully ready. Any amount longer it takes you to respond with your tool, your chances of survival are less.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

stanicus wrote:
Hello all. New to the board, CC for last 6 years. I recently traded my Ruger sp101 in on a Walther PPK (always wanted one) for easier concealment. Since I am going from a revolver to a semi-automatic pistol, I have an interesting quandary. The question is to chamber or not to chamber the first round. I am looking for the general opinion of what others are doing. Thanks for your input.

Your index finger is your safety. Keep it off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you've made the decission to fire.

End of discussion :banghead:

David.Car

imported post

RHVette wrote:
one in the chamber, no safety. No, I'm not a nutjob; it's a SIG :lol: load it, decock it, double action first shot with 17+1 capacity:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:+:lol:
Sig p226 18+1 capacity flush fit :D

Only time Iwon't have one in the chamber is when it is sitting at home. As a home defense gun I am relying on the lay out of the house and distance someone would need to travel through doors as enough time topick the gun up off the dresser andrack the slide.

Dahwg

imported post

Rains wrote:
I carry condition 1 on my Ruger P95, decocked and manual safety on. The reason I never carry Condition 2 is because I never carry my gun with the safety off. If I were to carry con 2, safety on, when I chambered the first round, the decocker would automatically lower the hammer, putting my weapon in the exact state of readiness that it would be in carrying condition 1, so all I really did was waste my time. :?

I, like many others, dont feel like staking my life, or anothers, on precious few seconds it takes to rack and fire that first round from condition 2.

-Rains

EDIT: Im packing 15+1 in my P95, for the record :)

Me too on my CZ p-01except that would make it condition 2. :p Condidtion one is cocked and locked. Condition 2 is decocked condition 3 is no rounds in the chamber. (Just nit-picking).

As others have noted, no difference between a revolver and a decocker in terms of safety.

And yeah- the banana rox your face!!!!! :celebrate

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Carry w/one in the chamber whether it's a GLOCK, Sig, H&K, Kimber 1911, or Kahr.

Remember, it's called a "handgun," NOT a "handsgun."

Unless you're having a quickdraw duel @ high noon, you willNEED your other hand for something else.

Walleye

imported post

Condition 3, but only because I work with animals a lot. I've been practicing drawing + racking the slide during the draw and I can have the slide racked in the same amount of time it takes to draw.