• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 Year old boy pepper-sprayed. LOL!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Two big strong cops ATTEMPT to remove the stick from the unstable 8 year old who is threatening them. As the Cops approach the kid lunges and with a lucky POKE catches and removes an EYE FROM ONE OF THE COPS.

With a piece of wall trim, which was mentioned to NOT have a pointy end?

DevinWKuska

So anti-social personality disorder is environmental now, huh? You should let the medical community in on that pearl of wisdom, they've been trying to find to figure that one out for years.

Ok... First of all as a former "Special needs" kids that had behavioral problems I think I am qualified to speak... First of all x3atthis Psychology is NOT a real science, Its a giant high paying guessing game. When I was younger I was court ordered to see a shrink. I was given uppers, downers, ADHD, depressants, anti-depressants, antiu psychotics, anti schitzophrenic medication. Psychology is a joke. There is no FACTUAL evidence to support any psychological "Theories" thus why they are just that... theories... Pavlov's THEORY, Freudian THEORY... the medical community when it comes to diagnosing mental illness is a sham.

Schools put any kid who doesnt play well with others in special needs. In a class of 10-15 students(interestingly enough I am told thats how class size is suppose to be) I had no problems, in a class of 30+students(which is common in my area) you could almost time how long it took before I was in a fight. All the "Bad Boys" in my schools(yes thats plural... kept getting expelled :banghead:) were in special needs or 'Special Ed" classes. THinking back I prolly should have been pepper sprayed a few times.. It probably would have made me think twice about hitting Mr. Wright with that "Lab" stool.

With a piece of wall trim, which was mentioned to NOT have a pointy end?
Hmm.. I think you didnt read the same article I did...

"Police in Lakewood say they pepper-sprayed Aidan Elliott twice Feb. 22 at Glennon Heights Elementary School after he refused to drop a piece of wooden wall trim that he was trying to stab them with."I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, 'cause i was so mad at them," the boy said on NBC’s "Today" show.

Yep... I would suspect that the wall trim(since I use to install it) had a pointy edge.. who TRIES to stab people with blunt objects. Also before stating a comment is fact one should do research. Here is another article about same incident, in which the teachers were the ones being stabbed at. They had barricaded themselves into a closet. The police were simply doing what was necessary to ensure none of the students, teachers, or themselves were hurt.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you...-old-pepper-sprayed-at-school-after-outburst/

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/06/police-pepper-spray-8-year-old-aidan-elliott-in-colorado-element/

RE: the mother... Hasnt anyone ever heard of calling CPS? Its obvious to me that this mother is not doing her job(No mine didnt... spent lots of time in group homes which prolly is what straightend me out)

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Ok... First of all as a former "Special needs" kids that had behavioral problems I think I am qualified to speak... First of all x3atthis Psychology is NOT a real science, Its a giant high paying guessing game. When I was younger I was court ordered to see a shrink. I was given uppers, downers, ADHD, depressants, anti-depressants, antiu psychotics, anti schitzophrenic medication. Psychology is a joke. There is no FACTUAL evidence to support any psychological "Theories" thus why they are just that... theories... Pavlov's THEORY, Freudian THEORY... the medical community when it comes to diagnosing mental illness is a sham.

+10

The only adjustment I might suggest is to the last phrase. Psych's don the white jackets to cloak themselves in the credibility and legitimacy of the medical profession. This lends an air of "authority" to their pronouncements.

MikeTheGreek

RE: the mother... Hasnt anyone ever heard of calling CPS? Its obvious to me that this mother is not doing her job(No mine didnt... spent lots of time in group homes which prolly is what straightend me out)

Article said his mother also threw a "Violent tantrum" at the school when the police disarmed her son. You can see where he gets it from, would have loved to see his mom sprayed too. lol

jdholmes

and if we let them get away with doing it to 8 year olds then how can we object when it is done to us?

Next time I get pepper sprayed for waving around a sharp object and threatening to kill folks I will thank the cops for choosing pepper spray. ;)

The kid seems perfectly functional, mentally, on the video, and certainly doesn't seem to be any worse off for being sprayed.

