• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

18yo CPL carry INTRODUCED!

kito109654

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but this is a crazy idea. Scientist say that the frontal cortex doesn't develope fully untill age 25. Thats when they get control of their impulses, thats why car insurence goes down at 25. I go to a tech college and there is no way in hell I would want to see some , I said some of these kids have a gun. I would have to say no to this one, unless there was a required class and trainning that went along with it.:cry::(:cry:

I don't mean any offense by it but you don't belong on this board. You can't "kind of" support any of therights, the Constitution is mutually exclusive of anything but integrity.

Despite what scientists say or have discovered, a person becomes a legal adult at 18. That's our system. End of story.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kito109654 wrote:
seattleric007 wrote:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but this is a crazy idea. Scientist say that the frontal cortex doesn't develope fully untill age 25. Thats when they get control of their impulses, thats why car insurence goes down at 25. I go to a tech college and there is no way in hell I would want to see some , I said some of these kids have a gun. I would have to say no to this one, unless there was a required class and trainning that went along with it.:cry::(:cry:

I don't mean any offense by it but you don't belong on this board. You can't "kind of" support any of therights, the Constitution is mutually exclusive of anything but integrity.

Despite what scientists say or have discovered, a person becomes a legal adult at 18. That's our system. End of story.
+1

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

You people make some good points. But what about mister Grainger at Folklife, there is a perfect example of a knuckle head costing us our gun rights because of inmaturity and irresponsible actions. Do you want to give the media and anti gunners more examples of conceal carriers doing the wrong thing. Don't get me wrong if an 18 year old can do the right thing with a conceal carry gun, I think thats great, and I fully support it. But just look at the young cops who do stupid stuff and they are trainned. Maturity and life experiance make a big difference. In 2008 there were 3,229 murders committed by 18 to 21 year olds in the U.S. 1378 were committed by whites and 2,023 were committed by blacks.I will keep an open mind on this and do some more critiacal thinking on the subject, I still have to check outthemap with the 8 states who do this. I'll get back to you.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
But just look at the young cops who do stupid stuff and they are trainned.

Maybe we should all just listen to my mom then. She asks how I could save myself with a handgun when 4 cops with all their training got killed......:banghead:
I tried to explain many times...

Either way, my letters to legislators asking for more support have already been sent, and I will be calling Rep Brendan Williams and Dave Upthegrove to thank them. Matt Shea is on the Judiciary committee and he had expressed some interest in taking a look at my bill before we had found out it was introduced, I will be giving him a call also.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Poosharker,

There's no guarantee that any of us could save ourselves if we carry a gun. It only increases our chances of survival in a life/death situation. I don't know about your mom, but I want the best chance of survivable as humanly possible. Carrying a gun increases my chances a lot, but it makes no guarantee. Heck, if I were to save up money, I could get a bullet proof vest (which I'm highly considering). But I still need to get myself a nice LED flashlight that I could mount to my G23 first, and maybe some very powerful pepper spray as a non lethal alternative.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I totally agree with that.

It's just like what Suzanna Hupp said, it would change the odds.

It's just a tool to help me, not a life guarantee.

As for pepper spray, I got shot with some cheap $10 stuff point blank in the face, and that took me out for about an hour. It's all about placement, not the power.;)

Crypto

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
As for pepper spray, I got shot with some cheap $10 stuff point blank in the face, and that took me out for about an hour. It's all about placement, not the power.;)
well you got it figured out then, ooooop poosharker doesn't need a gun now everything is off. he has it taken care of.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

lmao

.45ACPaddy

imported post

You weren't drunk or high, I assume. Some people can take a LOT of pain, especially under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Or both.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I wasn't the one that was drunk or high. I do have some weird skin allergy condition that let's me tolerate pain a bit more but....damn.

Pepper spray VS Poosharkers face = No school the next morning.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Ok Crypto, since your unemployed, you should use your time to call the judiciary committee and tell them you want a hearing for HB 3082:idea:. 30 seconds of your precious time away from dogs wanting to attack your son and your wife wanting to bike.

Crypto

imported post

How many people do you think would show up to that meeting if there was one?
Lets say you and I. Thats 2. How many do you think it would take?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

http://concealedcampus.org/
Uhh, how about some female friends that are scared? I know a couple. Just because there aren't a lot of us folks who care on OCDO, doesn't mean they aren't out there...walking past you everyday... asking themselves why the hell do these guys get to carry but not me (a legal adult)....

dlnwoody

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but this is a crazy idea.  Scientist say that the frontal cortex doesn't develope fully untill age 25.  Thats when they get control of their impulses, thats why car insurence goes down at 25.  I go to a tech college and there is no way in hell I would want to see some , I said some of these kids have a gun.  I would have to say no to this one, unless there was a required class and trainning that went along with it.:cry::(:cry:
[/quote]If that is the case I have met a few adults over 25 that should not own guns. So do we take the guns away from them.[/quote]

.45ACPaddy

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
seattleric007 wrote:
If that is the case I have met a few adults over 25 that should not own guns. So do we take the guns away from them.

The solution is so obvious... BAN ALL GUNS! Thats right, because if you put up a ban, even the criminals will follow!

jbone

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Now if only we could get the legislature to put some teeth into pre-emption and specifically call out penalties for those that ignore or subvert it.
+1

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

You can die for your country, be imprisoned as an adult...i.e., have all of the legal obligations, and are subject to legal ramificationsfor your action, you are an adult, and should be allowed to legally have access to everything an adult has access to. That includes purchasing, and consuming alcohol, and gambling IMO. And this is coming from a 31 year old who has a couple fo children just 5-ish years away from reaching the age of 18.

My daughter is 12, and she can't carry pepperspray to school with her, whcih I think is totally wrong...in the age of gangs, and assaults being up at schools, children should be allowed to have the baility to defend themselves, since the teachers can't touch the student engaging in violent behavior.

If an 18 year old shouldn't be allowed to have a CPL, or purchase a handgun at a gunshop, than should a 70 year old person not be allowed to have a CPL, or even drive a vehicle due to the natural decline of reaction, and forgetfulness?

Better yet, let's change the laws so that between the ages of 25, and 55 you are considerred an adult, but anytime before or after those ages you are considerred a minor again.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Better yet, let's change the laws so that between the ages of 25, and 55 you are considerred an adult, but anytime before or after those ages you are considerred a minor again.
Thank you for pointing out the absurdity of our current laws.