• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

12 Jul 10 - Ruck Hump - Open Carry - Police Called (VIDEO LINK)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
DSC_0060-640x480.jpg

t33j

You know, it'd be a simple task to wire up the shutter release to a small explosive charge. :lol:

>>> JK JUST KIDDING <<<<

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
TJ, you have better eyes than I do. Is that a Deer parked in MY woods.

IMG_1403-640x480.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Oh god no... but I can dream. You should know how many semesters of school / nice guns / cases of ammo / awesome steaks that would cost.

I am still drooling...

Oh Mike/John, this is OC related. I OC mostly for Dog Hunters and these.

bear-4.jpg

I'll quit posting them now:cry:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
She's one of my 6 permanent bears.

She had cubs again this year, I just haven't had the time to take many pictures of them.

In a normal summer, I get a thousand or so combined bear, deer, turkey pics. a week.

Last edited:

conhntr

What do you hope the result of carrying a longgun will be?
What do you hope the result of open carrying a handgun will be?

simmonsjoe

Learning to hunt.

I always wanted to learn to deer hunt. Unfortunately for me, my dad lives in Florida, wears ascots, and carries a man-bag. I tried teaching myself this season, and it was a failure. I went to a county park on a doe day. I really think I could have bagged a deer, if it weren't for the plethora of complete assholes hunting with dogs!!

Even worse, dog hunting in the park IS ILLEGAL. They did it anyways.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I always wanted to learn to deer hunt. Unfortunately for me, my dad lives in Florida, wears ascots, and carries a man-bag. I tried teaching myself this season, and it was a failure. I went to a county park on a doe day. I really think I could have bagged a deer, if it weren't for the plethora of complete assholes hunting with dogs!!

Even worse, dog hunting in the park IS ILLEGAL. They did it anyways.

That's the 30% Joe!
A couple of years ago I got a picture of a couple in a truck driving through one of my fields. I tried to find out who they were to ask politely not to come back.:uhoh:

The Game Warden found out and almost begged me to leave them alone and let him handle it. I did and it turned out they were convicted felons and their rifles had the serial numbers filed off. I wonder where they got them.
The Warden had just been looking for an excuse to search the car and I was it.
THESE ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE!

Learning to hunt is easy. Learn the animals first. That takes time. I hunt every day of the week.
The killing part is just learning to shoot well and having a little patience.

conhntr

Uh my point was that any argument that supports oc a handgun makes just as much sense applied to carry of a longgun

people earlier in the thread where condeming a ruckhump with q longgun

I support oc and do so all the time. However I think it's hypocritical for an opencarrier to claim oc of a long gun is just for troublemakers

ElevenBravo

However I think it's hypocritical for an opencarrier to claim oc of a long gun is just for troublemakers

Okay, thanks... that makes a lot of sense, thanks for that follow up, and I too... feel the same. It is personal choice, just like to OC or not to OC. Its covered under 2A, "Arms" is not defined as a pistol or long arm, just firearm. :)

If I keep getting "stopped" OCing during my road marches, then it may come to OC a long gun with the sake of MAKING A POINT, and have my daughter 200 paces behind with the camcorder. Of course, Ill have the wireless mic, it has at least 100 foot range!

Anyway, just food for thought at this point...

Cheers,
Andrew

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Uh my point was that any argument that supports oc a handgun makes just as much sense applied to carry of a longgun

people earlier in the thread where condeming a ruckhump with q longgun

I support oc and do so all the time. However I think it's hypocritical for an opencarrier to claim oc of a long gun is just for troublemakers

Sorry. The question sounded cryptic.

Look at my post. I didn't condemn it. I said it was a bad idea or something like that.
I carry a long gun. When I'm in town it stays in the truck. The reason is that even though I have a perfect right to carry it, it causes unneeded attention.

I have to live in two worlds unfortunately. One is where my nearest neighbor is a mile away and it's a gun club.

The other is around people, many that live for nothing other than making my life miserable.

Much of OC is public relations. Since I'm not known for my tact I find the PR is better if I don't have a cop asking what I need a 45/70 for, every ten minutes.

I carry a handgun for self protection, not to see how far I can push the local police department.

On occasion when there is a problem area, I will OC in it just to get a reaction from the police or go with other OC'ers to film it.
With the the above exception, I try to keep a low profile. Not invisible, just unobtrusive.

I have a certain obligation to fellow gun owners to not cause problems for them. A good example is filming the Bartender. I did not carry a gun any of those times in case it became an issue.
Even when I filmed him at WWBT, I was not carrying and didn't have one in the car.

That's not a rule anybody else has to follow. It's a personal decision we all have to make ourselves.