His behavior is clearly linked to a lack of good parenting...my impression from the way he talked of school "taking away his time with mom since she is hardly at home now" would indicate that here are certainly issues there and likely no father.

Come on...it's pepper spray. He'll be ok...at least from that.

x3atthis

Ok... First of all as a former "Special needs" kids that had behavioral problems I think I am qualified to speak... First of all x3atthis Psychology is NOT a real science, Its a giant high paying guessing game. When I was younger I was court ordered to see a shrink. I was given uppers, downers, ADHD, depressants, anti-depressants, antiu psychotics, anti schitzophrenic medication. Psychology is a joke. There is no FACTUAL evidence to support any psychological "Theories" thus why they are just that... theories... Pavlov's THEORY, Freudian THEORY... the medical community when it comes to diagnosing mental illness is a sham.

Schools put any kid who doesnt play well with others in special needs. In a class of 10-15 students(interestingly enough I am told thats how class size is suppose to be) I had no problems, in a class of 30+students(which is common in my area) you could almost time how long it took before I was in a fight. All the "Bad Boys" in my schools(yes thats plural... kept getting expelled :banghead:) were in special needs or 'Special Ed" classes. THinking back I prolly should have been pepper sprayed a few times.. It probably would have made me think twice about hitting Mr. Wright with that "Lab" stool.

Hmm.. I think you didnt read the same article I did...

"Police in Lakewood say they pepper-sprayed Aidan Elliott twice Feb. 22 at Glennon Heights Elementary School after he refused to drop a piece of wooden wall trim that he was trying to stab them with."I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, 'cause i was so mad at them," the boy said on NBC’s "Today" show.

Yep... I would suspect that the wall trim(since I use to install it) had a pointy edge.. who TRIES to stab people with blunt objects. Also before stating a comment is fact one should do research. Here is another article about same incident, in which the teachers were the ones being stabbed at. They had barricaded themselves into a closet. The police were simply doing what was necessary to ensure none of the students, teachers, or themselves were hurt.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you...-old-pepper-sprayed-at-school-after-outburst/

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/06/police-pepper-spray-8-year-old-aidan-elliott-in-colorado-element/

You just contradicted yourself. You deny any legitimacy to psychology/psychiatry, while stating an environmental change helped correct your behavioral issues. Psychology would openly support that environment can, in many cases, be the largest contributing factor, or trigger, with genetics and predisposition acting as a secondary factor/underlying cause. Hence explaining why individuals react differently in the same situation with same variables.

And given your reference to medication, I take it you're dismissing the entire field of psychopharmocology as well? Neurotransmitters are just a theory anyway, right? I bet they faked those neuroimaging results. Bipolar? You don't need that lithium! Schizophrenic? Chlorpromazine is just a placebo anyways, you'll be fine.

END_THE_FED

......... Or women carrying a baby in front of their homes. Or 17 year olds with their back turned to a BATF hero.........

What indecent are you referring to with the 17 year old? If you are referring to the Ruby Ridge Murders then I have to correct you. Sammy Weaver was 14 years old and was murdered by a U.S. Marshal, not a BATFE agent.

If you are referring to a different incident that I am not aware of then please elaborate a bit, I would like to learn more.

I am not trying to distract from your main point i am merely trying to lend some clarity.

KBCraig

What ever happened to just taking the damn stick away from the kid ? how much can getting whacked by a stick of wood trim hurt when it is swung by an 8 year old ? I mean Jesus Christ people think this thru !!!! have the police been pepper spraying bad kids for a hundred years? NO ! they walk up and take the damn stick away grab the kid and haul his butt off to his father or mother for whatever punishment they deem necessary.

It isn't rocket science, if your so damn scared of the damage a 8 YEAR OLD can do with a piece of wood trim then you should probably never leave your house!

was the kid in the wrong ? YES
should he have been pepper sprayed ? NO
should his parent whip his butt ? YES

^ This.

Even if he's the victim of poor parenting and lack of discipline at home, on top of whatever else may have caused him to act this way, it's a kid with a piece of wood!

Are school cops these days such pussies that they can't deal with an unruly 8 year old shouting obscenities and threats without using a tool designed for out-of-control drug addicts? I don't care what the kid is "threatening", if his only weapon is a "sharpened piece of wood" (BTW, don't they use pencils in this school?), snatch his little ass up by the scruff of the neck, take the "weapon" away, and sit him in the corner until he calms down.

Jeezy creezy, people. It's a KID, not a serial killer with a chainsaw!

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

It has to be dramatically over reported and cops have to be over zealous in their use of force.

How else can the lawyers, police, journalists, and the mental "scientists" be able to convince the public there is a huge growing problem with 8 year olds and something needs to be done, that way congress, the senate, the President our State Governors and legislatures right on down to our local municipalities can try to "fix" the problem with more regulation and laws. And give them more funds to Police, the researching "scientists", and special government workers to handle these situations.

Outdoorsman1

What ever happened to just taking the damn stick away from the kid ? how much can getting whacked by a stick of wood trim hurt when it is swung by an 8 year old ? I mean Jesus Christ people think this thru !!!! have the police been pepper spraying bad kids for a hundred years? NO ! they walk up and take the damn stick away grab the kid and haul his butt off to his father or mother for whatever punishment they deem necessary.

It isn't rocket science, if your so damn scared of the damage a 8 YEAR OLD can do with a piece of wood trim then you should probably never leave your house!

was the kid in the wrong ? YES
should he have been pepper sprayed ? NO
should his parent whip his butt ? YES

X 1000.....

Some of the views expressed in this thread as well as the fact that I am starting to realize that some other strongly held views by open carriers in general do not coincide with my feelings on how certain situations should be handled. It is for these reasons that I am considering less involvement that I have shown in the past.

I believe that any situation in life (including the topic of this thread) should be handled based on the "totality of the circumstances" not some pre determined mindset....

The Kid was 8 years old.....For God Sake... I will admit to the fact that if the kid had a gun then much stronger action would be appropriate.

Outdoorsman1

Gunslinger

lets me see if this works....

Two big strong cops ATTEMPT to remove the stick from the unstable 8 year old who is threatening them. As the Cops approach the kid lunges and with a lucky POKE catches and removes an EYE FROM ONE OF THE COPS. Not an appropriate outcome

Maybe, use the TOOLS you have available to control the situation and minimize the POTENTIAL injury to all involved. I am all for using the pepper spray, THEN TASER, then potentially lethal force if the specific situation justifies it (not saying the Lethal force would be justified in this specific situation). But 8 year old with stick (no info given on the size or nature of the stick that I have seen) Cop or two with pepper spray, tasers, and handguns.... Yep, use pepper spray if needed then up to taser if pepper spray doesn't distract the miscreant enough to allow disarmament.

"Then potentially lethal force" on an 8 year old? With a ******* stick in his hand? Are you out of your mind? They could have used you and your 'philosophy' at Ruby Ridge.

bomber

Me too. They should have opened fire on him with M-4s. Afterall, a 'special needs, ' which is clearly stated in the news article, 8 year old with a stick is a real danger to the heroic defenders who protect us all. These hero cops should have taken a lesson from the other heroes of the fbi. They have a lot of experience in burning women and children alive. Waco should be sop for cops faced with out of control 8 year olds. Or women carrying a baby in front of their homes. Or 17 year olds with their back turned to a BATF hero. We are blessed with many heroes to "protect and serve."

exactly

what the **** kind of cop can't handle an 8 year old? i mean really? we call these guys hero's but it seems that they are only out to protect and serve #1.

the kid obvioulsy has some problems and needs to be corrected somehow, but lets not forget the fact that these cops totally pussied out. maybe they should have walked up to the kid, taken the stick away and beat his ass with it.

bomber

As the Cops approach the kid lunges and with a lucky POKE catches and removes an EYE FROM ONE OF THE COPS. Not an appropriate outcome

i don't know, i could see that as a totally appropriate outcome.

Gunslinger

What indecent are you referring to with the 17 year old? If you are referring to the Ruby Ridge Murders then I have to correct you. Sammy Weaver was 14 years old and was murdered by a U.S. Marshal, not a BATFE agent.

If you are referring to a different incident that I am not aware of then please elaborate a bit, I would like to learn more.

I am not trying to distract from your main point i am merely trying to lend some clarity.

I'm referring to RR. You're correct it was an heroic us marshal that murdered the boy, not an heroic batf pos; however, I thought he was 17. Been a while since I read the reports on the murderous scum hiding behind badges, so I will defer to your answer. The point, however, is still apt--even more so if the murdered boy was 14. And the murder of his wife, holding their baby, stands on it's own merit. A boy shot in the back and a woman murdered in front of her own home, and nothing was done against these vermin--excepting the civll suit payout. At least the guy who shot the murdering bastard who killed the boy was justly found not guilty. Too bad he didn't get more of them.

blackmarine

I'm not sure what world you live in, but normal 8 year old boys don't try to kill people with a piece of wood. In addition to that, the article clearly stated that the boy suffers from behavioral issues to the extent that he attends special programs at school, clearly indicating mental health issues.

As I already stated, I take no issue with macing him. He posed a threat to their safety and to the safety of others. What I do take issue with, is statements such as "should have tazed the little s***."

To even make derogatory references to an ill child is immature at best, for starters. And given the community that we are, one that is frequently the target of police and overt force, I have a hard time understanding why we would advocate the police using unnecessary force against ANYONE for ANY reason.

The only thing wrong with this little brat is, he doesn't get proper discipline at home. He needs to have his ass beat at home as soon as he acts like a fool.

Then maybe, just maybe he wouldn't think he could get away with the same kind of s**t at school.

It's not the job of teachers to look after these brats, they have a hard enough time trying to teach them as it is.

Duke

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Everything these days that kids do wrong, make people think they are "mentally ill". If a child behaves badly, the parents flip out and put them on meds. When I was a kid, behaving badly, was common. They didn't drug you up, say you were mentally ill, or send you to other schools to handle it.

Hes just a kid who CLEARLY wasn't raised right, and thinks it's fine to do these kinds of things, because I guarantee his mother went home, told him it was fine, and said the police shouldn't have touched him.

I stand by the fact he should have been tazed, he was an out of control individual who posed a threat to himself, the other children, and the police, by clearly stating he was going to try and cause bodily harm, and death to the police officers.

Just because he's an idiot, doesn't make him mentally ill. He was raised wrong, and made a bad choice. That's it.

And you know all this how? Seems you are making a lot of assumptions and generalization.

MikeTheGreek

Side note, I was more afraid of my Mama's wooden spoon than any sharp stick or my Daddy's belt....still am now that I think about it. ;)

+10

As a Greek I know exactly what you're talking about, pepper spray? sharp sticks? Nahhh, those are kiddo toys, wooden spoons will always put fear in my heart.

MikeTheGreek

And you know all this how? Seems you are making a lot of assumptions and generalization.

Thought I'd jump in with the assumption bandwagon. Everybody is saying the kids mentally ill and all this stuff.

The articles state his mother is hardly home, they both have anger issues, and there is no mention of the childs father.

Seems like my assumptions have some information to back them up, unlike the "Oh he must be mentally ill, leave the child alone" statements.

END_THE_FED

The County prosecutor in Idaho did charge FBI "agent" Lon Horiuchi with Man Slaughter ( I think he may have been indited by a grand jury as well) but he was protected by the Feds.

A federal court said he couldn't be tried based on an erroneous interpretation of the Supremacy Clause. After a higher court overruled the decision and said he could be tried in a local court, the county had a different prosecutor who dropped the charges.

Not long after that, Horiuchi was sent to Waco to take part in the Murders there.